+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2/22 UALR @ 6pm (Rescheduled)

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: 2/22 UALR @ 6pm (Rescheduled)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Good win.

Now have we discussed that the sac bunt is the worst play in baseball?

Louisiana Tech 3rd - Skelton walked (3-1). Washam, Jor. walked (3-0); Skelton advanced to second. Ullrich grounded out to 1b unassisted, SAC, bunt (0-0); Washam, Jor. advanced to second; Skelton advanced to third. Lunceford struck out swinging (0-2). Diaz flied out to cf (1-1). 0 runs, 0 hits, 0 errors, 2 LOB.

Louisiana Tech 7th - Knight,C to c. Washam, Jon. walked (3-1). LeMoine,R to p for Townsend,C. Boggs reached on a throwing error by p, SAC, bunt (0-0); Washam, Jon. advanced to second. Skelton grounded out to p, SAC, bunt (1-0); Boggs advanced to second; Washam, Jon. advanced to third. Slayton,D to p for LeMoine,R. Washam, Jor. struck out looking (0-2). Ullrich grounded out to 2b (0-0). 0 runs, 0 hits, 1 error, 2 LOB.

3 sac bunts -> 4 runners LOB -> 0 runs

Those sac bunts may have lost us the game if not for Gladu's clutch 8th inning HR. We can't afford to give away outs like that.
    I know what advanced stats say about the sac bunt. Baseball is a game of failure. The majority of the time, the batter is going to get out. If I have a chance to get two runners in scoring position with Lunceford and Diaz coming up, then I'll take that every inning.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I know what advanced stats say about the sac bunt. Baseball is a game of failure. The majority of the time, the batter is going to get out. If I have a chance to get two runners in scoring position with Lunceford and Diaz coming up, then I'll take that every inning.
    Not when the guy on the mound hasn't thrown a strike that inning - and you are taking the bat out of the hands of talented hitter...

Now there is one thing to add about the 1-3 ground out in the 7th - in all likelihood a right handed pitched doesn't make that play on the sharp come backer and possibly two runs score - and it was later in the game so I'm not as opposed to advancing the runner via sacrifice as I was to the instance in the 3rd...

I just feel the 3rd inning was the wrong move given the situation and the pitcher not fully having command yet of all his pitches
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Did they throw their ace at us?????

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    Did they throw their ace at us?????
    No he was coming off an injury last year -

But he was good enough to warrant at least 6 scouts that I could count last nite - because when they pulled him they packed all their stuff up and left
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread