+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Advances to C-USA Semifinals

Puppy Ilovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her game

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Advances to C-USA Semifinals

That was a really ugly loss!!!!! LaTech got outplayed and out coached! ������

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovebball View Post
    and they are thinking WNIT, but MBB have 23 wins and have to pay to play get post season????

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    and they are thinking WNIT, but MBB have 23 wins and have to pay to play get post season????
    WNIT has 64 teams. NIT only has 32.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovebball View Post
    I figured we would lose the game but expected a better performance than the one we got today!!
    I don't know if WKU just took them out of the game plan or were causing all the turn overs or not but definatly wasn't what I had hoped to have listened to here this afternoon!
    The good thing is that WKU will not be nearly as productive next year!

Puppy Ilovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her game

WKU exposed LaTech's weaknesses, which is they play no strong guards consistently except Anthony. Our bread and butter is the inside game, which was nonexistent tonight. In order for a team to be successful, they need to have an inside and outside game on both offense AND defense.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

WKU just had more talent, but we fought this year and I am SO proud of this Lady Techster team! Brooke's postgame:

https://www.facebook.com/LATechWBB/v...8396281095083/

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping, but not sure of a WNIT bid..... Brooke talked like it was a good possibility, but I am not so sure....

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Any post season action would be a step back up for us. Three CUSA teams is a real possibility to hope for. If not, we should take a pay to play option if available: ought to be able to host those too.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

That was disappointing. I expected better.

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Any post season action would be a step back up for us. Three CUSA teams is a real possibility to hope for. If not, we should take a pay to play option if available: ought to be able to host those too.
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    That was disappointing. I expected better.
    WKU is loaded. I think we went further than anyone expected this year. While I am disappointed, I am very eager to see what next year produces. Did you see the number of seniors on the top 5 teams compared to us? WKU will be good, but not this good next year.

That Southern Miss loss at the end of the regular season does not look so much like a fluke now. USM vs. WKU in the finals today. I don't care who wins really. I guess I am sort of for WKU, because I think that will put two CUSA teams in the NCAA's and leave a little room for a possible WNIT bid for us. We know MTSU will get a WNIT bid, so I think it is pushing it for USM, MTSU, and Tech to all get WNIT bids, if WKU goes to the NCAA. If Southern Miss and WKU get in the NCAA, they could pick us and, possibly, MTSU for the WNIT. I am hoping, anyway. No assurance of that at all........

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    WKU is loaded. I think we went further than anyone expected this year. While I am disappointed, I am very eager to see what next year produces. Did you see the number of seniors on the top 5 teams compared to us? WKU will be good, but not this good next year.
    I'm not discounting the quality of WKU. They are good, yes. But, I was focused on us. There are certain things any team, the players, can do which is independent of the opposition. For instance, we could put together a team and play FIVE Michael Jordan clones. Yeah, they will beat the tar out of us, but just because the opposition is awesome doesn't mean we should miss FTs or have about dozen passes go right thru our hands, or miss at least FIVE uncontested lay-ups*.

*that's what happened yesterday. I counted FIVE missed lay-ups (and I might have missed a few) in the 2nd half alone we missed where the WKU defender backed off to avoid giving up a 3-point play possibility. And, WE MISSED the frickin' lay-up anyway!!!

That's what is disappointing. Not that we lost a game to a good WKU team, but that we absolutely looked lost and afraid. That should have been a single-digit game, contested to the final minutes. It wasn't. Our players looked like they had never played basketball before. WKU's fat girls (and they are fat) played with the stuff between their ears and dominated the game.

The redeeming factor is our youth. We played several freshmen and sophs and I suppose their youth showed. I also know the quality of Coach Brooke. She will not tolerate such mental lapses.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I'm not discounting the quality of WKU. They are good, yes. But, I was focused on us. There are certain things any team, the players, can do which is independent of the opposition. For instance, we could put together a team and play FIVE Michael Jordan clones. Yeah, they will beat the tar out of us, but just because the opposition is awesome doesn't mean we should miss FTs or have about dozen passes go right thru our hands, or miss at least FIVE uncontested lay-ups*.

*that's what happened yesterday. I counted FIVE missed lay-ups (and I might have missed a few) in the 2nd half alone we missed where the WKU defender backed off to avoid giving up a 3-point play possibility. And, WE MISSED the frickin' lay-up anyway!!!

That's what is disappointing. Not that we lost a game to a good WKU team, but that we absolutely looked lost and afraid. That should have been a single-digit game, contested to the final minutes. It wasn't. Our players looked like they had never played basketball before. WKU's fat girls (and they are fat) played with the stuff between their ears and dominated the game.

The redeeming factor is our youth. We played several freshmen and sophs and I suppose their youth showed. I also know the quality of Coach Brooke. She will not tolerate such mental lapses.
    I do agree with that.......

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

We looked like a "young" team. Was hoping for a little more out of a couple of players, but, they did have their plate full. 80's post above pretty much says it all.

+ Reply to Thread