+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Conference USA Tournament Thread

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Re: Conference USA Tournament Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DFWDawg View Post
    Wow, that UAB Charlotte game has been an amazing finish. 6 secs to go UAB up 1 74-73. Charlotte gets to take the last shot.

--UAB wins 74-73. Tough fought game though.
    Replay (assistant coach leaving the bench is at the 1 hour 35 minute mark):

https://campusinsiders.com/live/c-us...rlotte-vs-uab/

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by svb002 View Post
    Apparently, CUSA is so desperate to boost ticket numbers that they want me to buy a ticket for my 8 month old. I couldn't believe it when the Tech ticket office told me (they couldn't either, tbh), but we agreed to see if they were joking. Nope.
    Should have told them you were cheering for UAB

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Should have told them you were cheering for UAB
    I'm sure you would have gotten 3 free tickets then

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Yep, and a parking pass too.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bleudog View Post
    Replay (assistant coach leaving the bench is at the 1 hour 35 minute mark):

https://campusinsiders.com/live/c-us...rlotte-vs-uab/
    Our guys need to keep their cool tomorrow. Its probably the main variable.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Well here comes the game we've talked about for a year it seems, our inevitable matchup against UAB in the CUAB tournament. We need to go out and leave no doubt.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

They own us until proven otherwise.

Puppy bskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of light

I just read that teams will reseed after the quarterfinals. This wasn't the case last year. I'm guessing it's in response to WK upsetting #1 UAB in the QF last year. Does anyone know if other conferences do this? It would be more fair to reseed after the first round, but I know where C-USA stands with fair. I believe the NHL and NBA reseed after each playoff round, but not sure about college basketball. The NFL also reseeds.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bskelley15 View Post
    I just read that teams will reseed after the quarterfinals. This wasn't the case last year. I'm guessing it's in response to WK upsetting #1 UAB in the QF last year. Does anyone know if other conferences do this? It would be more fair to reseed after the first round, but I know where C-USA stands with fair. I believe the NHL and NBA reseed after each playoff round, but not sure about college basketball. The NFL also reseeds.
    Thats not happening not sure what you mean.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

A parody account has arrived on Twitter:

C-USA Refs
    ‏ @cusarefs
    48m48 minutes agoMore

MTSU, La Tech, UTEP, and ODU.. I hope you enjoyed that first round bye and y'all sleep well tonight. cause we are coming for you tomorrow..

C-USA Refs‏ @cusarefs 21m21 minutes agoMore

La Tech fans.. We just got word about your new sponsor! (Video showing Tampax) Congrats!

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

It's been around for a little bit but they got extra feisty today haha. A little bit of prodding from some Tech fans after UAB won might have helped that though.

Puppy bskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Thats not happening not sure what you mean.
    I hope you're right. Naturally, I can't remember which site I read it on and can't find it anymore. I found a USA Today article that agrees with you, so that's probably a good enough source.

Reseeding is a way of helping out the title game in the event of upsets. It's basically to make sure two good teams meet in the finals, and not have a 1 vs. 7 or 2 vs. 9 matchup, for example. It's not foolproof, obviously, but can be very effective. The NFL, NHL, and NBA have done it for years.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

My picks for today:
    MTSU
    UTEP
    Tech
    ODU in a upset

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DFWDawg View Post
    Wow, that UAB Charlotte game has been an amazing finish. 6 secs to go UAB up 1 74-73. Charlotte gets to take the last shot.

--UAB wins 74-73. Tough fought game though.
    Well, there goes our chances.

Varsity Bulldog golfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the rough

does anyone know if xfinity in Monroe carries ASN and, if so, what channel?

+ Reply to Thread