+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting Class of 2018

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Recruiting Class of 2018

This kid signed with Nevada - Would have been nice to have him next year

https://twitter.com/Athletepedia/status/947835826754355200

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    Maybe someone warned them about your player evaluation skills.
    LOL!, but it's THEIR player evaluation skills --not mine-- that Tech fans and supporters should be worried about. Especially after that punting performance against FAU.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to all

Hogdawg---posts 245 and 251 are exactly on target and correct! No disrespect boxer dog---and you are the ultimate supporter and we need more like you(and I have no answers nor a clue why those recruits you mentioned were eventually signed or walked on...curious situation)--but I have witnessed what HD refers to and seen this firsthand with my own kin, and one other gentleman, both of whom just might be HOF's from Tech..I would not expect every Joe Doe to be RESPONDED to(we all know they are quite busy), and we all think we've discovered the next Heisman Trophy winner, but there is a decency and professional scale(or should be) for long time financial supporters and attendance supporters that should be honored and answered,albeit even briefly, and this standard seems to have been removed....as a business person, although I might not have wanted to, I can assure you that if someone emailed or called me I almost without fail returned some kind of answer, whether they liked it or agreed with it..that's just the right thing to do, period. This subject does in fact make my blood boil, so I will stop....and before anybody jumps on my case, possibly walking a mile in their shoes would soften that stance I have, so I think I get it...not trying to be all self righteous or judgmental in any fashion, but his statements are enlightening...

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg74 View Post
    Hogdawg---posts 245 and 251 are exactly on target and correct! No disrespect boxer dog---and you are the ultimate supporter and we need more like you(and I have no answers nor a clue why those recruits you mentioned were eventually signed or walked on...curious situation)--but I have witnessed what HD refers to and seen this firsthand with my own kin, and one other gentleman, both of whom just might be HOF's from Tech..I would not expect every Joe Doe to be RESPONDED to(we all know they are quite busy), and we all think we've discovered the next Heisman Trophy winner, but there is a decency and professional scale(or should be) for long time financial supporters and attendance supporters that should be honored and answered,albeit even briefly, and this standard seems to have been removed....as a business person, although I might not have wanted to, I can assure you that if someone emailed or called me I almost without fail returned some kind of answer, whether they liked it or agreed with it..that's just the right thing to do, period. This subject does in fact make my blood boil, so I will stop....and before anybody jumps on my case, possibly walking a mile in their shoes would soften that stance I have, so I think I get it...not trying to be all self righteous or judgmental in any fashion, but his statements are enlightening...
    I understand your point. I also remember that Hogdawg was early Hunter Lee. Hunter Lee is one of my favorites. The guys I recommended were being recruited by several other schools and received scholarships. I also have seen some kids whose high school coaches insisted were good enough to play at LaTech and I just flat out disagreed. Usually when you get to the last few scholarships there are dozens of comparable athletes each of whom would be recommended by those close to them. Some kids need to walk on if they want a chance to play at Tech. There have been many, many walk-ons who have earned scholarships and eventually started here. All that said, I think somebody from Tech should at least respond to most recommendations so I agree with you there.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    There have been many, many walk-ons who have earned scholarships and eventually started here.
    not many under Holtz

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    not many under Holtz
    Blankenship and maybe Lewis (?) were starters who walked on along with, of course, Boston Scott.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Blankenship and maybe Lewis (?) were starters who walked on along with, of course, Boston Scott.
    3 in five years is not many. Who are Blankenship and Lewis?

I know of several who walked on, served their time, but never saw the field. Those had great GPAs for the team, but never had a chance to play. They were too "slow".

IMO, he didn't really WANT to play Scott. He was forced into it.

I'm not talking about 5 years, I'm taking off the top of my head about this year alone.

Seemed like Washington (LB) was another with significant playing time who might have walked on.

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    3 in five years is not many. Who are Blankenship and Lewis?

I know of several who walked on, served their time, but never saw the field. Those had great GPAs for the team, but never had a chance to play. They were too "slow".

IMO, he didn't really WANT to play Scott. He was forced into it.
    I heard this from a former "beloved" player, whose name is mentioned in this thread. Skip didn't really appreciate Boston and Boston was open about being the best and it pissed Skip off.

TB

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I was just looking at walkons that made a contribution to the team this year:

Boston Scott- RB-1040 yards rushing
    Marcus Gaines-WR
    DeJuawn Oliver-WR
    Daevon Washington-LB
    Daryl Lewis-safety-4 interceptions, 2 returned for TDs
    Ezekiel Barnett-DB and special teams
    Elliott Blankenship- safety
    Cameron Linck-DS
    Matthew Ydarraga-DE
    Will Parker-holder for extra points and FGs

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I was just looking at walkons that made a contribution to the team this year:

Boston Scott- RB-1040 yards rushing
    Marcus Gaines-WR
    DeJuawn Oliver-WR
    Daevon Washington-LB
    Daryl Lewis-safety-4 interceptions, 2 returned for TDs
    Ezekiel Barnett-DB and special teams
    Elliott Blankenship- safety
    Cameron Linck-DS
    Matthew Ydarraga-DE
    Will Parker-holder for extra points and FGs
    but PD says Holtz doesn't play walk ons? I'm so confused

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    but PD says Holtz doesn't play walk ons? I'm so confused

Some of those either didn't play or barely played. There are many more who lacked "speed". We really gonna count Linck as a Holtz find?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

"DonW: Water is wet.
    PD: Water may be wet but Skip Holtz and Kurt Hester suck."

Boxer said "many" guys had walked on and became starters under Holtz.

I said not many.

I did not say they didn't play.

Scott was not a starter for most of this year. That makes my point about Holtz NOT wanting to start walk ons.

+ Reply to Thread