+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: M. Basketball. Bulldogs Escape El Paso with Victory

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Re: M. Basketball. Bulldogs Escape El Paso with Victory

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Geez. They look Sun Belt ready with this particular facility.

This looks like the Kibbie Dome of basketball. What's the capacity?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I have heard wins against tourney teams referenced before. You provided some insight so I'm not confident they will get an at-large bid. But I do think they'll be in the conversation if they were to lose in the CUSA finals (if they win the regular season championship. I'll defer to you, for now...
    When the media says that I think they are referring to seeds 11 and better, teams that would receive an at-large bid. That's simply another way of them saying Top 50 teams. Records against auto-bids for seeds 12-16 just aren't given the same weight as the at-large caliber (Top 50) teams.

BTW last year we won 23 regular season games and were undefeated 5-0 against NCAAT and NIT teams, and we weren't even in the conversation for an NIT bid.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    When the media says that I think they are referring to seeds 11 and better, teams that would receive an at-large bid. That's simply another way of them saying Top 50 teams. Records against auto-bids for seeds 12-16 just aren't given the same weight as the at-large caliber (Top 50) teams.

BTW last year we won 23 regular season games and were undefeated 5-0 against NCAAT and NIT teams, and we weren't even in the conversation for an NIT bid.
    Again, just in case you weren't paying attention.
    confusedscratch-head01-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000414-large.gif

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    Again, just in case you weren't paying attention.
    Attachment 13871
    True story.

W 82-74 at Ohio State (NIT)
    W 83-76 vs. Southern (NCAAT)
    W 66-63 at Florida Gulf Coast (NCAAT)
    W 73-63 vs. Middle Tennessee (NCAAT)
    W 85-76 vs. UAB (NIT)

=> Vegas Ocho!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

True story.

W 82-74 at Ohio State (NIT)
    W 83-76 vs. Southern (NCAAT)
    W 66-63 at Florida Gulf Coast (NCAAT)
    W 73-63 vs. Middle Tennessee (NCAAT)
    W 85-76 vs. UAB (NIT)

=> Vegas Ocho!
    I thought you couldn't count the auto-bids? Either way, Middle Tenn has a tournament pedigree and a much more impressive record than we did last year.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

I thought you couldn't count the auto-bids? Either way, Middle Tenn has a tournament pedigree and a much more impressive record than we did last year.
    I was simply illustrating my point that beating NCAA auto-bids doesn't carry any weight come Selection Sunday. It's all about record vs. Top 50/NCAA at-large caliber teams (and then not having bad losses).

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

I was simply illustrating my point that beating NCAA auto-bids doesn't carry any weight come Selection Sunday. It's all about record vs. Top 50/NCAA at-large caliber teams (and then not having bad losses).
    Well, I'm sure some name recognition has something to do with it. ACC, Big East, and Big 10 get a boost for their conference affiliation.

UNC Wilmington is 22-4 and leading their conference. Belmont is 18-4 and undefeated in the Ohio Valley. Seems like a defacto "bracket-buster" bid to me.
    You jinxed them. MTSU's best wins took a beating yesterday. UNC Wilmington and Belmont both got upset last night by Elon and Tennessee Tech, respectively. And Vandy lost to lowly Missouri. Bad news for the Blue Raiders.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I saw that! I still think Wilmington and Belmont will get the auto-bids but I agree yesterday's losses won't help MTENN'S prospects.

+ Reply to Thread