+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: February 9-11 Schedule/Standings

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: February 9-11 Schedule/Standings

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I hope we change venues next year. Please have it in DFW.
    I think Memphis would be the best neutral site. Memphis is drivable from WKU, Middle Tennessee, UAB, Southern Miss, and Louisiana Tech. And maybe some locals would support it.

DFW would never even know we were there, and attendance in DFW would be embarrassingly low. North Texas, Rice, and UTSA do not support basketball along with Florida Atlantic and FIU.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We need UAB to lose in the first round so that C-UAB get's the least possible gate at the Birmingham "neutral sight".
    Why is the conference tourney in Birmingham again?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds EXACTLY like something our AD would think of.
    I would like to retire and be Tech's AD. You would back me wouldn't you PD? You and DFM could be my advisors. Does it matter that I don't have any experience?

When I win the Powerball, I plan on you, DFM, and I deciding on how we should contribute Tech's share of the proceeds.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I think Memphis would be the best neutral site. Memphis is drivable from WKU, Middle Tennessee, UAB, Southern Miss, and Louisiana Tech. And maybe some locals would support it.

DFW would never even know we were there, and attendance in DFW would be embarrassingly low. North Texas, Rice, and UTSA do not support basketball along with Florida Atlantic and FIU.
    You absolutely do not know what you are talking about.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    You absolutely do not know what you are talking about.
    So you think DFW TV crews, the DMN, and DFW talk radio will be buzzing about the C-USA hoops tourney, and locals would come out in droves to support a tourney UNT likely wouldn't even qualify for, and fans from other C-USA schools would flock to Frisco?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Why is the conference tourney in Birmingham again?
    Because it's what they (the decision makers) KNOW. It's all they know, so it's the easiest decision to make. It's the easy way out.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

First- this year's CUSA tournament isn't even on the table, so your UNT comment is irrelevant. Second- LA Tech, UNT, UTEP, and UTSA all have very significant fan bases that LIVE HERE IN DFW. Rice and USM also have decent alumni bases. Many of these fans have split allegiances, but when it comes to a chance to get into the NCAA tournament they will definitely attend.
    As stated earlier, it is very easy for CUSA East (or other) fans to get into and back out of DFW Airport easily, so they can stay as long or as short of a time as they wish.
    The media here is fair and very happy to promote events like a CUSA tournament. They are well staffed and do not have the fear that Louisiana media have of an "underling rising up to the level of 'The Flagship'".

Memphis and Dallas would be two excellent choices for a CUSA tournament ROTATION.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Why do we care about the drivability for WKU, MTSU, UAB? All I really care is the amount of Tech fans in the stands. DFW is home for a lot Tech alumns.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Why do we care about the drivability for WKU, MTSU, UAB? All I really care is the amount of Tech fans in the stands. DFW is home for a lot Tech alumns.
    Because you need support from other C-USA members to win a bid to get the tourney out of Birmingham. I agree DFW would be best for Tech outside of Bossier, but DFW stands little no chance to land the C-USA Tourney from both a business and politics standpoint.

With cooperation between Tech, UNT, UTSA, UTEP, Rice, and USM there is no way CUSA East could block DFW from happening as part of a rotation and it would be ignorant of them to attempt to do so. The exposure for all of us is OVERWHELMING.

Texas is the second largest state at 26.5M+ (only California is larger with NY at 19.7M). Tennessee, Alabama, and Louisiana are all less than 6.5M with the latter two ~4.5M. The media and recruiting potential are enormous.

Oh and LA Tech? FIVE current Dunkin Dawgs are from DFW and one is from Houston. That's almost half our roster!

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think UNT would place a bid. Do we need a rule change on how the decision is made on location?

Didn't Judy give the silent nod to ODU for the next tournament?
    To what? Coaches' vote?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I just hope it's not at UAB again or something ridiculous as ODU. I don't care if it's Memphis or DFW. I want the tourney close to Tech or in a city with a lot of Tech alumns.

With cooperation between Tech, UNT, UTSA, UTEP, Rice, and USM there is no way CUSA East could block DFW from happening as part of a rotation and it would be ignorant of them to attempt to do so. The exposure for all of us is OVERWHELMING.

Texas is the second largest state at 26.5M+ (only California is larger with NY at 19.7M). Tennessee, Alabama, and Louisiana are all less than 6.5M with the latter two ~4.5M. The media and recruiting potential are enormous.

Oh and LA Tech? FIVE current Dunkin Dawgs are from DFW and one is from Houston. That's almost half our roster!
    7 C-USA East schools + UAB = majority

Tech + Texas schools is only 5 of 14 votes.

Birmingham has been the furtherest east city able to meet bid requirements, and that's why they've won the bid the last 3 years. B'ham would win out over DFW 9-5 every time when up for a vote.

And I haven't heard any talk from C-USA officials about a rotation. I think they will be looking to sign a 2-3 year deal somewhere next.

The only way I see DFW landing the tourney is if they offer the biggest taxpayer guarantee, and I find it highly unlikely they are that interested.

And sorry, but the DFW media exposure is laughable. Our two bowl games there were largely ignored by the DFW media, and the C-USA Tourney would only be a footnote.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

First- this year's CUSA tournament isn't even on the table, so your UNT comment is irrelevant. Second- LA Tech, UNT, UTEP, and UTSA all have very significant fan bases that LIVE HERE IN DFW. Rice and USM also have decent alumni bases. Many of these fans have split allegiances, but when it comes to a chance to get into the NCAA tournament they will definitely attend.
    As stated earlier, it is very easy for CUSA East (or other) fans to get into and back out of DFW Airport easily, so they can stay as long or as short of a time as they wish.
    The media here is fair and very happy to promote events like a CUSA tournament. They are well staffed and do not have the fear that Louisiana media have of an "underling rising up to the level of 'The Flagship'".

Memphis and Dallas would be two excellent choices for a CUSA tournament ROTATION.
    Agree completely. For the record, UNT gets very fair treatment by the local media here in DFW, especially from Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket. So any tournament UNT is involved in will certainly get its fair share of media coverage locally. Also, don't forget that CUSA is actually headquartered in DFW.

DW makes a great point about "LA Tech, UNT, UTEP, and UTSA all have very significant fan bases that LIVE HERE IN DFW." There are certainly more graduates of CUSA schools living here in DFW than in Birmingham or just about any other single place.

Birmingham has been the furtherest east city able to meet bid requirements, and that's why they've won the bid the last 3 years. B'ham would win out over DFW 9-5 every time when up for a vote.

The only way I see DFW landing the tourney is if they offer the biggest taxpayer guarantee, and I find it highly unlikely they are that interested.

And sorry, but the DFW media exposure is laughable. Our two bowl games there were largely ignored by the DFW media, and the C-USA Tourney would only be a footnote.
    Small time thinking. And CUSA is loaded with small time thinkers. If what you say is true, LA Tech and the "western schools" in CUSA are not benefiting from being in CUSA. I'm already unhappy with CUSA about a number of issues....so, maybe the western schools should seriously consider breaking apart from CUSA.

+ Reply to Thread