+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB, USM Set for Friday Showdown

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. @LATechWBB, USM Set for Friday Showdown

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech and Southern Miss will meet Friday night at 6 p.m. at Reed Green Coliseum in an important Conference USA match-up in the final regular season game of the year for both teams.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB, USM Set for Friday Showdown

HUGE showdown to end the regular season! GO TECHSTERS!!!!!!!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the only game we should be discussing right now.

Keys will be to stop Dinkins (especially her tres)
    Rebounding - the defensive rebounds will not be under the goal, as they like shooting from the outside and this hurt us against Rice).
    Keep the turnovers down (they are great at creating them)
    And shoot our regular percentage (at least 44%)

We pound the middle and guard the outside for their shooters. We have done it once, but we are both better teams now.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    This is the only game we should be discussing right now.

Keys will be to stop Dinkins (especially her tres)
    Rebounding - the defensive rebounds will not be under the goal, as they like shooting from the outside and this hurt us against Rice).
    Keep the turnovers down (they are great at creating them)
    And shoot our regular percentage (at least 44%)

We pound the middle and guard the outside for their shooters. We have done it once, but we are both better teams now.
    did we destroy them the first game in Ruston?

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    did we destroy them the first game in Ruston?
    Double digits, but they are similar to us in their win streak. They have one 6 in a row, I believe. They have improved a lot and this is their senior day. Tied for 3rd and we could go down as far as 6th, if we lose (depending on how ODU does in their last 2 games).

ODU hosts UTEP tonight and UTSA on Saturday. Would love for them to lose one of those. If they win both and we lose tomorrow, they will jump us for 4th place. If we win, we wrap up the 3 spot.

In my opinion, ODU is the best team in the conference right now on a neutral floor. I think they would beat WKU and Middle Tenn. on their home court or neutral. We need them to finish outside of the top 4, so they have to play an extra game.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    ODU hosts UTEP tonight and UTSA on Saturday. Would love for them to lose one of those. If they win both and we lose tomorrow, they will jump us for 4th place. If we win, we wrap up the 3 spot.

In my opinion, ODU is the best team in the conference right now on a neutral floor. I think they would beat WKU and Middle Tenn. on their home court or neutral. We need them to finish outside of the top 4, so they have to play an extra game.
    I don't know about that. ODU is good but I still think the cream is WKU and MTSU. Regardless, we know we'll have to beat a couple of quality teams to dance. Can't worry about who that happens to be.

First things first.... BEAT THE LADY MUSTARD BUZZARDS!!!

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

This year team seems to have more energy to go the extra mileages in the last phase of the games compared to the last 4-5 years teams.
    I haven't been able to watch any of the game but have been listening the last 4-5 games.
    Do we have better talent this year?
    or Does our HC do a better job at motivating our players down in the stretch?

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

This year team seems to have more energy to go the extra mileages in the last phase of the games compared to the last 4-5 years teams.
    I haven't been able to watch any of the game but have been listening the last 4-5 games.
    Do we have better talent this year?
    or Does our HC do a better job at motivating our players down in the stretch?
    Brook has been able to keep the team focused and energized for games!
    A road WIN tonight would
    be AWESOME!
    GET IT DONE TECHSTERS!
    HUGE GAME Tonight!!!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Does our HC do a better job at motivating our players down in the stretch?
    I feel like theres an inappropriate pun here re: Wonder Boy but I can't quite find it.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I don't know about that. ODU is good but I still think the cream is WKU and MTSU. Regardless, we know we'll have to beat a couple of quality teams to dance. Can't worry about who that happens to be.

First things first.... BEAT THE LADY MUSTARD BUZZARDS!!!
    I thought that until I really watched ODU play. WKU and MTSU are good and will beat ODU on their courts (as proven), but ODU is looking very good on a neutral court. You are right, though, we have to beat the team that is next up - regardless...

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

About 1 hour untill, what could be one of the most important game of the season to date!
    Go Techsters!

Different starting line up..
    Lang, Anthoney, Vasquez, Santos, and Malone..
    LeBlanc had some discipline issue!

GameTime!
    Santos jumping Center for the game in place of LeBlanc...
    Controlled by USM, offensive rebound by USM...
    they get lay up.. 2-0
    Techsters ball, Malone gets bucket.. 2-2
    USM ball, Santos with rebound, USM with rebound...
    offensive rebound and put back! 4-2
    Techsters ball, rebound USM, shot clock violation!!!
    Techsters ball, Vasquez going to line...
    6:42 left in 1st Qtr..
    Makes 1st, hits 2nd.. 4-4
    USM ball, stolen by Malone, and gets bucket and going to line!
    misses the plus 1..
    USM ball, gets bucket, tied at 6..
    Techsters ball, steal by USM and they get lay up!
    8-6 Techsters trailing..
    Vasquez gets bucket.. tied at 8..
    USM ball, offensive rebound, Malone with rebound,
    Anthoney going to line for 2.. 4:55 tied at 8

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

are you able to see it or just hear it I have sound but no video
    but then again i have no video for the baseball either

+ Reply to Thread