+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No Beat Writer for LaTech

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: No Beat Writer for LaTech

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I want Ferrell (and Lang) and the News-Star editor types (who confirmed all this to me) to understand this: We as fans and subscribers like to read about Louisiana Tech.

We also feel as subscribers we should not have to share a beat writer's weekly 40 hours with another university. Just like their Gannett LSU beat. Just like their Gannett uslull beat. Just like their Gannett nlulm beat.

(For what it's worth, why not a GSU beat writer and a NSU beat writer?)

If you list the computer hits and the number of Gannett PAID subscribers I venture to say those who support Tech outnumber all the others besides elessewe, uslull (located in the same town as a Gannett newspaper) and nlulm (located in same town as a Gannett newspaper).

So . . . if you want to build your subscriber base, hire the extra beat writers and watch the numbers grow.

And . . . quit teasing your customers because an administrator might have been out of line. He/she doesn't buy my subscription.

PS--If you are not a current online or dead-tree edition Gannett subscriber, please don't respond to my post. Unless you have skin in the game, you don't have skin in the game.

Preach! I couldn't have said it any better. (And I have online subscriptions to both The Times and TNS.)

Louisiana Tech should not have to share a beat writer with Grambling. Period.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

PS--If you are not a current online or dead-tree edition Gannett subscriber, please don't respond to my post. Unless you have skin in the game, you don't have skin in the game.
    Because you put "skin in the game" you are helping them survive to publish more LSU crap. As long as you put your "skin in the game" they will continue to ignore Tech. You can write them letters and emails out the kazoo but until their paid subscriptions really fall off they will continue just like now. So your only emails/letters should be with your cancellation notice.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

JMO, but I don't think TNS or Times care what subscribers think. They are liberal dumb asses who do the opposite of what makes business sense.

The only thing that gets their attention is taking away something they've been getting for free. LaTech has leverage.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

My online subscription to the News Star only cost 4.99/year.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Because you put "skin in the game" you are helping them survive to publish more LSU crap. As long as you put your "skin in the game" they will continue to ignore Tech. You can write them letters and emails out the kazoo but until their paid subscriptions really fall off they will continue just like now. So your only emails/letters should be with your cancellation notice.
    Oh.
    Wow.
    I didn't know all that.
    Carry on.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Really, mine is $10 per month (only do it because of the tech football coverage). Can you share your subscription info please?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Oh.
    Wow.
    I didn't know all that.
    Carry on.
    BBB enlightening the unenlightened. Gotta love it!!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Crap, that is way cheaper than I am paying. I think after an introductory period, I am paying $10 per month. Time to look into this.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Really, mine is $10 per month (only do it because of the tech football coverage). Can you share your subscription info please?
    Mine with the Times is $10 a year. The News Star is currently advertising $19.99 per year when you go to their front page.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Thank you for subscribing.
    You’re now connected to the Twin Cities.
    Dear William White,
    We’re excited to connect you to the stories you care about. And with our in-depth tablet and mobile apps, daily e-Newspaper, and full access to thenewsstar.com, you’ll enjoy all of the latest local news when and where you want it. Start enjoying them today.
    Your digital only subscription begins on 01/01/2017. We charged to your account a payment of $4.99 for the first year of your subscription. Annual payments are not refundable.
    If you have any questions, please call 1-877-424-0036
    After your promotional period ends, your subscription will continue on the payment method you have selected at the then regular annual price, unless The The News-Star is otherwise notified. You authorize the The News-Star to charge your account annually, on or about your anniversary date, unless the The News-Star is otherwise notified. TheThe News-Star will be referenced on your credit card or bank statement for any payments made toward your subscription. As a subscriber you will have Full Access to our content through monroe-custserv@monroe.gannett.com, e-Newspaper, tablet and smartphone devices. Applicable taxes may not be included in the rate. If at any time you decide to cancel your subscription, you may contact customer service at 1-800-468-0233. Digital only subscriptions do not include advertisements that are designated for home delivery with the print edition.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Dear William White,
    We’re excited to connect you to the stories you care about. And with our in-depth tablet and mobile apps, daily e-Newspaper, and full access to thenewsstar.com, you’ll enjoy all of the latest local news when and where you want it. Start enjoying them today.
    Your digital only subscription begins on 01/01/2017. We charged to your account a payment of $4.99 for the first year of your subscription. Annual payments are not refundable.

If you have any questions, please call 1-877-424-0036
    After your promotional period ends, your subscription will continue on the payment method you have selected at the then regular annual price, unless The The News-Star is otherwise notified. You authorize the The News-Star to charge your account annually, on or about your anniversary date, unless the The News-Star is otherwise notified. TheThe News-Star will be referenced on your credit card or bank statement for any payments made toward your subscription. As a subscriber you will have Full Access to our content through monroe-custserv@monroe.gannett.com, e-Newspaper, tablet and smartphone devices. Applicable taxes may not be included in the rate. If at any time you decide to cancel your subscription, you may contact customer service at 1-800-468-0233. Digital only subscriptions do not include advertisements that are designated for home delivery with the print edition.

I hate when they do this!!! You are not told, up front what you will be paying ... after your "special introductory price." Apparently, right now that would be $10/year(edited).

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    I hate when they do this!!! You are not told, up front what you will be paying ... after your "special introductory price." Apparently, right now that would be $10/month.
    Can't trust a liberal in a business deal. They have a different definition of honesty.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Pardon, that might be $10/year.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Honestly, between Academy in West Monroe to the local Newspapers. Tech's biggest problem is the area its located in. We are competing for scraps with ULM, Grambling, AND Northwestern State. I have never seen so much hate for an institution as in the community of North Louisiana.

If Tech was located anywhere else we would be much bigger news and being promoted regularly by a dedicated beat writer. When I lived in Lafayette they had ULL gear in every shop all over town. We are reduced to begging for the table scraps.

That is insane for a Tier 1 institution that has a world class engineering program.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Gannett sent their MTSU beat writer to Birmingham a couple days ago. We can't even get Gannett to send our part-team beat writer to half of our home games.

+ Reply to Thread