+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tech Revenue

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Tech Revenue

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    As I understand it, the NCAA doesn't require schools to report capital expenditures or revenues, just operating expenditures and revenues. ASU's athletic department books will look different from what they report to the NCAA, which is done online in a dedicated system the NCAA has set up for just this purpose. In other words, the school's income statement - if they've raised capital for non-operating purposes - should differ from what's keyed into the system.

Can you imagine what Texas A&M's numbers would have looked like in 2014 and 2015 with the rebuild of Kyle Field if they had included those numbers.
    Exactly. That's exactly what I was saying.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

I suspect a high percentage of their athletic giving is done by non-alumni.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

As noted in the article, in the old days the state provided almost all of the funding for all of the state schools, LSU and Tech included. Probably all of the state schools have lower endowment than comparative schools in their respective conferences for that reason. Tech has had some endowment for a long time. I had a Tech Foundation Scholarship my freshman year (1965-66) equal to about 1/3 of the total cost of attendance. Mainly that was what the endowment was for with the state paying salaries and other operating/maintenance/capital expenses. The "registration fee" was only $50 per semester with a few other student fees added on which brought cost of registration to about $65 per semester. There was no tuition per se. Actually when I went to UH back in the early 80s tuition was only $4/hr which came to about the same amount.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by counselingdawg View Post
    I suspect a high percentage of their athletic giving is done by non-alumni.
    From the article:
    To be sure, the appeal of LSU sports extends far beyond the university's alumni. Rick Perry, president of the Tiger Athletic Foundation, said 40 percent of the group's donors did not attend LSU

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Rick Perry, president of the Tiger Athletic Foundation, said 40 percent of the group's donors did not attend LSU
    I think we all know some of those. Being a member of the kook kids klub is a big deal and money is no object.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    From the article:
    To be sure, the appeal of LSU sports extends far beyond the university's alumni. Rick Perry, president of the Tiger Athletic Foundation, said 40 percent of the group's donors did not attend LSU
    A former TAMU cheerleader in charge of TAF?

That has to ruffle some feathers.

Puppy Ferebee is an unknown

43 million is way more than I thought it would be.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ferebee View Post
    43 million is way more than I thought it would be.
    $43 million is way more than was allowed to be reported as operating revenue according to the reporting guidelines.

+ Reply to Thread