+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: POPE FRANCIS a Fraud per Conservative Catholics

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: POPE FRANCIS a Fraud per Conservative Catholics

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Sorry, but I am going to require proof of the claim "his birthday was celebrated by the Vatican from 1931 until his death in 1945." I am not sure what church you are actually thinking of but the church celebrates only 2 birthdays that I know if and neither of them are hitler. Perhaps you are conflating, for inflammatory purposes, people in the church celebrating a birthday as an official proclamation of the church. I suppose the Church's aid of the Jews is of little to no mention. Also, you raise hitler and I will direct your attention to Maximillion Kolbe, a Catholic Priest who died in a concentration camp. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximilian_Kolbe You point to evil, I will point to good and God.

About the pedophile priests atrocities, do you deny that it is flawed human beings that committed those? You can make light of my use of flaw all you want but I do not. I am not making excuses for them nor trying to hide it. I will merely point out it is not merely a Catholic crisis, but is present in many other denominations as well. Why, because you have humans in them. All of them loved, all of them with the same offer all of us have, repent and accept the Father's love. I will ask, is my sin any worse when it too is blatantly against God? They are as scarlet and are made white as snow as soon as I repent, would you not agree?

Let me guess, the next post will be about the church locking the bible up in the churches...
    http://www.catholicarrogance.org/Cat...Holocaust.html

Kolbe was a brave man for trying to help the jews, but, he may have been the only one that tried to. This article tells you all about how Pope Pius XII and the Bishops in Germany were Nazi sympathizers before and during the war. If you have a weak stomach, you may not want to read it. Here's how the jews were treated in Rome under the shadow of St. Peter's statue.

"In his chapter on the beginning of the tribulations for the Jews of Rome, John Cornwell explains that the trucks carting the Jews off to their deaths were driven right past St. Peter's square, so that the Roman Catholic soldiers on them could see the famous center of Catholicism. He also shows that contrary to the figment that Pope Pius XII had to fear NAZI retribution against him and his church, the German occupiers themselves didn't want to move against the Jews of Rome, because these German occupiers feared the reaction of the Italian Catholic population, which was very sympathetic to the Jews. Pope Pius refused to intervene on behalf of the Jews of Rome even though the leadership of the German occupation itself was urging him to protest publicly and to register his objections with Berlin.Instead, five days later this entry appears in the meticulously kept log at Auschwitz: "Transport, Jews from Rome.After the selection 149 men (registered with numbers 158451-158639) and 47 women (registered with numbers 66172- 66218) have been admitted to the detention camp. The rest have been gassed."Another misunderstanding that Cornwell clears up here is the role of the chief Rabbi of Rome at this time. Israel Zolli has been used since then as a great apologist for Pope Pius XII. When Catholics quote Zolli and point out that he became a convert to Roman Catholicism, look to see if they also reveal that this so-called "chief rabbi of Rome" was disowned by the Jews (i.e. practically "defrocked") for abandoning his community at their time of greatest need, while accepting the hospitality of Pius XII for himself and his immediate family within the walls of the papal residence, a palace with eleven THOUSAND rooms(sic), more than enough to hide every last one of the 1900 Jews of Rome."

Pope Pius XII should have been arrested and shot as a war criminal instead of given sainthood. He was Hitler's Pope, so, he could have had some influence on Hitler killing the Jews. The irony of all of this is that Einstein and Enrico Firmi, who developed the atom bomb, were both of jewish ancestry. There have been 120 jews that have won Nobel prizes for their scientific work. That's a very high percentage for the total number given out since there are only 14 million jews on earth. Hitler may have killed a jew that could have made an atomic bomb for him. There's a reason the jews are so smart, but, Hitler hated them so much that he would have never figured it out. Think about this. Out of those 6 million jews that Hitler killed may have been one or two that made great scientific discoveries that may have enhanced our lives.

Be sure you check out that link above: a palace with 11,000 rooms Here are 3 paragraphs that best describes the catholic church from that article.

"How could anyone doubt that the "Supreme Pontiffs" who were carried around in this sumptuous carriage, were the authentic representatives of Jesus of Nazareth, who (according to Matthew and Luke) said: "Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head."
    John the Baptist explained that in order to be saved, "Whoever has two coats must share with anyone who has none; and whoever has food must do likewise" (Luke 3:11)
    "Every once in a while a Pope emerges whose conscience is bothered by the extravagance of his church's wealth. One such pope was John Paul the First, who once revealed in a public audience in 1978:“. . . this morning, I flushed my toilet with a solid gold lever edged with diamonds and at this very moment, bishops and cardinals are using a bathroom on the second floor of the papal palace which trappings, I am told, would draw more than fifty million dollars at auction . . . Believe me, one day, we who live in opulence, while so many are dying because they have nothing, will have to answer to Jesus as to why we have not carried out His instruction, ‘Love thy neighbor as thyself.’ We, the clergy of the Church together with our congregations, who substitute gold and pomp and ceremony in place of Christ’s instruction, who judge our masquerade of singing His praises to be more precious than human life, will have the most to explain.”

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    How do you think the catholic church should have handled this to make it better? Better for the church and the pedophile priests or better for the victims?
    You are truly ignorant, DONW, and have no clue as to what has been going on in the Roman Catholic Church. No doubt, the Church has had very major and well publicized problems arising from ordaining a number of priests who were paedophiles, i.e., men who were sexually attracted to young children. Most of these paedophilic priests were homosexuals, and some number of them (not all, and most surely a small proportion of them) sexually molested young boys, but certainly the vast majority of the more than 400,000 Catholic priests in the world did not. I've read studies that estimate that the number of paedophiles in the Roman Catholic Church priesthood might have been as high as 2%, which is possibly less than or similar to the number of paedophiles in the general population, which various studies have estimated to be anywhere in the range of 1% to 5%. BTW, it is very difficult to accurately estimate how many people are paedophiles, as that's a characteristic that most folks tend to be rather secretive about. It was once thought to be ok to ordain men to the priesthood without much attention to their sexual orientation, given all priests are required to take a vow (promise) of celibacy. Obviously, that didn't work out so well. Beginning in the early part of this decade around the time the sexual scandals began to be widely publicized, the Church began to institute extreme vetting of the backgrounds of all applicants to seminaries. A 2005 church document issued under Pope Benedict XVI banned admittance to Catholic Church seminaries of men with "deep seated homosexual tendencies". This was reaffirmed several months ago by release of a document under Pope Francis that declared that "persons with homosexual tendencies" cannot be admitted to Church seminaries. The Church has also addressed the problem with fervor on a more "local" level. For example, no one in the Diocese to which I belong can work with children unless he/she first undergoes and passes a background check performed by an independent outside organization not affiliated with the Church.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    You are truly ignorant, DONW, and have no clue as to what has been going on in the Roman Catholic Church. No doubt, the Church has had very major and well publicized problems arising from ordaining a number of priests who were paedophiles, i.e., men who were sexually attracted to young children. Most of these paedophilic priests were homosexuals, and some number of them (not all, and most surely a small proportion of them) sexually molested young boys, but certainly the vast majority of the more than 400,000 Catholic priests in the world did not. I've read studies that estimate that the number of paedophiles in the Roman Catholic Church priesthood might have been as high as 2%, which is possibly less than or similar to the number of paedophiles in the general population, which various studies have estimated to be anywhere in the range of 1% to 5%. BTW, it is very difficult to accurately estimate how many people are paedophiles, as that's a characteristic that most folks tend to be rather secretive about. It was once thought to be ok to ordain men to the priesthood without much attention to their sexual orientation, given all priests are required to take a vow (promise) of celibacy. Obviously, that didn't work out so well. Beginning in the early part of this decade around the time the sexual scandals began to be widely publicized, the Church began to institute extreme vetting of the backgrounds of all applicants to seminaries. A 2005 church document issued under Pope Benedict XVI banned admittance to Catholic Church seminaries of men with "deep seated homosexual tendencies". This was reaffirmed several months ago by release of a document under Pope Francis that declared that "persons with homosexual tendencies" cannot be admitted to Church seminaries. The Church has also addressed the problem with fervor on a more "local" level. For example, no one in the Diocese to which I belong can work with children unless he/she first undergoes and passes a background check performed by an independent outside organization not affiliated with the Church.
    This is the most ignorant bunch of crap that I have ever read. Why would the catholic church be making priest out of such unstable people? All of that sounds like something the corrupt catholic church would put out. I would never have thought you would have believed such crap. I have a couple of friends that are gay and they have no interest in being a pedophile. If the church was turning out all of these unstable priests why were the members not complaining about it. Nobody ever complained until The Boston Globe did their study and found out there were 87 out of 1500 priests that were raping children. That's a very high percentage. A former priest told the Globe writer that his studies had found that 6% of the priest were doing this. They got their information from a former priest that had left the priesthood because he was tired of the corruption of the church. The catholic church has been corrupt throughout its history. People like you have stuck their head in the sand and just ignored it. Read my post #31 how Pope Pius XII was a Nazi sympathizer and did nothing to try to stop the holocaust. Have they let you ride in that gold enlaid wagon yet shown in my post #31?

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

................ Read my post #31 how Pope Pius XII was a Nazi sympathizer and did nothing to try to stop the holocaust. Have they let you ride in that gold enlaid wagon yet shown in my post #31?
    No. I have no interest in your ridiculous blatherings on.

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    No. I have no interest in your ridiculous blatherings on.
    What do you think about the priests being moved from one church to another when they were caught raping little kids? Do you think it went all the way to the Pope? The cardinal in Boston was moved to the Vatican before he could be arrested, so, that tells me the Pope knew about it. Do you think this would still be going on if the Boston Globe had not done their investigation? There was extreme political pressure at the time to not do the investigation. It probably would not have been done if they hadn't got a new editor that moved in from Miami and wasn't used to the power that the church held in Boston. You should watch the movie, Spotlight. It's a really good movie done by some very good actors. Your post #33 seems to say that you want to protect the church no matter how serious the crime and this is a very serious crime against nature. Many young lives have been destroyed because the church let it go on for so long. This is what happens when you mix money and power and religion. What do you think Jesus would say about it? The catholic church is a long way away from what Jesus preached. Have you been a catholic all of your life? Would you still be in the church if you had been raped by a priest as a child? I only expect you to answer this to yourself. If you want to know why they committed these atrocities, read Leviticus chapter 20. One last thing you need to think about, the church is not the victim as you seem to state, the young children are the victim.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Conway, Arkansas is evil.

It has a safety rating of 6. That means it is safer than just 6% of American cities. In that small town there have been 312 violent crimes, which includes 34 reported rapes. That's a rape rate of .52. That's higher than New Orleans' rate of .39.

Wow! DONW how many of those rapes have you done? I bet you've got your fair share, eh. You must be guilty. This high rape rate is occurring in your town. Bet you hang around school yards and playgrounds too, huh.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

It's really crazy that people like you don't realize what a horrible crime it is for priests to rape little kids. If a priest had raped you or one of your kids, would you still be a member of the catholic church? It's very difficult for me to understand how you can defend such a heinous crime against nature. Can you show me the scriptures where it says this is ok? I have never read of any other denomination of christianity where there were multiple rapes of children by their teachers/ministers as you claim. You're the second catholic that has tried to justify it in this manner to me. That just makes your reasoning look more flawed than it already is. Here's an article you want like about Pope Pius XII that began his reign in 1939. http://www.vanityfair.com/style/1999/10/pope-pius-xii-199910 Long-buried Vatican files reveal a new and shocking indictment of World War II’s Pope Pius XII: that in pursuit of absolute power he helped Adolf Hitler destroy German Catholic political opposition, betrayed the Jews of Europe, and sealed a deeply cynical pact with a 20th-century devil. WOW, Dawg80's devil doing a deal with his Pope!!!!!!!!!!.

T
    here was a picture of Pope Pius XII with Hitler in 1939 on this sight. "On April 20, 1939, Archbishop Orsenigo celebrated Hitler's birthday. The celebrations, initiated by Pacelli (Pope Pius XII) became a tradition. Each April 20, Cardinal Bertram of Berlin was to send "warmest congratulations to the Fuhrer in the name of the bishops and the dioceses in Germany" and added with "fervent prayers which the Catholics of Germany are sending to heaven on their altars."(Source: Hitler's

I would still be Catholic because the Catholic church is not human. In my mind, I can separate what humans do (sin) and what I see as the truth and divine construction of the church. Before you take offense of this, I never said you had to believe it and with your hardened heart, I don't expect it. But it is not my job to convert, merely to comply with God's will and carry out his love. I cannot show you in scripture where it is ok because, unfortunately for you, I NEVER said it was ok. I believe I called them atrocities. I don't think I can get any clearer than that, but if you require it, I will make an attempt. One thing I will directly ask you: if one of these priests that committed these heinous crimes repented and asked forgiveness, would Christ forgive them? I would like you to answer that one.

Now for your other claim about an claimed attempt at deflection, I encourage you to read this, this, and this. Those were not from Catholic sources, so they are safe for you. However, If you would like to review commentary and peer reviewed studies from Catholic sources try here, study here, and here. Again, this is not making light of the problem, much to your dismay, nor is it a defense. You framing this as purely a Catholic problem is why it is offered to you.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Conway, Arkansas is evil.

It has a safety rating of 6. That means it is safer than just 6% of American cities. In that small town there have been 312 violent crimes, which includes 34 reported rapes. That's a rape rate of .52. That's higher than New Orleans' rate of .39.

Wow! DONW how many of those rapes have you done? I bet you've got your fair share, eh. You must be guilty. This high rape rate is occurring in your town. Bet you hang around school yards and playgrounds too, huh.
    I pity you!!! Making light of child rape is the most disgusting thing I have ever read and you are a disgusting person. You have lost all of your ability to reason. Thomas Pain said in his book, The Age of Reason, "When a man has so far corrupted and prostituted the chastity of his mind, he has prepared himself for the commission of every other crime." You are living proof of what the catholic church can do to people. Your mind no longer belongs to you, it belongs to a corrupt organization called the catholic church.

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    I would still be Catholic because the Catholic church is not human. In my mind, I can separate what humans do (sin) and what I see as the truth and divine construction of the church. Before you take offense of this, I never said you had to believe it and with your hardened heart, I don't expect it. But it is not my job to convert, merely to comply with God's will and carry out his love. I cannot show you in scripture where it is ok because, unfortunately for you, I NEVER said it was ok. I believe I called them atrocities. I don't think I can get any clearer than that, but if you require it, I will make an attempt. One thing I will directly ask you: if one of these priests that committed these heinous crimes repented and asked forgiveness, would Christ forgive them? I would like you to answer that one.

Now for your other claim about an claimed attempt at deflection, I encourage you to read this, this, and this. Those were not from Catholic sources, so they are safe for you. However, If you would like to review commentary and peer reviewed studies from Catholic sources try here, study here, and here. Again, this is not making light of the problem, much to your dismay, nor is it a defense. You framing this as purely a Catholic problem is why it is offered to you.
    I feel sorry for you. You're trying to point the finger at somebody else and say it's ok because they did it too. That doesn't make it right. No, I don't think jesus will forgive the pedophile priests nor would he even approve of the existing catholic church. Do you think he would approve of gold commode flush levers coated with diamonds when there are millions of people starving? Do you think he would have rode in that gold covered wagon? Do you think he would approve of a priest acting like he is God? Do you think he would approve of the vatican having 11,000 rooms and nobody uses them?

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I feel sorry for you. You're trying to point the finger at somebody else and say it's ok because they did it too. That doesn't make it right. No, I don't think jesus will forgive the pedophile priests nor would he even approve of the existing catholic church. Do you think he would approve of gold commode flush levers coated with diamonds when there are millions of people starving? Do you think he would have rode in that gold covered wagon? Do you think he would approve of a priest acting like he is God? Do you think he would approve of the vatican having 11,000 rooms and nobody uses them?
    As a non-catholic, my understanding of my duty to the Catholic Church is

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...3&version=NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    As a non-catholic, my understanding of my duty to the Catholic Church is

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...3&version=NKJV
    This is how I see it. Matthew 7:15 and 7:17

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

This is how I see it. Matthew 7:15 and 7:17
    Those are great verses directed to those who have entered the "narrow gate" found in Matthew 7:13.

Have you entered that gate? If so, are your actions reflecting that choice and witnessing to others to follow the path you have taken?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Non-believers are just as guilty of atrocities as believers.
    But not as regularly, apparently.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...101-story.html

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

We are being invaded from the south and the Catholic church is in on the game.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/27/mexic...cese-says.html

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Well, that was a waste of time except for the last paragraph.

+ Reply to Thread