+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Spring Camp for the Bulldogs...

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Spring Camp for the Bulldogs...

I think we will be better on offense in terms of having the ability to control games. Veal is Quinton Patton. He's a possession receiver with big play potential. We won't rely on the big plays because they can grind if they want to. J'Mar can pick up 5 yards running whenever he wants to. He's cat quick and bull strong. He also spins the ball effortlessly. Big time arm talent. I think Woodard might surpass Bonnette in terms of being a big play threat. There are several guys who can really run and catch (Watts, Hardy, Bonnette, Woodard, Veal, Smith, #38, Gaines) along with rugged guys like McKnight and Woodall and Cousar. The running backs are also receiving threats but I don't see us relying on them in the passing game. The OL is huge (I don't mean fat), they look like Arkansas Razorback OL out there.

The defense is chippy and aggressive. Very athletic on the line. The safeties will drop a hammer and the starting corners are sticky (Roberson and Kitchen). I love Farris at LB and I imagine Hogan will be serviceable. But I'm most worried about that position overall. I wouldn't mind if they brought in another 5th year guy like Harris from Iowa State. I thought he was really good.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they brought in another 5th year guy like Harris from Iowa State. I thought he was really good.
    It would be even better if he could finish the year.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It would be even better if he could finish the year.
    Yeah, that hurt us and it hurt him. Did he make all conference?

I see now he was our only player on the 2nd team all CUSA team. Woods and Ferguson was were first team selections.
    Last edited by boxerdog; 04-02-2017 at 08:13 PM.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I think we will be better on offense in terms of having the ability to control games. Veal is Quinton Patton. He's a possession receiver with big play potential. We won't rely on the big plays because they can grind if they want to. J'Mar can pick up 5 yards running whenever he wants to. He's cat quick and bull strong. He also spins the ball effortlessly. Big time arm talent. I think Woodard might surpass Bonnette in terms of being a big play threat. There are several guys who can really run and catch (Watts, Hardy, Bonnette, Woodard, Veal, Smith, #38, Gaines) along with rugged guys like McKnight and Woodall and Cousar. The running backs are also receiving threats but I don't see us relying on them in the passing game. The OL is huge (I don't mean fat), they look like Arkansas Razorback OL out there.

The defense is chippy and aggressive. Very athletic on the line. The safeties will drop a hammer and the starting corners are sticky (Roberson and Kitchen). I love Farris at LB and I imagine Hogan will be serviceable. But I'm most worried about that position overall. I wouldn't mind if they brought in another 5th year guy like Harris from Iowa State. I thought he was really good.
    Sounds like we'll have a really good team as long as we can get the linebackers set right.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Veal was Tulane's leading receiver before transferring to Tech, so yes, he will be a/the "go to guy".
    Gotta make some "Try the Veal" signs.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Gotta make some "Try the Veal" signs.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Anyone know how Willie baker is doing in camp?
    I had thought he would be a beast oppisit Fergason on the DL!

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Anyone know how Willie baker is doing in camp?
    I had thought he would be a beast oppisit Fergason on the DL!
    If he isnt doing well it would be only because he is nicked up. Your right in having high expectations for him. Canty and Turner are good also. Kenzor, nicked up. We're set at END, we have six.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    If he isnt doing well it would be only because he is nicked up. Your right in having high expectations for him. Canty and Turner are good also. Kenzor, nicked up. We're set at END, we have six.
    Has Mason progressed and ready to contribute at DT? I wonder how effective Turner would be at DT? If Wallace is out next season, I think I'd give Turner a look there. We have the depth and experience at DE we are missing at DT. I don't think we can afford to play the run as poorly as we did last year again. Of course I could say the same about our pass defense!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    6? If we have that many --and they are truly that good-- can any of them be moved to LB where we appear to have a shortage?

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

I want to see our Australian punter!!! did you no that at 1 point last year the #1-2-3 statistical NCAA punter were from same academy he went to (prokick--)-

yeah, like everyone else I am focused on defense, qb, wrs etc but I still want to see if he is 85-90% as good as our Superbowl ring punter. He really did impact many a game for us ....

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    I want to see our Australian punter!!! did you no that at 1 point last year the #1-2-3 statistical NCAA punter were from same academy he went to (prokick--)-

yeah, like everyone else I am focused on defense, qb, wrs etc but I still want to see if he is 85-90% as good as our Superbowl ring punter. He really did impact many a game for us ....
    We all want to see him.

As I wrote earlier, he just met for the first time an American football and helmet and pads less than six months ago.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    We all want to see him.
    I don't want to see him very often.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I don't want to see him very often.

+ Reply to Thread