+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Russia

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    How in the crap does that make it ok in your book?
    First of all I don’t like it and I didn’t support Obama. I have a well documented history of that on this forum.

Second, there is a big difference in that people consented to sharing their friends info to the Obama campaign. They probably shouldn’t have, but they did.

The allegations here is that CA misappropriated FB info that users consented to be allowed to be used for “academic purposes” but it was converted to use for political purposes without consent.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    First of all I don’t like it and I didn’t support Obama. I have a well documented history of that on this forum.

Second, there is a big difference in that people consented to sharing their friends info to the Obama campaign. They probably shouldn’t have, but they did.

The allegations here is that CA misappropriated FB info that users consented to be allowed to be used for “academic purposes” but it was converted to use for political purposes without consent.
    I don't care about your voting for/not for Obama, your NeverTrump hatred is what I've called you out many times in the past on this forum.

So millions of profiles gathered without consent is ok since someone not the owner of the profiles gave them permission? But NotTrump did it, so it is ok. My point is the information is explicitly gained by non-kosher measures, yet you give a pass to one and not the other.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Such a conflict of info in that paragraph and your past posts Guisslapp. Did you also know that this is how Obama got millions and millions of his Tribe and others personal cell phone numbers for his 2012 election? And what their likes and dislike were for obvious reasons. Likewise it was weaponized for the IRS and other matters of spying on conservatives. And yes you liked Obama and loved Hillary.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    I don't care about your voting for/not for Obama, your NeverTrump hatred is what I've called you out many times in the past on this forum.

So millions of profiles gathered without consent is ok since someone not the owner of the profiles gave them permission? But NotTrump did it, so it is ok. My point is the information is explicitly gained by non-kosher measures, yet you give a pass to one and not the other.
    Obama’s supporters consented to share information that the supporters had on their friends to the Obama campaign. It as if the people that signed up with the campaign gave the campaign the info that they had access to on their friends. They didn’t give the campaign info that they couldn’t get and they consented to it, even though most probably didn’t realize what they were consenting to.

It isn’t cool, but it isn’t a breach of an agreement like what is alleged to have happened with CA.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Obama’s supporters consented to share information that the supporters had on their friends to the Obama campaign. It as if the people that signed up with the campaign gave the campaign the info that they had access to on their friends. They didn’t give the campaign info that they couldn’t get and they consented to it, even though most probably didn’t realize what they were consenting to.

It isn’t cool, but it isn’t a breach of an agreement like what is alleged to have happened with CA.
    And you actually believe what you just typed so lawyeresque?

McCain - “an American president does not lead the free world by congratulating dictators on winning sham elections."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

McCain - “an American president does not lead the free world by congratulating dictators on winning sham elections."
    What does the coward McCain know about leading? He's never done anything to show leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    What does the coward McCain know about leading? He's never done anything to show leadership.
    Have your really sold your soul for the sake of your tribe winning? Republicans used to care about taking the high road and leading from a position of ethics and principle. Now the only principle seems to be - do whatever it takes to maintain the tribe’s control of power.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

On the surface I think it was the wrong move for Trump to congratulate Putin. The only thing Trump should have said, as POTUS, is, well, looks like I will have to continue to deal with a Putin-led Russia. It doesn't help matters to insult the people of Russia, and to make a big deal of that election, sham or not. It wouldn't change the outcome.

Beneath the surface I see Trump the businessman, the great negotiator, just playing the game. In business, the only thing that matters is getting the result you want. I personally have sat across the desk from someone who had his office decked out in Lspoo crapola, and I pretended to be a pooster fan, just because it was easier to get to where I wanted the meeting to go. I have also been in business meetings with obvious fans of other schools I could care less about. For instance, Oregon State. Was in a meeting in Dallas and the one guy I needed to win over was an OSU Beaver grad/fan. I Googled OSU's recent results and the guy was impressed I could speak intelligently about his favorite team.

Anyway, maybe, as a businessman, Trump is just playing the game. It won't change the election outcome to criticize it as a sham, and it certainly won't win Putin over, at least to a point he might be willing to negotiate in good faith.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

When Obama did it....it was dumb. Trump did it...equally dumb. Heck, Obama even congratulated the Iranian president and sucked up to Raul Castro.

When Obama called Iran, he probably kept having to repeat himself because the guy at the other end of the phone couldn't hear him over the chants of "DEATH TO AMERICA"

So, I agree with McCain here, but can't stand him.

Oh, and I am not sold on Trump meeting with the North Korean dictator, either. Seems like he is elevating the psychotic jerk by doing so.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    So, I agree with McCain here, but can't stand him.
    Why is that? Cause he'll break with the tribe or because you think he only breaks with the tribe to grandstand (I THINK that's PD's position, but I'm not sure)?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

McCain is a swamper. Period. Don't need another reason to dislike him.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Why is that? Cause he'll break with the tribe or because you think he only breaks with the tribe to grandstand (I THINK that's PD's position, but I'm not sure)?
    I am not against him breaking with the tribe at all. Mostly, I believe he breaks with the tribe on principle, and I have no issue with that at all.

My problem is that he gets most animated ONLY when he breaks with his party or party leaders, and in doing so makes himself a useful tool for the left (who despised him during the presidential election against Obama).

He just loves to make the NBC/CNN/NBC/etc. news shows (grandstanding) when he can show how he is is all mavericky and agrees with the dems, thinking they have nothing but love and respect for him.

I would be fine with him if he had the same amount of energy and face time for issues where he disagreed with the opposition. Thus, he represents me poorly, because his grandstanding is all related to the image he wants to project.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    I am not against him breaking with the tribe at all. Mostly, I believe he breaks with the tribe on principle, and I have no issue with that at all.

My problem is that he gets most animated ONLY when he breaks with his party or party leaders, and in doing so makes himself a useful tool for the left (who despised him during the presidential election against Obama).

He just loves to make the NBC/CNN/NBC/etc. news shows (grandstanding) when he can show how he is is all mavericky and agrees with the dems, thinking they have nothing but love and respect for him.

I would be fine with him if he had the same amount of energy and face time for issues where he disagreed with the opposition. Thus, he represents me poorly, because his grandstanding is all related to the image he wants to project.
    Fair enough...of course, his job isn't to represent you. It seems to me that we ALWAYS get more attention when we break with what we are expected to do. I agree, McCain seems to enjoy it, but I can't fault him for getting the face time.

That strategy essentially won the white house for President Trump.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

McCain is a lying, fake, POS. He has never been consistent on anything.

+ Reply to Thread