+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting Class of 2018

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Re: Recruiting Class of 2018

Someone DEFINITELY needs to talk with Conner Lee about playing for LA. Tech!!!!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Someone DEFINITELY needs to talk with Conner Lee about playing for LA. Tech!!!!!
    I stay in touch with the Lee family. LA Tech knows all about Connor Lee. Unfortunately, Tech does not seem very interested. Of course, this is the same LA Tech coaching staff that badly under-used Hunter Lee as a junior and senior. Methinks it may be something mental with Skip Holtz since Connor's brother Hunter was a "Sonny Dykes" recruit.

The only knock I can find on Connor Lee is the fact that he's only 5'11, 210. Granted, he's a little small for the LB position, but as many others have alluded to, smaller LB's are in vogue nowadays due to the need for them to cover RB's and WR's in these wide open passing offenses.

Connor is indeed a tackling machine. A very good athlete. He was just named back-to-back District 5-6A Defensive MVP. He would be a GREAT addition to our football program. He's a smart kid too, now with a Tech legacy. It never hurts to have a few smart kids too.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Do whatever you can, HD... this kid would be a great addition to our Dawgs!!!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I stay in touch with the Lee family. LA Tech knows all about Connor Lee. Unfortunately, Tech does not seem very interested. Of course, this is the same LA Tech coaching staff that badly under-used Hunter Lee as a junior and senior. Methinks it may be something mental with Skip Holtz since Connor's brother Hunter was a "Sonny Dykes" recruit.

The only knock I can find on Connor Lee is the fact that he's only 5'11, 210. Granted, he's a little small for the LB position, but as many others have alluded to, smaller LB's are in vogue nowadays due to the need for them to cover RB's and WR's in these wide open passing offenses.

Connor is indeed a tackling machine. A very good athlete. He was just named back-to-back District 5-6A Defensive MVP. He would be a GREAT addition to our football program. He's a smart kid too, now with a Tech legacy. It never hurts to have a few smart kids too.
    Was Connor with Hunter at the Frisco game? If so, saying he is 5'11" and 210 lbs. may be a stretch. But, he is clearly a gamer.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Do whatever you can, HD... this kid would be a great addition to our Dawgs!!!
    Unfortunately, this current football coaching staff is very "distant" and "insulated" from most of the Tech fan base. I don't think most LA Tech fans feel a lot of closeness to this coach or his staff, so there's little to no room for influence. Holtz seems to like it that way, so his success in Ruston will likely depend solely upon his wins and losses. It's the complete opposite of former head football coach JRP's "community friendly" style of coaching, or even Sonny Dykes' community involvement style for that matter.

Here's an example: Remember when Sonny Dykes' wife Kate used to host the "Pigskins and Pigtails" luncheons for LA Tech's wives and ladies? Well, that's not what we get with Skip Holtz & company. It's just different. It is what it is. I guess Skip Holtz wasn't around when the "open door" policy was invented.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Was Connor with Hunter at the Frisco game? If so, saying he is 5'11" and 210 lbs. may be a stretch. But, he is clearly a gamer.
    Yep. They all attended.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

The current staff will listen once they determine the one offering a recommendation isn't biased and is a credible evaluator of talent. I know they will at least take a look.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    The current staff will listen once they determine the one offering a recommendation isn't biased and is a credible evaluator of talent. I know they will at least take a look.
    Not true at all. You're just talking out of your aazzz.

While you're at it, please give us some more examples of Holtz's involvement with the community and its fans.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

While you're at it, please give us some more examples of Holtz's involvement with the community and its fans.
    He tells the community how frustrated he is in interviews

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

They signed a couple of guys I recommended. I'm not saying they signed them BECAUSE I recommended we recruit them but it did happen. I don't know anything about Holtz's community involvement though.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    They signed a couple of guys I recommended. I'm not saying they signed them BECAUSE I recommended we recruit them but it did happen. I don't know anything about Holtz's community involvement though.
    I'm glad you had a good experience with this staff. Just so I'm clear, I'm not suggesting that Skip Holtz's style doesn't work for him, because it apparently does, or at least he thinks so. I'm simply answering a previous posters question about doing what we can to help Tech sign certain recruits. I just haven't found this LA Tech coaching staff to be interested in anyone's input.

My first and only attempt to help this staff came in Oct 2015. I sent a nice e-mail to 4 members of the LA Tech coaching staff (plus 1 LTAC courtesy copy) asking them to consider looking at a punter from Dallas Lake Highlands (same high school as Matt Dunnigan). The player was a family friend, and had won several "punting camps", including one at LSU. I included a player highlight video, the players bio and 3 coaching references in the e-mail. I asked the Tech staff to consider looking at him as a walk-on punter for Tech. Because the player's father was originally from Spring Hill (and played at NLU), the kid knew all about LA Tech and wanted to walk-on at LA Tech.

No one from LA Tech ever responded to me or the players' parents (who were also copied). Days later I re-sent the e-mail just to be sure, and still received no response. The Tech staff never even gave the kid a courtesy look, or me a courtesy response. The kid is now the back-up punter for Oklahoma and just attended the Rose Bowl as a dressed out player. And after what I saw from OU's starting punter in the Rose Bowl, the kid probably has a chance to be the starting punter next year. I guess it worked out for him.

So, now imagine how frustrating it is to sit in JAS and watch LA Tech punter Brady Farlow average 18.7 yards per punt on 3 attempts against FAU. Farlow's three punt attempts against FAU were for 37 yds, 12 yds and 7 yards. It's not a stretch to say many high school punters in north Louisiana could have done much better. For the record, Farlow averaged 37 yds per punt in 2017, 2 yards less than my own high school punter averaged decades ago.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=400938656

If I didn't love LA Tech so much, this would have been a really funny outcome. Because all I can do is laugh. Considering how the LA Tech coaches ignored good info about a good punter prospect that they could have had for FREE, the ignorance is inexplicable.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe someone warned them about your player evaluation skills.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

I bet they get hundreds of cards and letters a day about potential recruits and some even over the phone.

Seriously, I do think if the info comes from an alumni they should at least respond.

"Every momma crow thinks her baby is the blackest"

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad you had a good experience with this staff. Just so I'm clear, I'm not suggesting that Skip Holtz's style doesn't work for him, because it apparently does, or at least he thinks so. I'm simply answering a previous posters question about doing what we can to help Tech sign certain recruits. I just haven't found this LA Tech coaching staff to be interested in anyone's input.

My first and only attempt to help this staff came in Oct 2015. I sent a nice e-mail to 4 members of the LA Tech coaching staff (plus 1 LTAC courtesy copy) asking them to consider looking at a punter from Dallas Lake Highlands (same high school as Matt Dunnigan). The player was a family friend, and had won several "punting camps", including one at LSU. I included a player highlight video, the players bio and 3 coaching references in the e-mail. I asked the Tech staff to consider looking at him as a walk-on punter for Tech. Because the player's father was originally from Spring Hill (and played at NLU), the kid knew all about LA Tech and wanted to walk-on at LA Tech.

No one from LA Tech ever responded to me or the players' parents (who were also copied). Days later I re-sent the e-mail just to be sure, and still received no response. The Tech staff never even gave the kid a courtesy look, or me a courtesy response. The kid is now the back-up punter for Oklahoma and just attended the Rose Bowl as a dressed out player. And after what I saw from OU's starting punter in the Rose Bowl, the kid probably has a chance to be the starting punter next year. I guess it worked out for him.

So, now imagine how frustrating it is to sit in JAS and watch LA Tech punter Brady Farlow average 18.7 yards per punt on 3 attempts against FAU. Farlow's three punt attempts against FAU were for 37 yds, 12 yds and 7 yards. It's not a stretch to say many high school punters in north Louisiana could have done much better. For the record, Farlow averaged 37 yds per punt in 2017, 2 yards less than my own high school punter averaged decades ago.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=400938656

If I didn't love LA Tech so much, this would have been a really funny outcome. Because all I can do is laugh. Considering how the LA Tech coaches ignored good info about a good punter prospect that they could have had for FREE, the ignorance is inexplicable.
    Lake Highland is my hood, HogDawg, you should have looped me in. Lake Highlands is also the high school of Matt Stover (LaTech/NFL) and Phil Dawson (Texas/NFL). All I can say is I hope you kept that email and next year when your guy starts for Oklahoma, you can resend as a remainder.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We always seem to have an extra scholarship for an extra punter who is not very good or an extra kicker who is not very good.

+ Reply to Thread