+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/15 UL-Lafayette @ 6pm

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 3/15 UL-Lafayette @ 6pm

I think our AD and HCLB get it now.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Interesting that by playing USL our RPI won't be helped. They are 101 and we are 9.

Puppy CajunJuice has turned a few heads around hereCajunJuice has turned a few heads around hereCajunJuice has turned a few heads around hereCajunJuice has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    Interesting that by playing USL our RPI won't be helped. They are 101 and we are 9.
    Greetings from a Cajun fan. Not here to troll or worry about who calls who what. Just here for the game of baseball.

Anyway, you are incorrect in that assumption. It actually will help your RPI by playing us. This is because of the calculation that is used to determine your RPI. It has nothing to do with our actual RPI ranking and everything to do with our Winning Percentage and our Opponents Winning Percentage. Because we have 9 wins, it will boost your Opponents Winning Percentage and will thus boost your RPI. Also, our RPI was sitting at #32 before we played scrub team Saint Marry's over the weekend for 3 games which is a team from up north that currently is 0-4 on the season. In other words, their .000 WP got multiplied by a factor of 3 which dropped our own Opponents Winning Percentage significantly for the time being. This can only go up because once they start winning, our RPI will get back to normal. Also, by season's end when our RPI is back in the Top 30 or so, it will look good on La Tech's resume if they beat us and have a good record vs. the RPI Top 25 or Top 50.

Hope this helps. I have followed the RPI for years and we have somewhat of an RPI Guru on our board and we follow it very closely every year. I can answer any questions y'all have.

Good luck tonight and may the best team win.

We are throwing Freshmen Righty Jack Burk. This is his first start, but he's showed promise so far this season. Definitely throwing him into the fire vs. you guys with your big bats. Our offense started extremely slow out the gates for the first week of the season but has since got somewhat back on track. I expect a hard fought game tonight and very much looking forward to the matchup!

Geaux Cajuns

Varsity Bulldog collinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    It may not today but they will be at least top 30-40 by seasons end.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by collinellis View Post
    It may not today but they will be at least top 30-40 by seasons end.
    I know...was just a casual rib / observation that they roles are somewhat reversed.

Puppy CajunJuice has turned a few heads around hereCajunJuice has turned a few heads around hereCajunJuice has turned a few heads around hereCajunJuice has turned a few heads around here

What's the story on who's starting for Tech tonight?

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Re: 3/15 La-Lafayette @ 6pm

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    That was my first thought, too, but the Perfect Game Poll does have them at #9. NCBWA has them at 19, Coaches Poll at 20. PG snubbed us, while NCBWA has us at 23, Coaches at 24.

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    That was my first thought, too, but the Perfect Game Poll does have them at #9. NCBWA has them at 19, Coaches Poll at 20. PG snubbed us, while NCBWA has us at 23, Coaches at 24.
    Cajuns are also #14 in Baseball America and #15 in D1Baseball.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJuice View Post
    What's the story on who's starting for Tech tonight?
    Our mid-week ace...

Casey Sullivan
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Greetings from a Cajun fan. Not here to troll or worry about who calls who what. Just here for the game of baseball.

Anyway, you are incorrect in that assumption. It actually will help your RPI by playing us. This is because of the calculation that is used to determine your RPI. It has nothing to do with our actual RPI ranking and everything to do with our Winning Percentage and our Opponents Winning Percentage. Because we have 9 wins, it will boost your Opponents Winning Percentage and will thus boost your RPI. Also, our RPI was sitting at #32 before we played scrub team Saint Marry's over the weekend for 3 games which is a team from up north that currently is 0-4 on the season. In other words, their .000 WP got multiplied by a factor of 3 which dropped our own Opponents Winning Percentage significantly for the time being. This can only go up because once they start winning, our RPI will get back to normal. Also, by season's end when our RPI is back in the Top 30 or so, it will look good on La Tech's resume if they beat us and have a good record vs. the RPI Top 25 or Top 50.

Hope this helps. I have followed the RPI for years and we have somewhat of an RPI Guru on our board and we follow it very closely every year. I can answer any questions y'all have.

Good luck tonight and may the best team win.

We are throwing Freshmen Righty Jack Burk. This is his first start, but he's showed promise so far this season. Definitely throwing him into the fire vs. you guys with your big bats. Our offense started extremely slow out the gates for the first week of the season but has since got somewhat back on track. I expect a hard fought game tonight and very much looking forward to the matchup!

Geaux Cajuns
    know who you get is a discussion with.

Omahadawg might've forgot more baseball than you'll remember.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Going to be chilly - going to be 50 about game time which means it will feel like 42 inside the Love Shack (or icebox as Skill calls it)...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Y'all let me know if Pawdawg breaks down and puts on a jacket. I want to make fun of him.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    know who you get is a discussion with.

Omahadawg might've forgot more baseball than you'll remember.
    I highly doubt that. You know nothing about me. I live and breathe baseball.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I highly doubt that. You know nothing about me. I live and breathe baseball.
    Does it pay all your bills?
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Does it pay all your bills?
    Nope. But last I checked that's not a qualifier for knowing, loving, and having played baseball my whole life. I'm in Sales, and pay my bills just fine without baseball.

+ Reply to Thread