+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: POPE FRANCIS a Fraud per Conservative Catholics

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: POPE FRANCIS a Fraud per Conservative Catholics

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    He means there is currently no hell, although Trump is trying to turn America into it.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    That's why Sola Scriptura is so important. Luther was calling the Pope the Antichrist WAY back when.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Y'all would do well to realize that the pope, any one of them, does not speak for the church in every breath. The teaching of the Catholic Church is clear on the presence of hell and no matter what was actually said in the conversation was not official teaching. My priest gave a talk on heresies recently and made the point that at one time or another we are all heretics by believing something false or doubting God. The formal heresy comes when you refuse to be persuaded by the truth.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Y'all would do well to realize that the pope, any one of them, does not speak for the church in every breath. The teaching of the Catholic Church is clear on the presence of hell and no matter what was actually said in the conversation was not official teaching. My priest gave a talk on heresies recently and made the point that at one time or another we are all heretics by believing something false or doubting God. The formal heresy comes when you refuse to be persuaded by the truth.
    Would you say he was exercising his office as teacher of all Christians?

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Would you say he was exercising his office as teacher of all Christians?
    In this "interview"/conversation, no. Would you?

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    In this "interview"/conversation, no. Would you?
    I don't know. I'm not Roman Catholic, so I don't know the rules around when the pope is acting officially and with papal infallibility and when he's just chatting. It certainly feels like "gotcha" journalism by a staunch atheist that would be glad to score a win against the RCC, but that just reaffirms my earlier post. Glad nobody is saying that Baptists are cool with infidelity because Frank Page had an inappropriate relationship.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

What??? WOW! We should all love them for sure and bring them to the Lord. And yes I know that all sin is evil in the sight of the Lord. But don't say as the Pope that "God made them this way". One would expect this lie from Hollywood and the left not the Pope.

POPE SHOCK: OK TO BE GAY
    'GOD MADE YOU LIKE THIS'

So first the Pope says,
    "There is no Hell"

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...=1#post1691489

and now "God made you gay"?
    Will the Pope say abortion is OK next?

What part of these verses does the Pope not understand? Is he becoming as the "False Prophet"? Read the full "running start" of Romans 1: 18 - 32.

Romans 1:25-27 New International Version (NIV)

25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.

In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips,

slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents;

they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy.

Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

POPE SHOCK: OK TO BE GAY

'GOD MADE YOU LIKE THIS'

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Always have to keep in mind that, no matter how high the Catholic Church may lift the Pope or any other leader of the church, they are men appointed by men. None are infallible except one.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Always have to keep in mind that, no matter how high the Catholic Church may lift the Pope or any other leader of the church, they are men appointed by men. None are infallible except one.
    That is a fact. The way I have always understood it is the infallibility of the pope when speaking on behalf of the church is basically because the Holy Spirit will not allow him to lead the Church of believers astray. I don't know where I fall on this doctrine, but in general I would hope that God is with church leaders and in general keeps them from damaging the faith. There are a lot of things that this pope has done or seemed to do that I find questionable. A few thoughts on the recent stories:
    1. Changing the Lord's Prayer- If he truly wants to change the Lord's prayer then I don't see how to defend this. If he feels like the translation is imperfect then maybe there is room for discussion, but if he is basically saying I know better than the bible, then I can't get behind it. Not sure what the latest on this story is but I have a feeling the "news" in this case isn't telling us everything.
    2. There is no Hell- Again the bible says differently so not sure where he is coming from if he really made this statement. As others have pointed out, the source on this seems shaky at best and the context may be important as well.
    3. God made you gay- Again no confirmation that this was actually said and context might be important, but the bible says something different. We are all God's children so he made all of us in a sense, but he doesn't makes us sin.

I take all of these reports with a grain of salt. I am not a particular fan of this pope, but I'm a long way from calling him an agent of evil at this point. I feel like I am always hearing things that I disagree with from him but then I look a little deeper and it's either not confirmed or not what it was represented to be. If he really feels that the established teachings on the above topics have been misrepresented or misinterpreted and the church has been wrong this whole time he better have a darn good biblical argument for how and why it was misinterpreted. I have a feeling some of this is like Trump's "animals" comment.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    That is a fact. The way I have always understood it is the infallibility of the pope when speaking on behalf of the church is basically because the Holy Spirit will not allow him to lead the Church of believers astray. I don't know where I fall on this doctrine, but in general I would hope that God is with church leaders and in general keeps them from damaging the faith. There are a lot of things that this pope has done or seemed to do that I find questionable. A few thoughts on the recent stories:
    1. Changing the Lord's Prayer- If he truly wants to change the Lord's prayer then I don't see how to defend this. If he feels like the translation is imperfect then maybe there is room for discussion, but if he is basically saying I know better than the bible, then I can't get behind it. Not sure what the latest on this story is but I have a feeling the "news" in this case isn't telling us everything.
    2. There is no Hell- Again the bible says differently so not sure where he is coming from if he really made this statement. As others have pointed out, the source on this seems shaky at best and the context may be important as well.
    3. God made you gay- Again no confirmation that this was actually said and context might be important, but the bible says something different. We are all God's children so he made all of us in a sense, but he doesn't makes us sin.

I take all of these reports with a grain of salt. I am not a particular fan of this pope, but I'm a long way from calling him an agent of evil at this point. I feel like I am always hearing things that I disagree with from him but then I look a little deeper and it's either not confirmed or not what it was represented to be. If he really feels that the established teachings on the above topics have been misrepresented or misinterpreted and the church has been wrong this whole time he better have a darn good biblical argument for how and why it was misinterpreted. I have a feeling some of this is like Trump's "animals" comment.
    Did god make you straight?

The Bible says that Adam’s sin spread to all men (this was prior to their individual creation), so we are all sinful at our conception.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Did god make you straight?
    Dad's boss' daughter did.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Dad's boss' daughter did.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    ....That is a fact. The way I have always understood it is the infallibility of the pope when speaking on behalf of the church is basically because the Holy Spirit will not allow him to lead the Church of believers astray. I don't know where I fall on this doctrine, but in general I would hope that God is with church leaders and in general keeps them from damaging the faith. There are a lot of things that this pope has done or seemed to do that I find questionable.
    Keep in mind the statements made by the Pope regarding homosexuality and on the existence of Hell are not "ex cathedra". They are his own personal beliefs as Pope but do not carry the weight of infallibility.

As I recall that's only happened a couple of times in the past 100 or so years, the last being in the early 90s when Pope John Paul II basically made the statement that Mary, the Mother of Jesus, was without sin. He added a long statement with it to make it clear that he was adding "ex cathedra" to the statement. It was a truth that all Catholics should believe.

Nothing that this Pope or any other of the more liberal Popes like John XXIII or Paul VI have said or done since the opening of Vatican II in the 1960s have carried the weight of infallibility.

+ Reply to Thread