View Poll Results: Should Tech accept a pay-for-play CBIT bid?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 30.56%
  • No

43 59.72%
  • Don't care

7 9.72%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Should Tech accept pay-for-play tourney bid?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Should Tech accept pay-for-play tourney bid?

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Then he's a chicken smit.
    We should at least make him tell us no.
    Good old Memorial Gym

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    I think I remember Texas Tech played us in the TAC a few years back ?? Halftime show was the Tyler Texas Rangerettes ??
    Kilgore Rangerettes, o.c.

Figured that would wake up tylertechsas.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Right.

That's why he scheduled down to Gonzaga, Miami, Duke and Fla State OOC this year.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Right.

That's why he scheduled down to Gonzaga, Miami, Duke and Fla State OOC this year.
    Don't they play FSU every year

I think so.

We could use a quality rivalry ooc, now that you mention it.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

I think so.

We could use a quality rivalry ooc, now that you mention it.
    Dunking Dawgs vs Dunk City? Keep playing them and it's just waiting to have some kind of semi-clever name applied to it.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Our RPI is #116, and we had zero RPI Top 100 wins. Only 3 wins vs. RPI 101-200 and 20 wins vs. RPI 201+ Our resume is empty. => We have 0% chance at the NIT.
    Speaking of the NIT, I remembered feeling like they had a real problem with over-seeding based on big name bias when we were in it a few years back, but haven't really paid much attention most years. With 2 local schools (one of which employs me) doing well in the NIT this season I've actually looked at a bracket this year and without going back to check RPI or SOS it sure looks like they really over-seeded based on names. All 4 #1 seeds got knocked out early. 3/4 were "major conference" schools.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Speaking of the NIT, I remembered feeling like they had a real problem with over-seeding based on big name bias when we were in it a few years back, but haven't really paid much attention most years. With 2 local schools (one of which employs me) doing well in the NIT this season I've actually looked at a bracket this year and without going back to check RPI or SOS it sure looks like they really over-seeded based on names. All 4 #1 seeds got knocked out early. 3/4 were "major conference" schools.
    Same as always...

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I have not seen or read one word about the CBI or CIT since the brackets were announced. Actually, have not seen too much on the NIT, either, because I have been paying attention to the WBC and the NCAAs.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Well I know the 1-seeds in the NIT are automatically the "first four out" of the NCAA tournament. After that it's up to the committee and we all know they love their name brands.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    Well I know the 1-seeds in the NIT are automatically the "first four out" of the NCAA tournament. After that it's up to the committee and we all know they love their name brands.

I don't think this is the case. The procedure for selection and for seeding is linked here.

It sure seems anecdotally that there is a big school bias (and the way they play on home courts of higher seeds through the first 3 rounds gives them clear motivation). If you aren't a smaller profile school who is a clear miss from the Big Dance, you've got to expect being seeded low (to be fair, several of the teams still alive as lower seeds are also from "power" conferences).

Upsets are going to happen in a one-and-done tournament of course, but to lose all your #1s so quickly (especially when they had home court advantage) doesn't say much for their seeding process.

+ Reply to Thread