+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NCAA to experiment with quarters rules w/ 20 min halves during NIT

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Ncaa NCAA to experiment with quarters rules w/ 20 min halves during NIT

http://deadspin.com/ncaa-to-experime...sti-1792311454

• Each team is limited to a team total of four personal and technical fouls (excluding administrative technical fouls) during each 10-minute segment of each half.
    • The first 10-minute segment of each half will begin when the ball becomes live to begin the half and will end when the game clock reads 10:00. The second segment will begin when the game clock reads 9:59 and ends when the half ends.
    • When a team has reached the four-foul limitation, all subsequent personal and technical fouls (excluding administrative technical fouls) will be penalized by two free throw attempts.
    • Each team’s foul total will reset to zero when any 10-minute segment has ended.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Re: NCAA to experiment with quarters rules w/ 20 min halves during NIT

I don't get this. Why do this without just officially going to 4 quarters?

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    I don't get this. Why do this without just officially going to 4 quarters?
    I don't like doing away with the 1 and 1.

Anybody remember the NBA's 3 to make 2 rule?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I don't like doing away with the 1 and 1.

Anybody remember the NBA's 3 to make 2 rule?
    Yep, and some of the star players could not have made 2 if they had been given 5 to make 2.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I'm against any thing that does away with the 1-1 scenario

I'm ok with quarters and 4 foul thing - but I think it should be 1-1 and then 2 shots when it hits 10 team fouls in a half
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

As an official, I really like the change on the women's side to four quarters and five fouls per quarter before getting into the bonus. I think it's made for a smoother game. Each team gets to reset after each quarter, so teams aren't punished throughout the whole half for fouling so much at the beginning of the game. I also think having just one media TO per quarter has been very helpful in speeding up the game.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    As an official, I really like the change on the women's side to four quarters and five fouls per quarter before getting into the bonus. I think it's made for a smoother game. Each team gets to reset after each quarter, so teams aren't punished throughout the whole half for fouling so much at the beginning of the game. I also think having just one media TO per quarter has been very helpful in speeding up the game.
    As long as there is some evidence that this has sped games up, I would be ok with it. Glad to hear changes are actually working.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Would be nice if that could be the limit for all sports...

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    As long as there is some evidence that this has sped games up, I would be ok with it. Glad to hear changes are actually working.
    Don't know for sure, but it seems like the games have been faster to me.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Men's basketball is the one college sport that I don't think has a problem of dragging on too long. I wouldn't make any changes at all. It isn't broken. Now football on the other hand, ...
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Men's basketball is the one college sport that I don't think has a problem of dragging on too long. I wouldn't make any changes at all. It isn't broken. Now football on the other hand, ...
    The television games tend to drag a little but we don't have to deal with that too often. I wouldn't mind these changes if they actually speed the game up some. You are correct though, nothing compared to football.

+ Reply to Thread