+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74

Thread: 2017-2018 Roster

  1. #46
    Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    17,111

  2. #47
    Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    17,111

    Re: 2017-2018 Roster


  3. #48
    2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    12,182

    Re: 2017-2018 Roster

    A big man who plays INSIDE- on both ends of the court! What a refreshing concept. Can't wait to see this guy in a Louisiana Tech uniform!

  4. #49
    Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    17,111

    Re: 2017-2018 Roster

    I know it's been speculated that Omar was moving on, but Isabella stated it as fact. Does anyone know how this effects our APR?

    Sean Isabella‏ @ST_IsabellaTNS 46m46 minutes agoMore



    #LATech announces signing of 6-10 JUCO center Kyle McKinley. He takes place of F Omar Sherman, who left program to pursue pro opportunities

  5. #50
    Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,893

    Re: 2017-2018 Roster

    This should be the final roster, at least as it pertains to scholarship players:
    Biggest changes are currently only one available for next year and 8 of 13 are underclassmen.

    1. Jacobi Boykins 6-6/170 Guard SR 3L St. Petersburg, FL Lakewood HS
    ************************************************** *****************
    2. Joniah White 7-0/200 Center RSJR 2L Duck Hill, MS Grenada HS
    3. Jy'lan Washington 6-8/185 Forward JR 2L Smyrna, TN Stewart's Creek HS
    4. Harrison Curry 6-7/230 Forward JR TR Ann Arbor, MI Pensacola State College
    5. Derric Jean 6-2/185 Guard JR 2L Miami, FL McArthur HS
    ************************************************** *****************
    6. Kyle McKinley 6-10/220 Center SO TR, Stillwater, MN Northeast CC (Nebraska)
    7. Oliver Powell 6-8/210 Forward SO 1L Garland, TX Rowlett HS
    8. Jalen Harris 6-5/185 Guard SO 1L Duncanville, TX Duncanville HS
    9. Daquan Bracey 5-11/172 Guard SO 1L Baltimore, MD St. Frances HS
    ************************************************** *****************
    10
    Jakolby Pemberton 6-6/180 Forward RSFR HS Dallas, TX Lancaster HS
    11 Anthony Duruji 6-8/190 Forward FR HS Potomac MD, St. Andrews Episcopal HS
    12 Exavian Christon 6-4/190 Guard FR HS Hot Springs, AR Hot Springs Senior HS
    13 Amorie Archibald 6-4/180 Guard FR HS Deltona, FL Trinity Christian Academy
    ************************************************** *****************
    14 Jeremiah Taylor 6-4/190 Guard SO 1L Lewisville, TX Lewisville HS

    Current Scholarships by Class:

    Senior 1
    Junior 4
    Sophomore 4
    Freshman 4

    By State:


    Texas 3
    Florida 3
    Maryland 2
    Arkansas 1
    Michigan 1
    Minnesota 1
    Mississippi 1
    Tennessee 1
    Last edited by skilldawg; 05-30-2017 at 10:20 AM.

  6. #51
    Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,893

    Re: 2017-2018 Roster

    http://verbalcommits.com/schools/louisiana-tech

    publicly available recruiting targets for next season

  7. #52
    Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    17,111

    Re: 2017-2018 Roster


  8. #53
    Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,893

    Re: 2017-2018 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post


    1. Jacobi Boykins 6-6/170 Guard SR 3L St. Petersburg, FL Lakewood HS
    ************************************************** *****************
    2. Joniah White 7-0/200 Center RSJR 2L Duck Hill, MS Grenada HS
    3. Jy'lan Washington 6-8/185 Forward JR 2L Smyrna, TN Stewart's Creek HS
    4. Harrison Curry 6-7/230 Forward JR TR Ann Arbor, MI Pensacola State College
    5. Derric Jean 6-2/185 Guard JR 2L Miami, FL McArthur HS
    ************************************************** *****************
    6. Kyle McKinley 6-10/220 Center SO TR, Stillwater, MN Northeast CC (Nebraska)
    7. Oliver Powell 6-8/210 Forward SO 1L Garland, TX Rowlett HS
    8. Jalen Harris 6-5/185 Guard SO 1L Duncanville, TX Duncanville HS
    9. Daquan Bracey 5-11/172 Guard SO 1L Baltimore, MD St. Frances HS
    ************************************************** *****************
    10
    Jakolby Pemberton 6-6/180 Forward RSFR HS Dallas, TX Lancaster HS
    11 Anthony Duruji 6-8/190 Forward FR HS Potomac MD, St. Andrews Episcopal HS
    12 Exavian Christon 6-4/190 Guard FR HS Hot Springs, AR Hot Springs Senior HS
    13 Amorie Archibald 6-4/180 Guard FR HS Deltona, FL Trinity Christian Academy
    ************************************************** *****************
    14 Jeremiah Taylor 6-4/190 Guard SO 1L Lewisville, TX Lewisville HS

    Current Scholarships by Class:

    Senior 1
    Junior 4
    Sophomore 4
    Freshman 4

    By State:


    Texas 3
    Florida 3
    Maryland 2
    Arkansas 1
    Michigan 1
    Minnesota 1
    Mississippi 1
    Tennessee 1
    .

  9. #54
    Varsity Bulldog dadawgula is just really nicedadawgula is just really nicedadawgula is just really nicedadawgula is just really nicedadawgula is just really nicedadawgula is just really nicedadawgula is just really nicedadawgula is just really nicedadawgula is just really nicedadawgula is just really nicedadawgula is just really nice
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    387

    Re: 2017-2018 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    .
    Any chance we recruit and sign a player from Louisiana in the next 5 years? There has got to be some good ones with grades.

  10. #55
    Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    6,124

    Re: 2017-2018 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by dadawgula View Post
    Any chance we recruit and sign a player from Louisiana in the next 5 years? There has got to be some good ones with grades.


    We're in a tough spot. A lot of the good players that we want to sign have their eyes elsewhere, while a lot of the players who want to come to Tech aren't quite good enough to play at this level.

    Just looking at the past three recruiting classes, here are Louisiana guys who we offered and where they signed:
    Class of 2015
    Brandon Sampson, 6-4, 180, SG, Madison Prep: Signed with LSU. The consensus top player in the state, he had offers from UCLA, Arizona, Louisville, Texas A&M, Mississippi State and many more. Became a full-time starter as a sophomore, when he averaged 11.6 points per game. Projected as the Tigers' best player this season.

    Jacob Evans, 6-5, 200, SG, St. Michael's: Signed with Cincy. Also had offers from us, Mississippi State, Auburn, South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Western Kentucky, UTEP, Tulsa and Houston. Was an immediate impact player, averaging 8.4 points and 4.1 boards per game as a freshman. Became one of the top all-around players in the conference as a sophomore, averaging 13.5 points, 4.2 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 1.3 steals per game.

    Melvin Frazier, 6-4, 185, SF, Higgins: Signed with Tulane. We offered, but so did LSU, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Memphis and others. Emerged as a full-time starter as a sophomore, averaging 11.5 points and 4.6 rebounds per game in 30 minutes per game. Led the American Athletic Conference with 1.9 steals per game.

    Von Julien, 6-0, 180, PG, Riverside: Signed with Tulane, transferred to Southeastern. Had offers from NSU, Youngstown State and Old Dominion. We didn't offer. Started 16 games as a freshman, averaging 3 points and 2 assists, but saw his playing time dip last season before transferring.

    Chad Lott, 6-3, 175, PG, Byrd: Signed with Rice. Transferred to Howard. Lott was a huge recruit, entering his junior year as the No. 1 player in the class. Had offers from Oklahoma, Arizona State, Baylor, Texas Tech, Creighton, LSU and many others, including Tech. Interest dipped before his senior season, and he ultimately signed with Rice. Battled injuries for two years in Houston, averaging 5.8 points in just under 20 minutes per game as a sophomore. Became one of six Rice transfers when coach Mike Rhoades left for VCU.

    Christion Thompson, 6-4, 200, SG, Madison Prep: Signed with Rhode Island. We offered, along with Mississippi State. Hasn't averaged more than 4 points per game in two seasons as a reserve. Saw his playing time decrease from 18 minutes per game as a freshman to 10 minutes per game last year.

    Jordan Andrews, 6-4, 165, SG, Riverside: Signed with Youngstown State, transferred to South Alabama. Had offers from ULM, Arkansas State, Southeastern, among others. We didn't offer out of high school. Averaged 7.8 ppg and was named to the Horizon League All-Freshman team while setting a school freshman record with 50 3-pointers. Sat out last season as a transfer.

    LaMarcus Lee, 6-2, 165, SG, Scotlandville: Signed with UT-Chatanooga. Was granted a release after Will Wade left for VCU. Went to Copiah-Lincoln Community College. Has offers from Southern, ULM, Tenn. Tech, Southern Utah and New Mexico State. We didn't offer out of high school or JUCO. Averaged 15.6 points per game last season as a redshirt freshman.

    Class of 2016
    DeJon Jarreau, 6-5, PG, McDonogh 35: Signed with UMass, transferred after one season, verbally committed to Houston. The top recruit in the state, Jarreau signed with his good buddy and high school/AAU teammate Brison Gresham. We were one of 30 offers, including such powerhouses as Florida, LSU and Oklahoma. Started all but 6 games and averaged 9.8 points and 4.5 assists per game last year.

    Robert Williams, 6-9, PF, North Caddo: Signed with Texas A&M. Averaged 12 points, 8 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game, and is a possible lottery pick after this season.

    Lamar Peters, 6-0, 165, PG, Landry-Walker: My pick as the top player in Louisiana in the 2016 class signed with Mississippi State. We didn't offer, and I have no clue why. Second on team in scoring (10.7 ppg) and assists (3.5 apg) while starting 17 games.

    Brison Gresham, 6-9, 210, PF, McDonogh 35: Signed with UMass, transferred after one year, committed to Houston. Came off the bench in 28 games to score 3.3 points with 3.2 rebounds per game. Like Jarreau, he had offers from many of the top programs in the country.

    Wayde Sims, 6-6, 210, PF, University Lab: Signed with LSU. He was always staying home in Baton Rouge as the son of LSU legend Wayne Sims. Averaged 6.5 points and 3.8 rebounds per game as a freshman.

    Malik Crowfield, 6-4, 175, SG, Riverside: Signed with VCU. LSU, Baylor and ULL all offered, but we didn't. Averaged 10 minutes per game off the bench on a deep team that had 10 players play in at least 33 games.

    Mike Layssard, 6-9, 270, PF, Northwood-Lena: Signed with Rhode Island. Big Mike had some big-time offers like Mississippi State, Wichita State, Oklahoma and Texas A&M. We offered, but he went way north to play for Danny Hurley. Played in just 8 games as a reserve last season.

    Adrio Bailey, 6-7, 215, SF, Lakeview: Signed with Arkansas. Had 16 offers and chose Arkansas over us, Texas Tech and Murray State. Played in 27 games, but averaged just 7.4 minutes per game.

    Herb McGee, 6-2, 175, PG, Riverside: Signed with South Alabama. Had offers from ULL, Tulane, Southeastern, Houston, UTEP and Richmond. We didn't offer. Averaged 3.6 points in 18.7 minutes off the bench.

    Jalen Johnson, 6-7, 190, SF, University Lab: Signed with St. Louis. Had offers from Southern Miss, UTEP, Tulane, FIU, Southeastern and Southern. We didn't offer. Averaged 7.5 points per game in 24 minutes as a part-time starter.

    Class of 2017

    Brandon Rachal, 6-5, SF, Natch. Central: Signed with LSU. Had 16 offers, including some top teams in the country. He's perhaps the top player in Louisiana in this class. We offered but didn't make his top 10.

    Josh Anderson, 6-5, SG, Madison Prep: Signed with Western Kentucky. We were his first offer, but he chose to head to Western Kentucky with Mitchell Robinson.

    Galen Alexander, 6-5, SF, Lafayette Christian: Signed with LSU. Again, we were his first offer. But he blew up the next summer with offers from Texas, A&M, Oklahoma, USC and many more.

    Cedric Russell, 6-3, SG, Peabody: Signed with ULL. Offers from LSU, Baylor, N.C. State, Louisiana Tech. Committed to LSU as a sophomore. His development and recruiting sagged. He liked Tech, but we took our final commitment a week before he was supposed to come on his official visit. ULL was his only committable offer at the end of the day.

    Joseph Thompson, 6-7, PF, Bonnabel: Signed with South Alabama. Offers from Richmond, Tulane, CSU-Bakersfield, Illinois-Chicago. We didn't offer.

    Larry Owens, 6-8, PF, Carroll: Signed with Northwestern State. We offered him the same weekend we offered all of the studs in Louisiana after their sophomore season. His only other offers were ULM and NSU. We backed off as he struggled academically. I heard he was headed to a JUCO, but he ultimately qualified late and signed with NSU.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

  11. #56
    Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    26,073

    Re: 2017-2018 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Chad Lott, 6-3, 175, PG, Byrd: Signed with Rice. Transferred to Howard. Lott was a huge recruit, entering his junior year as the No. 1 player in the class. Had offers from Oklahoma, Arizona State, Baylor, Texas Tech, Creighton, LSU and many others, including Tech. Interest dipped before his senior season, and he ultimately signed with Rice. Battled injuries for two years in Houston, averaging 5.8 points in just under 20 minutes per game as a sophomore. Became one of six Rice transfers when coach Mike Rhoades left for VCU.
    Chad Lott is the only one I'm familiar with. He never had a committable offer from LSU. LSU recruited him and strung him along throughout the process while Jones was going after much bigger fish. Lott was a fallback option for LSU, but Jones landed bigger fish to take all the scholarships. LSU is where Lott really wanted to go, but they didn't end up having a scholarship for him. That's why he waited so late in the process to commit, and pretty much all of his offers from other schools were no longer available to him come the late signing period because the others were full and he waited too long on LSU. At the time he signed with Rice, White was gone from Tech, and he had never met Konkol so he no longer had an offer from Tech on signing day.

    The lesson here is recruits shouldn't wait for their dream school to offer because it may never come. Offers disappear just as soon as they come as other kids commit and coaches change jobs so kids should commit to their favorite offer that's available to them at the time. And fans should not get upset when these kids decommit. It's in their best interest to commit to their favorite option at the time and shouldn't be a big deal if they like another school better down the road and decide to switch. Nobody wants to end up in a situation like Lott was. It's unfortunately a complicated process for these coaches and recruits to juggle. Baseball has to be the toughest.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 11-09-2017 at 01:26 AM.

  12. #57
    Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,543

    Re: 2017-2018 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post

    We're in a tough spot. A lot of the good players that we want to sign have their eyes elsewhere, while a lot of the players who want to come to Tech aren't quite good enough to play at this level.

    Just looking at the past three recruiting classes, here are Louisiana guys who we offered and where they signed:
    Class of 2015
    Brandon Sampson, 6-4, 180, SG, Madison Prep: Signed with LSU. The consensus top player in the state, he had offers from UCLA, Arizona, Louisville, Texas A&M, Mississippi State and many more. Became a full-time starter as a sophomore, when he averaged 11.6 points per game. Projected as the Tigers' best player this season.

    Jacob Evans, 6-5, 200, SG, St. Michael's: Signed with Cincy. Also had offers from us, Mississippi State, Auburn, South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Western Kentucky, UTEP, Tulsa and Houston. Was an immediate impact player, averaging 8.4 points and 4.1 boards per game as a freshman. Became one of the top all-around players in the conference as a sophomore, averaging 13.5 points, 4.2 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 1.3 steals per game.

    Melvin Frazier, 6-4, 185, SF, Higgins: Signed with Tulane. We offered, but so did LSU, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Memphis and others. Emerged as a full-time starter as a sophomore, averaging 11.5 points and 4.6 rebounds per game in 30 minutes per game. Led the American Athletic Conference with 1.9 steals per game.

    Von Julien, 6-0, 180, PG, Riverside: Signed with Tulane, transferred to Southeastern. Had offers from NSU, Youngstown State and Old Dominion. We didn't offer. Started 16 games as a freshman, averaging 3 points and 2 assists, but saw his playing time dip last season before transferring.

    Chad Lott, 6-3, 175, PG, Byrd: Signed with Rice. Transferred to Howard. Lott was a huge recruit, entering his junior year as the No. 1 player in the class. Had offers from Oklahoma, Arizona State, Baylor, Texas Tech, Creighton, LSU and many others, including Tech. Interest dipped before his senior season, and he ultimately signed with Rice. Battled injuries for two years in Houston, averaging 5.8 points in just under 20 minutes per game as a sophomore. Became one of six Rice transfers when coach Mike Rhoades left for VCU.

    Christion Thompson, 6-4, 200, SG, Madison Prep: Signed with Rhode Island. We offered, along with Mississippi State. Hasn't averaged more than 4 points per game in two seasons as a reserve. Saw his playing time decrease from 18 minutes per game as a freshman to 10 minutes per game last year.

    Jordan Andrews, 6-4, 165, SG, Riverside: Signed with Youngstown State, transferred to South Alabama. Had offers from ULM, Arkansas State, Southeastern, among others. We didn't offer out of high school. Averaged 7.8 ppg and was named to the Horizon League All-Freshman team while setting a school freshman record with 50 3-pointers. Sat out last season as a transfer.

    LaMarcus Lee, 6-2, 165, SG, Scotlandville: Signed with UT-Chatanooga. Was granted a release after Will Wade left for VCU. Went to Copiah-Lincoln Community College. Has offers from Southern, ULM, Tenn. Tech, Southern Utah and New Mexico State. We didn't offer out of high school or JUCO. Averaged 15.6 points per game last season as a redshirt freshman.

    Class of 2016
    DeJon Jarreau, 6-5, PG, McDonogh 35: Signed with UMass, transferred after one season, verbally committed to Houston. The top recruit in the state, Jarreau signed with his good buddy and high school/AAU teammate Brison Gresham. We were one of 30 offers, including such powerhouses as Florida, LSU and Oklahoma. Started all but 6 games and averaged 9.8 points and 4.5 assists per game last year.

    Robert Williams, 6-9, PF, North Caddo: Signed with Texas A&M. Averaged 12 points, 8 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game, and is a possible lottery pick after this season.

    Lamar Peters, 6-0, 165, PG, Landry-Walker: My pick as the top player in Louisiana in the 2016 class signed with Mississippi State. We didn't offer, and I have no clue why. Second on team in scoring (10.7 ppg) and assists (3.5 apg) while starting 17 games.

    Brison Gresham, 6-9, 210, PF, McDonogh 35: Signed with UMass, transferred after one year, committed to Houston. Came off the bench in 28 games to score 3.3 points with 3.2 rebounds per game. Like Jarreau, he had offers from many of the top programs in the country.

    Wayde Sims, 6-6, 210, PF, University Lab: Signed with LSU. He was always staying home in Baton Rouge as the son of LSU legend Wayne Sims. Averaged 6.5 points and 3.8 rebounds per game as a freshman.

    Malik Crowfield, 6-4, 175, SG, Riverside: Signed with VCU. LSU, Baylor and ULL all offered, but we didn't. Averaged 10 minutes per game off the bench on a deep team that had 10 players play in at least 33 games.

    Mike Layssard, 6-9, 270, PF, Northwood-Lena: Signed with Rhode Island. Big Mike had some big-time offers like Mississippi State, Wichita State, Oklahoma and Texas A&M. We offered, but he went way north to play for Danny Hurley. Played in just 8 games as a reserve last season.

    Adrio Bailey, 6-7, 215, SF, Lakeview: Signed with Arkansas. Had 16 offers and chose Arkansas over us, Texas Tech and Murray State. Played in 27 games, but averaged just 7.4 minutes per game.

    Herb McGee, 6-2, 175, PG, Riverside: Signed with South Alabama. Had offers from ULL, Tulane, Southeastern, Houston, UTEP and Richmond. We didn't offer. Averaged 3.6 points in 18.7 minutes off the bench.

    Jalen Johnson, 6-7, 190, SF, University Lab: Signed with St. Louis. Had offers from Southern Miss, UTEP, Tulane, FIU, Southeastern and Southern. We didn't offer. Averaged 7.5 points per game in 24 minutes as a part-time starter.

    Class of 2017

    Brandon Rachal, 6-5, SF, Natch. Central: Signed with LSU. Had 16 offers, including some top teams in the country. He's perhaps the top player in Louisiana in this class. We offered but didn't make his top 10.

    Josh Anderson, 6-5, SG, Madison Prep: Signed with Western Kentucky. We were his first offer, but he chose to head to Western Kentucky with Mitchell Robinson.

    Galen Alexander, 6-5, SF, Lafayette Christian: Signed with LSU. Again, we were his first offer. But he blew up the next summer with offers from Texas, A&M, Oklahoma, USC and many more.

    Cedric Russell, 6-3, SG, Peabody: Signed with ULL. Offers from LSU, Baylor, N.C. State, Louisiana Tech. Committed to LSU as a sophomore. His development and recruiting sagged. He liked Tech, but we took our final commitment a week before he was supposed to come on his official visit. ULL was his only committable offer at the end of the day.

    Joseph Thompson, 6-7, PF, Bonnabel: Signed with South Alabama. Offers from Richmond, Tulane, CSU-Bakersfield, Illinois-Chicago. We didn't offer.

    Larry Owens, 6-8, PF, Carroll: Signed with Northwestern State. We offered him the same weekend we offered all of the studs in Louisiana after their sophomore season. His only other offers were ULM and NSU. We backed off as he struggled academically. I heard he was headed to a JUCO, but he ultimately qualified late and signed with NSU.
    Damn good stuff (as usual) from Bret.

    Louisiana isnít where a school like us can get good basketball plauers.

  13. #58
    2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    N. Louisiana
    Posts
    6,573

    Re: 2017-2018 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post

    Louisiana isn’t where a school like us can get good basketball plauers.
    Millsap and Malone puts the lie to that
    We are the 32-Crew.

    baw011, Beauxier Dawg, BRdawg81, Champ967, ChipDog, Cool Hand Clyde, Dawgmatic, Dawgpix, dawg78, dawgs1, DellDawg, DFM, DogtorEvil, DQDawg, glm47, Guisslapp, HogDawg, JAB, kw2292, maddawg, marketdawg, mildawg, nadB, qng001, rangerdawg, RhinoDawg (Chugalug Champion), shreveportdawg, Slackdog, SteveyTI, stuee, Vdog, Wassaki20.

  14. #59
    Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    6,124

    Re: 2017-2018 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Millsap and Malone puts the lie to that
    It takes a special situation for us to land a player from Louisiana who can play at a high level at Tech.

    Millsap's uncle was an assistant at Tech. Gerrod Henderson was able to come as an academic non-qualifier. I don't remember what brought Tiger Meeking from Farmerville to Ruston. But the overwhelming majority of players from Louisiana, especially north Louisiana, who would be great players at Tech typically have some top choices. The other good players from north Louisiana typically aren't quite good enough to play above the Southland Conference level.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

  15. #60
    Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    26,073

    Re: 2017-2018 Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    It takes a special situation for us to land a player from Louisiana who can play at a high level at Tech.

    Millsap's uncle was an assistant at Tech. Gerrod Henderson was able to come as an academic non-qualifier. I don't remember what brought Tiger Meeking from Farmerville to Ruston. But the overwhelming majority of players from Louisiana, especially north Louisiana, who would be great players at Tech typically have some top choices. The other good players from north Louisiana typically aren't quite good enough to play above the Southland Conference level.
    Wasn't Tiger's HS coach one of the Simmons brothers? Or did he come after Tiger already graduated?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts