+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting Class of 2018

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: Recruiting Class of 2018

The football coaches are barking again on Twitter today, so that means we picked up another FB commitment after the win over UTSA. We should know who it is within the next few days.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    The football coaches are barking again on Twitter today, so that means we picked up another FB commitment after the win over UTSA. We should know who it is within the next few days.
    Excellent!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Maybe Maguire Parker? He was there last night I know.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Maybe Maguire Parker? He was there last night I know.
    A Trent Taylor clone (good hands and awareness) without his top speed?

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    And the exodus has began! Players, fans, commits, sponsors, am I missing anyone?
    . We call those fair weather folks. They especially like to post negative crud --- Tech is on a huge roll with Alumn. Incredible what our facilities have become. Every year we get early commits who bale-- get over yourself, coaches being fired everywhere - our sponsors are here more than ever- players want to come to Tech-- do you know since 2013 LA Tech has more NFL draftees (10) than any non P5 program ?! I've supported for 50 years and never understood posters like you-- kinda of sad but we get it all together he time
    L

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

We got a 3-star recruiting class decommit today.

Was that our only 3 star recruit?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    Was that our only 3 star recruit?
    No, he was one of five 3-star commitments.

Can't confirm it, but I've been told that today's commit is a 6'-2" 225 JuCo LB.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    . We call those fair weather folks. They especially like to post negative crud --- Tech is on a huge roll with Alumn. Incredible what our facilities have become. Every year we get early commits who bale-- get over yourself, coaches being fired everywhere - our sponsors are here more than ever- players want to come to Tech-- do you know since 2013 LA Tech has more NFL draftees (10) than any non P5 program ?! I've supported for 50 years and never understood posters like you-- kinda of sad but we get it all together he time
    L
    Read some of my post and you will know I am not Mr.Negative, I am open your dang eyes Skip and Tommy. I believe Skip has taken a perfectly set up year and let it slip away by being stubborn and too conservative, don't think I have ever called for skips firing, but have called for some changes and dismissal of the OC. Tommy has also done his part to turn game day into a not so fun and expensive day for many of the middle class families and and a good portion of the students as well.
    Yes, some of the people not attending are fair weather fans, there are others who often attend and bring others with them that are not attending right now either.
    You can't call everyone who does not show up a fair weather fan, some are very committed but are just frustrated at what they are watching, they just cannot watch it every weekend. You cannot deny that a season like this one does not have multiple impacts.

Congrats on being a fan for so many years, you are faithful and I do appreciate and respect you for that. I am not a fair weather fan, been making games since my freshmen year in 1982, only made three this year due to health issues an usually miss some every year due to the work I do now, just no way around it. When my boys were young, I brought them and other kids up to almost every home and Shreveport game and some away from 1998 through 2008, and just my immediate family the years after that. I am also Enrolling my Daughter in Tech this fall along with two others I recruited and convinced to come to Tech. IS THAT WHAT YOU CALL A FAIR WEATHER FAN?

Before you start calling every one who did not attend or has criticized or complained a fair weather fan, you should realize some of us are more vocal than others and do notice such things as play calling and terrible game day planning and marketing snafus. Some of us are fairly knowledgeable about TECH, we just have a different opinion from you, but that Damn sure does not make us fair weather fans.

The exodous....that is pretty easy to see, this program was marketed as a 7 home game, bowl bound, conference championship, rock star QB team that was going provide for a very exciting year. Those that bought in to it purchased season tickets, season long advertising, the city of Ruston and it's business' made plans, this year was marketed as banner year for program and city, it did not work out. I would think some sponsors will think twice about the value of supporting TECH Football next year when asked to sign a season long contract.
    Football prospects and signee's are watching, this season has an impact on their decision making..

As far as feeling sorry for me and others like me, DON'T!

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

So, you're saying that you're super excited that we are bowl eligible for the 4th straight year (1st time in history)?

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Read some of my post and you will know I am not Mr.Negative, I am open your dang eyes Skip and Tommy. I believe Skip has taken a perfectly set up year and let it slip away by being stubborn and too conservative, don't think I have ever called for skips firing, but have called for some changes and dismissal of the OC. Tommy has also done his part to turn game day into a not so fun and expensive day for many of the middle class families and and a good portion of the students as well.
    Yes, some of the people not attending are fair weather fans, there are others who often attend and bring others with them that are not attending right now either.
    You can't call everyone who does not show up a fair weather fan, some are very committed but are just frustrated at what they are watching, they just cannot watch it every weekend. You cannot deny that a season like this one does not have multiple impacts.

Congrats on being a fan for so many years, you are faithful and I do appreciate and respect you for that. I am not a fair weather fan, been making games since my freshmen year in 1982, only made three this year due to health issues an usually miss some every year due to the work I do now, just no way around it. When my boys were young, I brought them and other kids up to almost every home and Shreveport game and some away from 1998 through 2008, and just my immediate family the years after that. I am also Enrolling my Daughter in Tech this fall along with two others I recruited and convinced to come to Tech. IS THAT WHAT YOU CALL A FAIR WEATHER FAN?

Before you start calling every one who did not attend or has criticized or complained a fair weather fan, you should realize some of us are more vocal than others and do notice such things as play calling and terrible game day planning and marketing snafus. Some of us are fairly knowledgeable about TECH, we just have a different opinion from you, but that Damn sure does not make us fair weather fans.

The exodous....that is pretty easy to see, this program was marketed as a 7 home game, bowl bound, conference championship, rock star QB team that was going provide for a very exciting year. Those that bought in to it purchased season tickets, season long advertising, the city of Ruston and it's business' made plans, this year was marketed as banner year for program and city, it did not work out. I would think some sponsors will think twice about the value of supporting TECH Football next year when asked to sign a season long contract.
    Football prospects and signee's are watching, this season has an impact on their decision making..

As far as feeling sorry for me and others like me, DON'T!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    L
    I’ve been watching Tech football longer than you have but I don’t feel the need to go around crowing about it every time someone offers up a dose of reality, which is sometimes going to be negative.

You go ahead and keep your head in the sand, your grandkids will be looking at a Tech program in the same place it is now when they get to be your age.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

"The exodous....that is pretty easy to see, this program was marketed as a 7 home game, bowl bound, conference championship, rock star QB team that was going provide for a very exciting year. Those that bought in to it purchased season tickets, season long advertising, the city of Ruston and it's business' made plans, this year was marketed as banner year for program and city, it did not work out. I would think some sponsors will think twice about the value of supporting TECH Football next year when asked to sign a season long contract.
    Football prospects and signee's are watching, this season has an impact on their decision making.."

I could not agree more with what TECHLAX has stated. This was the fifth year for this program under HCSH and from this great seven home game schedule, the new pressbox and the effort the City of Ruston put forth under Mayor Walker this was a great opportunity to build and increase the core fan base for the future. All they had to do was deliver an entertaining and exciting product on the field and they blew it. It did not have to be a perfect (7-0) product just one that generated excitement and hope for the future. It was a miserable failure and a blown opportunity.

They will now try to cover it up and recover with a probable Independence Bowl appearance. This is truly where "misery loves company". A bowl game that has caught another lifeline from a sponsor (Walk On's) will now try to somehow put a real 25-30K in the seats. They will only be able to do that with Louisiana Tech. The most likely opponent will be a UCLA, Boston College, Louisville or Florida State. I would welcome the challenge of meeting any of those teams in a bowl game with any of the Bulldog teams that has won the last three bowl games. Paying to see this 2017 team in a matchup with Louisville, etc? I didn't turn college athletics into a business, the colleges did that. That's ok, I love to see a business succeed. Their business is entertainment and people use their discretionary dollars to watch and enjoy it. Good luck with marketing this show.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TECHLAX View Post
    So, you're saying that you're super excited that we are bowl eligible for the 4th straight year (1st time in history)?
    Hey, I was just super excited that I woke up this morning, being bowl ELIGIBLE is just the cherry on top!

I am just afraid of actually going to a bowl in a way, do not want to see our guys and program possibly get embarrassed on national TV. The Armed Forces Bowl was rated one of the most exciting bowl games on TV last year.

Brandon Floyd is the JuCo LB who committed.
    https://247sports.com/player/brandon-floyd-46050300

Tech FB recruit Brodrick Calhoun 3-star DB announced tonight that he has shut down his recruitment and will be signing with Louisiana Tech during the early signing period on December 20th.

Mr.Brodrick Calhoun‏ @locksmithsuper5 10m10 minutes ago

December 20,2017 my name going on the line @LATechFBRecruit @LATechFB @HornJagsRecruit @MikeRoach247 @GPowers247 @EJHolland247pic.twitter.com/CAWXN6jMno

7:05 PM - 1 Dec 2017

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Tech FB recruit Brodrick Calhoun 3-star DB announced tonight that he has shut down his recruitment and will be signing with Louisiana Tech during the early signing period on December 20th.

Mr.Brodrick Calhoun‏ @locksmithsuper5 10m10 minutes ago

December 20,2017 my name going on the line @LATechFBRecruit @LATechFB @HornJagsRecruit @MikeRoach247 @GPowers247 @EJHolland247pic.twitter.com/CAWXN6jMno

7:05 PM - 1 Dec 2017
    Wiw! You gotta love that statement. No exodus there.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread