+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Whatcha think Pawdawg: ACA replacement

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Whatcha think Pawdawg: ACA replacement

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Ask away. I can tell you all you need to know.
    Has access to health insurance for all or almost all resulted in people having more access to health care? How many people would not buy health insurance if it wasn't mandated? Don't people who go without health insurance still go to the ER to gain access to services? Are more people being provided health care now than before?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Has access to health insurance for all or almost all resulted in people having more access to health care? How many people would not buy health insurance if it wasn't mandated? Don't people who go without health insurance still go to the ER to gain access to services? Are more people being provided health care now than before?
    People have less access to health care than they did before Obama.

I'm not sure many of those mandated are actually buying. In most cases they save THOUSANDS by not buying and just paying the fine. I'm 57 and would not buy that crap unless I was sick.

Yes, they can still go to the ER or a Charity Hospital just like the could before Obamacare.

No, more people are not being provided health care than before Obamacare. Most all with pre-ex are now covered, but certainly fewer people now have coverage than before Obamacare.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    People have less access to health care than they did before Obama.

I'm not sure many of those mandated are actually buying. In most cases they save THOUSANDS by not buying and just paying the fine. I'm 57 and would not buy that crap unless I was sick.

Yes, they can still go to the ER or a Charity Hospital just like the could before Obamacare.

No, more people are not being provided health care than before Obamacare. Most all with pre-ex are now covered, but certainly fewer people now have coverage than before Obamacare.
    Source?

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publ...th-care-access

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    My source is knowing how to interpret what's written in this link.

The increase in coverage is in "The Marketplace". "The Marketplace" is now a combination of all plans that included catastrophic coverage (Hospital Only), non grandfathered plans (Any plan written after March 23, 2010), and Medicaid Expansion recipients (only in states accepting Medicaid Expansion). All of these had insurance and/or health coverage before Obamacare. Now they don't. They were forced to enroll in a government program and pay a tax to participate. These (along with the AIDS patients and other pre-ex cases) are all considered as "the increase in The Marketplace" because the Marketplace is the only place a person can receive coverage outside of employee group plans.

+ Reply to Thread