+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: POPE FRANCIS a Fraud per Conservative Catholics

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Re: POPE FRANCIS a Fraud per Conservative Catholics

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I feel sorry for you. You're trying to point the finger at somebody else and say it's ok because they did it too. That doesn't make it right. No, I don't think jesus will forgive the pedophile priests nor would he even approve of the existing catholic church. Do you think he would approve of gold commode flush levers coated with diamonds when there are millions of people starving? Do you think he would have rode in that gold covered wagon? Do you think he would approve of a priest acting like he is God? Do you think he would approve of the vatican having 11,000 rooms and nobody uses them?
    Thankfully, I do not require your pity nor rely on your judgement.

But like I asked earlier, and you kindly provided your answer, about Jesus forgiving the priests in this case. I see a stark chill in your heart if you are attempting to limit the healing forgiveness of God. I understand that you personally don't forgive them, but I sincerely doubt God is limited by your version of forgiveness. If this is in fact your belief that God cannot forgive in certain cases (and yes I understand the verse about blaspheming the Holy Spirit), I tend to question your understanding of God. I am not trying to make the case that any of the offenders made a sincere repentance because you, and most certainly I, do not know the workings of their hearts and conversations with God.

I would reiterate that I am not trying to deflect from the horrendous acts, merely challenging YOUR framing of the issue.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Well, that was a waste of time except for the last paragraph.
    Why do you think violence correlates positively with religion?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Catholic checking in since there is so much attacking of Catholics going on.

1. Regarding the pope. I do not have many problems with the current Pope. I'm conservative, but I seperate public policy from personal responsibility. As a conservative I believe the government should protect it's people and their freedoms with minimal interference to their daily lives, as a Christian I think it is my duty to help people who are less fortunate than me and to not judge others to harshly for their sins but to atone for my own.
    2. Regarding the rape of children by priests within the catholic church: This is awful and I don't think anyone is trying to justify it or say that it is ok. What they are saying is the catholic church is made up of humans and all churches are. People are capable of evil and being a priest or member of a church does not make anyone immune to evil unfortunately. Rape is terrible. Rape of children is even more so. Rape by Priests is absolutely evil. Protecting those priests from punishment is unacceptable and has no place in any church.
    It's all a huge problem for the catholic church. That said it's not some sort of act that is an accepted part of the teachings of the church. It's very clearly not. To lump all catholics or catholic priests in with the pedophiles is basically the same as lumping DonW in with all residents of Conway (as Dawg80 pointed out).

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Why do you think violence correlates positively with religion?
    I don't.

I believe violence correlates positively with culture and poverty. Just as that last paragraph suggests.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I don't.

I believe violence correlates positively with culture and poverty. Just as that last paragraph suggests.
    It CORRELATES to religion but the last paragraph suggest that their article multiple complex CAUSES. Religion is also cultural.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Catholic checking in since there is so much attacking of Catholics going on.

1. Regarding the pope. I do not have many problems with the current Pope. I'm conservative, but I seperate public policy from personal responsibility. As a conservative I believe the government should protect it's people and their freedoms with minimal interference to their daily lives, as a Christian I think it is my duty to help people who are less fortunate than me and to not judge others to harshly for their sins but to atone for my own.
    2. Regarding the rape of children by priests within the catholic church: This is awful and I don't think anyone is trying to justify it or say that it is ok. What they are saying is the catholic church is made up of humans and all churches are. People are capable of evil and being a priest or member of a church does not make anyone immune to evil unfortunately. Rape is terrible. Rape of children is even more so. Rape by Priests is absolutely evil. Protecting those priests from punishment is unacceptable and has no place in any church.
    It's all a huge problem for the catholic church. That said it's not some sort of act that is an accepted part of the teachings of the church. It's very clearly not. To lump all catholics or catholic priests in with the pedophiles is basically the same as lumping DonW in with all residents of Conway (as Dawg80 pointed out).
    Finally, a voice of reason from a Catholic. Good post!!!!

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

IN MY OPINION:

Different religions exists due to human bias. Whenever one religion doesn't fit well with the way a particular group of folks want to behave, they simply create and spin off a new religion (or a new sect in their current religion) that does. This is true of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, and every other religion known to man. For anyone to think that ANY man has all the answers is ridiculous. For those that put their faith in Jesus Christ, HE is all that matters when it comes to salvation. Don't bother with the rhetoric being spewed by self serving and self enriching religions. Believe in Christ as the risen Lord and Savior and receive his FREE gift of salvation. It's that simple.

Now, y'all play nice and Go Dawgs!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Dang, I didn't mean to start all of the above for sure. I was thinking more in the lines of the Pope's politics, leanings and appeared looser interpretation of the scriptures. And how he might influence his followers and help force his views on the world scenes.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Ok this is bizarre. I understand what he's trying to say but really?? You feel the need, and authority, to change the Lord's Prayer?

POPE WANTS TO CHANGE WORDS TO LORD'S PRAYER

Says current interpretation suggests God leads us 'into temptation'

Published: 18 hours ago(London Daily Mail) Pope Francis has said he wants to change the interpretation of ‘Our Father’, the best known prayer in Christianity.
    The Pontiff said the Roman Catholic Church should adopt a better translation of the phrase ‘lead us not into temptation’ in the Italian version of the Lord’s Prayer.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/12/pope-wants-to-change-words-to-lords-prayer/#YY5pbS0W6PH8kooR.99

WORLD
    Pope Francis: Lord’s Prayer wording makes God look bad

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

If Ray didn’t read fake news he would read no news at all!

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Nice 'walk back".

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Nice 'walk back".
    Sorry, I'll trust Vatican sources over media that loves to inflame any given topic.

I am curious, what did you think of the part where the Catholic churches in Portugal and Spain already have a similar translation to what the French are moving to and the differences in Matthew's and Luke's Lord's Prayer?

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post

I am curious, what did you think of the part where the Catholic churches in Portugal and Spain already have a similar translation to what the French are moving to and the differences in Matthew's and Luke's Lord's Prayer?
    I wouldn't change either of the scriptures in the Bible (let's really not get into which version). Obviously I'm totally fine with either Matthew's or Luke's. I think of the line in question more as: to keep or deliver us from temptation and/or testing; or even as keep us from the Evil one per the Matthew version. And the Luke version (I believe there are 2) as more all encompassing when it uses , Deliver us from the evil one which in effect keeps us from temptation. Then again, I'm a simpleton.

+ Reply to Thread