+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dixon suspended

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Dixon suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    His Twitter name is _BONEHEAD_tez_ so I guess one could say he made a bonehead move.
    He blocked me from following him Twitter in 2013 after I suggested he discontinue using racial slurs and other offensive language on social media.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

You mean the ugliest and most sensitive word in the English language that gets thrown around daily by those who are offended by it?

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    You mean the ugliest and most sensitive word in the English language that gets thrown around daily by those who are offended by it?
    A word that originally only meant lazy?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Yes, that word. I suggested that, as a representative of his university, it was unwise to employ it so frequently on Twitter.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Yes, that word. I suggested that, as a representative of his university, it was unwise to employ it so frequently on Twitter.
    So, is it safe to assume Dixon didn't take advantage of his free education?

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    A word that originally only meant lazy?
    first of all this may be worst hijacking of all time-- talking about Dixon and switching to N word BUT since we are her-- their is actually a Baltimore connection coming-- the word actually was a COMPLIMENT it meant frugal, careful with money -even the word "mean" referred to watching your money carefully . So the CEO of Baltimore years ago was quoted as saying he would be "niggardly" with city assets--OMG , press and nation wanted him fired til they saw him on TV explaining the word -- it did not hurt that he is black and the storm calmed down. So how this fits the thread I have no idea--- do not get me started on the Farmers Almanac from 100 yrs ago explaining when the best time to til the land and plant the seeds -- see if you can figure out what word meant "planting the seed" for decades in the Farmers Almanac ... clue--starts with letter between e and g . just weird how words can get you in trouble when perfectly ok in the past....

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

quick "funny" story--Dr Sachs had a discussion about censorship and in those days many books would have ..... in place of "bad" word. He asked opinion--most folks back then said they preferred --- for word. Truly, I said I preferred the real word in there because I would go through many words to see the one that fit ... even today when papers and videos bleep the speaker I try to figure out what fits .

Good Grief-- how did this thread get to this?

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

The word we used to demean them, they took as their own as a term of endearment and we don't like how they use it. Makes sense to me!!!

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't what comes out of the mouth (or goes in it for that matter). What really counts is what is in the heart ... but you already knew that.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    The word we used to demean them, they took as their own as a term of endearment and we don't like how they use it. Makes sense to me!!!
    I constantly tell my students that they cannot use the word and be offended when someone else uses it. You have to pick one or the other. I fall on the side of getting rid of the word altogether. Some of my students want to use it, and while I object to it, that's their prerogative (though, they will get in trouble for using it in my classroom). They just can't get their panties in a wad when someone else uses it.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold

Matthew 12:33-37. NASB

Words Reveal Character
    33 “Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit. 34 You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak [ad]what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart. 35 The good man brings out of his good treasure [ae]what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure [af]what is evil. 36 But I tell you that every [ag]careless word that people [ah]speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. 37 For [ai]by your words you will be justified, and [aj]by your words you will be condemned.”

I wish I remembered these verses each time I spoke.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Wow one one page I was reading about Kenneth Dixon being suspended for taking drugs. Then seemingly on the next page being lectured by a professor and others of the etymology of a particular word that decorum disallows me to mention. Albeit, I have a perfect explanation as to what actually occurred. I recently had an accident which left me with a broken ankle. My lovely physician was kind enough to send me home with a prescription for lortab; which she warned could cause a side effect of unclear thinking. This is probably what is happening here.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Mend well Tom.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Today the NFL added another two games to his suspension. This time for substance abuse. Hope he gets his personal business together as he rehabs his knee.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Does this mean that he will have to miss games next year? I really don't know. I mean, what's does a suspension matter if you're out all year with an injury?
    Have you considered those Dogs?

+ Reply to Thread