+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Camp for the Bulldogs...

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: Spring Camp for the Bulldogs...

If the SID is looking to diminish any excitement about the 2017 Bulldogs season, they have for me!
    Maybe it's because we don't have that local Beet writer!

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    If the SID is looking to diminish any excitement about the 2017 Bulldogs season, they have for me!
    Maybe it's because we don't have that local Beet writer!
    Maybe we can get Scott Hocker to give us a Shout-Out ??

http://www.scotthocker.com/blog/2015...y-roast-a-beet

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

A beet writer would be more than we have now!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Here's a link to my photo gallery of today's scrimmage at The Joe. Enjoy:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.617784958417865.1073742003.343630632499967& type=1&l=b2b2df6a70

The most recent roster is in the spring prospectus:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...prospectus.pdf

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

The vocal leaders at this point are Cooper on defense and Veal on offense. Veal sorta reminds me of Patton in the ways he likes to chirp and pep up his teammates.

Veal is the most reliable receiver hands down. I expect him to get the majority of catches this season. I thought Woodard looked explosive at WR. Number 38 looked like the fastest WR to me (I'm not sure who he is). Watts is a decisive mis-match against most corners (b/t his height and his smooth long stride).

Roberson is the best cover corner. He's instinctive and athletic. I think Kitchen is the second best. LaDante Davenport made the biggest surprise impact on defense. He's disruptive from the interior and runs sideline to sideline.

J'Mar is one of the better runners on the team. He is fast, elusive and powerful. He will hurt teams with his legs next year. He is also shrewd. The db's couldn't guess where he was throwing. He's a stud qb imo.

Punting was more powerful.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    The vocal leaders at this point are Cooper on defense and Veal on offense. Veal sorta reminds me of Patton in the ways he likes to chirp and pep up his teammates.

Veal is the most reliable receiver hands down. I expect him to get the majority of catches this season. I thought Woodard looked explosive at WR. Number 38 looked like the fastest WR to me (I'm not sure who he is). Watts is a decisive mis-match against most corners (b/t his height and his smooth long stride).

Roberson is the best cover corner. He's instinctive and athletic. I think Kitchen is the second best. LaDante Davenport made the biggest surprise impact on defense. He's disruptive from the interior and runs sideline to sideline.

J'Mar is one of the better runners on the team. He is fast, elusive and powerful. He will hurt teams with his legs next year. He is also shrewd. The db's couldn't guess where he was throwing. He's a stud qb imo.

I was thinking 38 was Hardy, the kid from OK, but I'm not positive about that.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Veal was Tulane's leading receiver before transferring to Tech, so yes, he will be a/the "go to guy".

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I was thinking 38 was Hardy, the kid from OK, but I'm not positive about that.
    Whoever he is, he is an absolute burner! Looked like the fastest guy on the field to me.

Tarzan has gotten better at running routes. Farris is a torpedo. I didn't notice any of the other LB's being as quick and aggressive to the ball. There remains a problem at the "2nd level" because nobody besides Farris seemed to play with the same level of passion and intensity at LB.

I think our DL and DB's will be better overall but we need another LB to emerge.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Awesome report BoxerDog!
    Keep it coming!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Here's a link to my photo gallery of today's scrimmage at The Joe. Enjoy:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.617784958417865.1073742003.343630632499967& type=1&l=b2b2df6a70

The most recent roster is in the spring prospectus:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...prospectus.pdf

Attachment 13946
    Great pics T-Mo. Looks like the team had perfect weather that day. Holtz looks like he's lost some weight and trimmed down.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Not to be a negative nancy here, but is that because he's good, or because the DBs are bad? That's the eternal question during spring ball I suppose, but after last year, it's a question that needs to be asked.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    Not to be a negative nancy here, but is that because he's good, or because the DBs are bad? That's the eternal question during spring ball I suppose, but after last year, it's a question that needs to be asked.
    It doesn't matter how good they are. Haven't you heard it's our DC's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    He's good. I was watching to see if he tipped his hand before he threw, and I couldn't pick up on it. He also checks secondary routes to see who's open before he commits. I'm sure he has a hunch on where he might throw it, but I didn't see him give it away.

Veal is his safety blanket. He's going to be the one who slides in Taylor's slot in terms of productivity I think.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

I don't think Tech fans are aware of what a weapon Veal is. He already has 88 career catches for 1,000+ yards as an FBS receiver. Barring injury he will be very good this season.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09r8DBr9Iqk

+ Reply to Thread