+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 222

Thread: 2018 Dunkin' Dawgs Schedule w/ TV & Stream Info

  1. #181
    Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    18,054

    Re: 2018 Dunkin' Dawgs Schedule

    NEWS: In addition to @CancunChallenge, #DunkinDawgs will play 2 C-USA games on @CBSSportsNet: 1/11 #LaTech at MTSU 2/15 UAB at #LaTech

  2. #182
    Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    26,617

    Re: 2018 Dunkin' Dawgs Schedule w/ TV & Stream Info

    Tech's non-conference Strength of Schedule ranks 12th in C-USA, per KenPom.

    Only USM and FIU have worse OOC schedules, but those programs are so bad they need a weak OOC slate.

    MTSU's OOC opponents average 99 KenPom ranking spots higher than Tech's.

  3. #183
    2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    N. Louisiana
    Posts
    6,726

    Re: 2018 Dunkin' Dawgs Schedule w/ TV & Stream Info

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Tech's non-conference Strength of Schedule ranks 12th in C-USA, per KenPom. Only USM and FIU have worse OOC schedules.

    MTSU's OOC opponents average 99 KenPom ranking spots higher than Tech's.
    That REALLY sucks, considering how low CUSA ranks as a b/b conference.
    We are the 32-Crew.

    baw011, Beauxier Dawg, BRdawg81, Champ967, ChipDog, Cool Hand Clyde, Dawgmatic, Dawgpix, dawg78, dawgs1, DellDawg, DFM, DogtorEvil, DQDawg, glm47, Guisslapp, HogDawg, JAB, kw2292, maddawg, marketdawg, mildawg, nadB, qng001, rangerdawg, RhinoDawg (Chugalug Champion), shreveportdawg, Slackdog, SteveyTI, stuee, Vdog, Wassaki20.

  4. #184
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    29,638

    Re: 2018 Dunkin' Dawgs Schedule w/ TV & Stream Info

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Tech's non-conference Strength of Schedule ranks 12th in C-USA, per KenPom.

    Only USM and FIU have worse OOC schedules, but those programs are so bad they need a weak OOC slate.

    MTSU's OOC opponents average 99 KenPom ranking spots higher than Tech's.
    When it comes to OOC scheduling, I have no sympathy for LA Tech. We've known for years that our OOC schedule sucks, and we've talked about it repeatedly. Miles College? WHO IS THAT? UT-Tyler? Honestly, I didn't even know that UT-Tyler had "varsity" basketball.

    And yet, our leadership still refuses to do anything about this. I honestly don't know why Tech fans buy season tickets to this.

  5. #185
    Champ Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    9,388

    Re: 2018 Dunkin' Dawgs Schedule w/ TV & Stream Info

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    When it comes to OOC scheduling, I have no sympathy for LA Tech. We've known for years that our OOC schedule sucks, and we've talked about it repeatedly. Miles College? WHO IS THAT? UT-Tyler? Honestly, I didn't even know that UT-Tyler had "varsity" basketball.

    And yet, our leadership still refuses to do anything about this. I honestly don't know why Tech fans buy season tickets to this.
    To be fair, we've also known that the regular season in CUSA is totally irrelevant. Might as well pad our win column. Although you have to balance an easy win with a win people actually want to see.

  6. #186
    Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    18,054

    Re: 2018 Dunkin' Dawgs Schedule

    Fri, Nov 10 UT-Tyler 6:30 pm
    Mon, Nov 13 Southeast Missouri State (OVC) 6:30 pm Cancun Challenge (Home)
    Sat, Nov 18 Montana State (Big Sky) 7:00 pm Cancun Challenge (Home)
    Tue, Nov 21 George Mason (A-10) 5:00 pm CBSSN Cancun Challenge
    Wed, Nov 22 Evansville (MVC)/Fresno State (MW) 5/7:30 pm CBSSN Cancun Challenge
    Wed, Nov 29 @ Alabama 7:00 pm SEC +
    Sat, Dec. 2 Miles College 6:00 pm
    Wed, Dec. 6 SFA 6:30 pm
    Sat, Dec. 9 Jackson State 6:00 pm
    Tue, Dec. 12 UL-L 6:30 pm
    Sat, Dec. 16 @ Texas 1:00 pm LHN
    Thu, Dec. 21 Alabama State (SWAC) 2:30 pm @ New Orleans Shootout at Xavier Convocation Center
    Fri, Dec. 22 Liberty (Big South)/Fort Wayne (Summit) 12/2:30 pm @ New Orleans Shootout at Xavier Convocation Center

    As D06 has pointed out - can't complain about SEMO & MT State - they are part of the Cancun Package.

    I like the NO Shootout - gives a 2nd tournament experience heading into Conference play. What I don't like is play Alabama State 1st. We should have demanded to play Liberty or IPFW. but alas, "That's not who we are" - TMac

    We always need $ games, so Bama & Texas are good choices. Drivable and potentially winnable.

    That leaves us 5 OOC games that we actually scheduled. I'm fine with SFA & UL-L. If they are H/H agreements, I wish we'd be on the road with one this year so we don't have to go on the road to both next year.

    That leaves: UT-Tyler, Miles College, & Jackson State
    We don't need 2 non-D1 games a year. If we are going to schedule one - have Centenary come to town. I think DFM said it & I agree, I'd rather have another road $ game.
    The Jackson State game wouldn't bother me as much if we didn't have Alabama State in N.O. I'm fine with one SWAC a year, but that's it.

  7. #187
    Champ Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    9,388

    Re: 2018 Dunkin' Dawgs Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Fri, Nov 10 UT-Tyler 6:30 pm
    Mon, Nov 13 Southeast Missouri State (OVC) 6:30 pm Cancun Challenge (Home)
    Sat, Nov 18 Montana State (Big Sky) 7:00 pm Cancun Challenge (Home)
    Tue, Nov 21 George Mason (A-10) 5:00 pm CBSSN Cancun Challenge
    Wed, Nov 22 Evansville (MVC)/Fresno State (MW) 5/7:30 pm CBSSN Cancun Challenge
    Wed, Nov 29 @ Alabama 7:00 pm SEC +
    Sat, Dec. 2 Miles College 6:00 pm
    Wed, Dec. 6 SFA 6:30 pm
    Sat, Dec. 9 Jackson State 6:00 pm
    Tue, Dec. 12 UL-L 6:30 pm
    Sat, Dec. 16 @ Texas 1:00 pm LHN
    Thu, Dec. 21 Alabama State (SWAC) 2:30 pm @ New Orleans Shootout at Xavier Convocation Center
    Fri, Dec. 22 Liberty (Big South)/Fort Wayne (Summit) 12/2:30 pm @ New Orleans Shootout at Xavier Convocation Center


    As D06 has pointed out - can't complain about SEMO & MT State - they are part of the Cancun Package.

    I like the NO Shootout - gives a 2nd tournament experience heading into Conference play. What I don't like is play Alabama State 1st. We should have demanded to play Liberty or IPFW. but alas, "That's not who we are" - TMac

    We always need $ games, so Bama & Texas are good choices. Drivable and potentially winnable.

    That leaves us 5 OOC games that we actually scheduled. I'm fine with SFA & UL-L. If they are H/H agreements, I wish we'd be on the road with one this year so we don't have to go on the road to both next year.

    That leaves: UT-Tyler, Miles College, & Jackson State
    We don't need 2 non-D1 games a year. If we are going to schedule one - have Centenary come to town. I think DFM said it & I agree, I'd rather have another road $ game.
    The Jackson State game wouldn't bother me as much if we didn't have Alabama State in N.O. I'm fine with one SWAC a year, but that's it.
    As others have pointed out, we only have so much money to entice good home games.

    But more than one D2 is just plain lazy. No way around it. There are about 300 other teams we could schedule instead.

  8. #188
    Administrator & 2006 Men's Progressive Bracket Champion Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Posts
    36,336

    Re: 2018 Dunkin' Dawgs Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    But more than one D2 is just plain lazy. No way around it. There are about 64 other teams we could schedule instead.
    Fixed it for you -

    I have very little complaints with this schedule - should have Centenary instead of UT-Tyler and

    We should have a guarantee game away instead of Miles to put $$$,$$$ into the coffers - minimum it cost us $150,000

    Jackson St is ok, I have no problem rotating JSU, Grambling, Southern and UAPB on a 4 year basis

    Those two tweaks and we have a really good schedule and I think we are close to having those type schedules every year
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

  9. #189
    Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    26,617

    Re: 2018 Dunkin' Dawgs Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Fixed it for you -

    I have very little complaints with this schedule - should have Centenary instead of UT-Tyler and

    We should have a guarantee game away instead of Miles to put $$$,$$$ into the coffers - minimum it cost us $150,000

    Jackson St is ok, I have no problem rotating JSU, Grambling, Southern and UAPB on a 4 year basis

    Those two tweaks and we have a really good schedule and I think we are close to having those type schedules every year
    Agreed.

    Simply replacing 1 of the non-DI games with a road guarantee against the Cartel would significantly improve our schedule and our bottom line.

    One SWAC home guarantee is fine but no more than that. We should never schedule more than 1 non-DI opponent. C-USA may even fine us for scheduling 2 non-DIs.

    I would also prefer Centenary over any of the other non-DIs, but in the end, a non-DI is a non-DI. The name doesn't really make much difference.

  10. #190
    Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    26,617

    Re: 2018 Dunkin' Dawgs Schedule w/ TV & Stream Info

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    To be fair, we've also known that the regular season in CUSA is totally irrelevant. Might as well pad our win column. Although you have to balance an easy win with a win people actually want to see.
    Don't lose sight of the NIT. Maybe we can't build a schedule to give us a shot at an at-large NCAA bid, but there's no excuse for us not to be able to build a schedule that gives us a shot at an at-large NIT bid. Konkol has won 23 games twice but didn't get a sniff from the NIT because our schedules are so pathetic. In 2006 Richard/Millsap got us an at-large 5 seed in the NIT with a 20-12 record. In this new era we aren't even on the NIT bubble with 23 wins because most of our Ws today are worthless.

  11. #191
    Champ Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    9,388

    Re: 2018 Dunkin' Dawgs Schedule w/ TV & Stream Info

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Don't lose sight of the NIT. Maybe we can't build a schedule to give us a shot at an at-large NCAA bid, but there's no excuse for us not to be able to build a schedule that gives us a shot at an at-large NIT bid. Konkol has won 23 games twice but didn't get a sniff from the NIT because our schedules are so pathetic. In 2006 Richard/Millsap got us an at-large 5 seed in the NIT with a 20-12 record. In this new era we aren't even on the NIT bubble with 23 wins because most of our Ws today are worthless.
    Quick, who won the NIT last year?

    There's nothing wrong with postseason play but the NIT isn't what it used to be. It's given us some fun games and even a big win or two but who really cares?

    Of course, you're still right. If even the NIT doesn't want us...

  12. #192
    Champ Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    9,388

    Re: 2018 Dunkin' Dawgs Schedule w/ TV & Stream Info

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Don't lose sight of the NIT. Maybe we can't build a schedule to give us a shot at an at-large NCAA bid, but there's no excuse for us not to be able to build a schedule that gives us a shot at an at-large NIT bid. Konkol has won 23 games twice but didn't get a sniff from the NIT because our schedules are so pathetic. In 2006 Richard/Millsap got us an at-large 5 seed in the NIT with a 20-12 record. In this new era we aren't even on the NIT bubble with 23 wins because most of our Ws today are worthless.
    Quick, who won the NIT last year?

    There's nothing wrong with postseason play but the NIT isn't what it used to be. It's given us some fun games and even a big win or two but who really cares?

    Of course, you're still right. If even the NIT doesn't want us...

  13. #193
    2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    N. Louisiana
    Posts
    6,726

    Re: 2018 Dunkin' Dawgs Schedule w/ TV & Stream Info

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I honestly don't know why Tech fans buy season tickets to this.
    Good point. I've missed about 10 home games over the past 10 years or so, and this year declined to renew my 4 season tickets in Section 107. I'll bother to drive to Ruston only for the games I want to watch, and buy tickets only for those games.

    I already feel better about konkol's crap scheduling, knowing I'll feel no obligation to show up and have folks see me and think I support it.
    We are the 32-Crew.

    baw011, Beauxier Dawg, BRdawg81, Champ967, ChipDog, Cool Hand Clyde, Dawgmatic, Dawgpix, dawg78, dawgs1, DellDawg, DFM, DogtorEvil, DQDawg, glm47, Guisslapp, HogDawg, JAB, kw2292, maddawg, marketdawg, mildawg, nadB, qng001, rangerdawg, RhinoDawg (Chugalug Champion), shreveportdawg, Slackdog, SteveyTI, stuee, Vdog, Wassaki20.

  14. #194
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    29,638

    Re: 2018 Dunkin' Dawgs Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Agreed.

    Simply replacing 1 of the non-DI games with a road guarantee against the Cartel would significantly improve our schedule and our bottom line.

    One SWAC home guarantee is fine but no more than that. We should never schedule more than 1 non-DI opponent. C-USA may even fine us for scheduling 2 non-DIs.

    I would also prefer Centenary over any of the other non-DIs, but in the end, a non-DI is a non-DI. The name doesn't really make much difference.

    Why are so many of you satisfied with a SWAC school on the schedule? That's not gonna sell any tickets.

    I don't think some of you guys are taking this OOC scheduling thing seriously. There's a REASON LA Tech is being ranked as having the 12th best OOC schedule in CUSA. That alone ought to make some of you guys realize that you've got to change your way of thinking. I know change comes slowly sometimes in Louisiana, but what we're doing ain't working.

  15. #195
    2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    N. Louisiana
    Posts
    6,726

    Re: 2018 Dunkin' Dawgs Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Why are so many of you satisfied with a SWAC school on the schedule? That's not gonna sell any tickets.

    I don't think some of you guys are taking this OOC scheduling thing seriously. There's a REASON LA Tech is being ranked as having the 12th best OOC schedule in CUSA. That alone ought to make some of you guys realize that you've got to change your way of thinking. I know change comes slowly sometimes in Louisiana, but what we're doing ain't working.
    Anybody who wants to watch swac ball can drive over to Grambling.
    We are the 32-Crew.

    baw011, Beauxier Dawg, BRdawg81, Champ967, ChipDog, Cool Hand Clyde, Dawgmatic, Dawgpix, dawg78, dawgs1, DellDawg, DFM, DogtorEvil, DQDawg, glm47, Guisslapp, HogDawg, JAB, kw2292, maddawg, marketdawg, mildawg, nadB, qng001, rangerdawg, RhinoDawg (Chugalug Champion), shreveportdawg, Slackdog, SteveyTI, stuee, Vdog, Wassaki20.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts