+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball. Diamond Dogs Top No. 9 Lafayette in Extra Innings Thriller, 6-5

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball Baseball. Diamond Dogs Top No. 9 Lafayette in Extra Innings Thriller, 6-5

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

It took nearly five hours and 13 innings to declare a winner on Wednesday night at J.C. Love Field, but Chase Lunceford walked away the hero as his two-out walk-off single gave Louisiana Tech (15-2) a 6-5 win over no. 9 Lafayette (9-5) in front of the largest crowd in Louisiana Tech Baseball history.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Baseball. Diamond Dogs Top No. 9 Lafayette in Extra Innings Thriller, 6-5

Awesome job, Dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Another good win. Well, of course, all wins are good, but especially so over good opponents.

We could be, and should be, 17-0.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure about that largest crowd claim.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Do they account for the people in the outfield areas in crowd count?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    I'm not sure about that largest crowd claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    Do they account for the people in the outfield areas in crowd count?
    It was bound to happen. Our AD is obsessed with announcing bigger and better everything. In his mind his employer did not exist before he was hired.

No way they could count the unpaid crowd inside or outside the stadium. No way they sold 3300 total tickets even if combined with season tickets.

That said, it was the largest crowd I've ever witnessed personally, but Arkansas 2007, from what I heard had over 3000.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It was bound to happen. Our AD is obsessed with announcing bigger and better everything. In his mind his employer did not exist before he was hired.

No way they could count the unpaid crowd inside or outside the stadium. No way they sold 3300 total tickets even if combined with season tickets.

That said, it was the largest crowd I've ever witnessed personally, but Arkansas 2007, from what I heard had over 3000.
    Any idea on how many Good Dawgs were there?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Any idea on how many Good Dawgs were there?
    Absolutely no way to tell or even guess within a few hundred. I'd say there were easily over 1000 Tech fans outside the stadium and possibly a few hundred LaLaff fans.

I'd say inside the stadium was to capacity with our students (who our admin treated like crap) and several hundred more LaLaff fans.

Great job by our PA announcer for recognizing the Tech fans outside the stadium a couple of times.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

The 1st base line was NOT as filled as the Arkansas game. Folks were 3-4 deep most of the way to the fair pole.
    HOWEVER, there were much more students hanging from the apartments and the left field area.
    Crowd size. Awfully close to this year's Tuesday night Arkansas game . . . but nowhere near the 2007 Arkansas game.

On to the next game.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say inside the stadium was to capacity with our students (who our admin treated like crap) and several hundred more LaLaff fans.
    A great way to get the students involved in athletics, and grow/nurture future givers as alumni. The present before future approach... like our national debt

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Another good win. Well, of course, all wins are good, but especially so over good opponents.

We could be, and should be, 17-0.
    Really? This team maybe should be, or could be, 12-5 as well with the comebacks and extra inning games. This isn't Football or maybe even Basketball.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

This crowd set a record....maybe. Huge crowd for sure. Know what? It's great to be having such discussions. Beats having a crappy team where maybe 100 fans were in attendance.

USM travels well in baseball. I was at a USM game at the Shack some years ago, and they had as many fans as we did. So, look for more "record" crowds this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    Really? This team maybe should be, or could be, 12-5 as well with the comebacks and extra inning games. This isn't Football or maybe even Basketball.
    Take your Negative Nancy crap somewhere else.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Take your Negative Nancy crap somewhere else.
    You are funny, really. You are the first person to call me negative in 43 years.

Sorry, but if you are going to question my negativity about baseball, you may want to reassess your knowledge of the game.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

All I know is I've seen some damn good baseball this season & we've set a record for our attendance this early in the season. I bought season tickets thinking we wouldn't make many games until late April. Already made 7 games!

+ Reply to Thread