+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatcha think Pawdawg: ACA replacement

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Whatcha think Pawdawg: ACA replacement

Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Whatcha think Pawdawg: ACA replacement

Garbage

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Can you have pre-existing condition coverage without an individual mandate?

It was tenuous with the mandate...downright impossible without it IMO.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Can you have pre-existing condition coverage without an individual mandate?

It was tenuous with the mandate...downright impossible without it IMO.
    If they want the price of insurance to go down they will find a way to provide for pre-ex outside of the new plan.

If they want to create another government program that does not involve using the law of large numbers then we might as well keep Obamacare.

Anybody who says the pre-ex clause is a good thing is buying in to the BS and loves big government.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I want pre-ex for ALL my insurance. That way I won't have to carry all this expensive coverage on my house, cars, and rental properties. If a house burns down I can just buy insurance then, and they'll have to pay to rebuild it. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I want pre-ex for ALL my insurance. That way I won't have to carry all this expensive coverage on my house, cars, and rental properties. If a house burns down I can just buy insurance then, and they'll have to pay to rebuild it. I love it!
    Exactly.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Isn't that what FEMA is?
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Garbage
    Thank you! The republicans have had 4-6 years to come up with a plan, and this is what they give us, basically Obamacare by another name.

I'm curious what you thought of Rand Paul's plan. It's been awhile since I read it but I remember thinking at the time that it seemed like the best proposal IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Thank you! The republicans have had 4-6 years to come up with a plan, and this is what they give us, basically Obamacare by another name.

I'm curious what you thought of Rand Paul's plan. It's been awhile since I read it but I remember thinking at the time that it seemed like the best proposal IMO.
    It's simple and we need simple. If the politicians are dead set on providing coverage to the sick they need to set up a separate system for the sick that does not punish the healthy. Allow the market to work using the law of large numbers among those who want to purchase true health insurance.

They've given big pharma a license to steal while discouraging medical professionals to expand. This was the plan all along with the corrupt in Washington and on Wall Street reaping the benefits.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Politicians are not listening to the people who know how to fix it. With 100% certainty, "that I can tell you."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I know that healthcare insurance....the whole thing....is complicated. But, we need to include a few simple concepts into the plan. Such as tort reform, being able to buy HCI across state lines, and a true cafeteria option where consumers can tailor their own coverage. AND! no free rides for anyone! None. Zilch. Nada! Everyone needs to pay some kind of premium and some kind of co-payment and/or deductible.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

If they want the price of insurance to go down they will find a way to provide for pre-ex outside of the new plan.

If they want to create another government program that does not involve using the law of large numbers then we might as well keep Obamacare.

Anybody who says the pre-ex clause is a good thing is buying in to the BS and loves big government.
    Or has a pre-existing condition. Or knows someone whose life has been destroyed by a pre-existing condition. A child who is diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 8 should not have his or her life ruined by not being able to get insurance.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    A child who is diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 8 should not have his or her life ruined by not being able to get insurance.
    - Why was the child not insured at the time he was diagnosed?

- If it was because his parents were poor the child qualifies for LaChip. In Louisiana families of 4 can make over $5k/mo and still qualify. Most states have similar programs.

Are you also in favor of being able to purchase auto or fire insurance after the accident/fire?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

- Why was the child not insured at the time he was diagnosed?

- If it was because his parents were poor the child qualifies for LaChip. In Louisiana families of 4 can make over $5k/mo and still qualify. Most states have similar programs.

Are you also in favor of being able to purchase auto or fire insurance after the accident/fire?
    THis whole issue is pretty much a self-inflicted wound brought about by do-gooders and over regulation.

First of all, the only rule should be that insurance companies cannot drop you if you get sick. The fact that they keep changing the rules means that the initial sign up should not consider pre-existing conditions, because whatever policy you have now is likely not going to be portable into the new environment. The citizens should nto suffer because of the stupidity of our elected officials.

Second, you should be able to buy and carry your insurance across state lines, which is the only way #1 will work. If you move, or if your insurance company stops carrying policies in your state, you suddenly have a pre-existing condition for buying new insurance.

I lost my retiree medical when the ACA was passed, because my company jumped on the train that allowed them to jettison any costs related to retirees because "the landscape for health insurance had changed". So, no matter what, I will be screwed because of Obamacare (and because the repubs decided to fund it while pretending to be against it by repeatedly passing repeal legislation that they KNEW would be vetoed by the president). In the three years, I have had three different health policies because the ones I purchase keep going away! Each time they cost more, the deductibles go up, and they cover less.

I agree everyone should put something into the system, and you should not be able to "game" the system anymore than you can game the system with an employer. There, you have one chance to buy your benefit plans, and unless you have a major change of life incident (not that you got sick, but that you had a child or something like that) you had to deal with your decision for at least that year.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but I imagine that the pre-existing condition coverage isn't going anywhere. Like most entitlements, once it was passed, it will be politically impossible to get rid of it. So, what do we do with it?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread