+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. SMU Downs @LATechWBB in OT

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Earns WNIT Berth

We got screwed.............

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    Why do I even let myself get excited about the possibility of hosting sunday night........
    You haven't learned your lesson about being a Tech fan obviously.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

If we had any of SMU's 3 centers tonight (6'6", 6'5", and 6'3") we win this game by 20 even with the horribly one-sided officiating.
    Same predictable problem we've had for ~30 years. And the beat goes on.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. SMU Downs @LATechWBB in OT

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Alicia Froling scored 28 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lead SMU to a 75-70 overtime win over Louisiana Tech Friday night at Moody Coliseum in the first round of the Women’s National Invitation Tournament.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    You haven't learned your lesson about being a Tech fan obviously.
    True. You'd think I would have, but i knew it would never happen. Maybe next year, right?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    If we had any of SMU's 3 centers tonight (6'6", 6'5", and 6'3") we win this game by 20 even with the horribly one-sided officiating.
    Same predictable problem we've had for ~30 years. And the beat goes on.
    We totally outplayed all but their star. Malone, Cleaver, LeBlanc, and even Moton took care of business in the paint. Their points came from some threes and a LOT of free throws. Malone was tough as nails, but had foul trouble the whole game. The officials called one of the worst games in my history as a fan. Some on SMU too.

Froling was VERY good for them, though.

There were 59 fouls called and 6 players fouled out in a non-physical game. Add to that the imaginary traveling calls and it was a recipe for disaster. We still let it slip away, but I am proud of this team - nothing was expected of them at the beginning of the season with a 3rd head coach in 4 years and a VERY young team.

Oh well, we are done! There will be a big time hunger for our young players next year!!!!!!!!

Gotta love Brooke and I have no doubt she is going to build this team into a power! Look out next year!
    https://www.facebook.com/LATechWBB/v...8431644725083/

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Yep, we played hard like we always do. But that doesn't change the fact that WE NEED A BIG CENTER like one of the THREE that SMU has! Frolic got so many FT attempts because we were too short to defend her and she just muscled up over us. They absolutely towered over our post players so all they had to do in the second half was pound it inside and if we helped with guards then they kicked it back outside for the uncontested three.

Until LA Tech can play straight up defense inside this will continue. The same goes for the men. Our deficiencies are exposed year after year inside when we go against big, physical teams. Our guards draw down inside to help and leave THEIR ASSIGNMENT WIDE OPEN! This has been played out in hundreds of LA Tech games over the past 20+ years.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Brooke will get it done.

First, how do you define "get it done?" The Final Four? Not necessarily. But, Brooke will elevate this program. That much I know.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Brooke will get it done.

First, how do you define "get it done?" The Final Four? Not necessarily. But, Brooke will elevate this program. That much I know.
    I agree! Loving me some Brooke.... Always have, actually. If she had taken over as Head Coach over Long, instead of as an Assistant to him, we would be in a different place right now. Water under the bridge. All I know is every time I hear her talk, it motivates ME to get out there and play basketball myself - which would not be very pretty. LOL

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

You heard her tell the players about focusing on the classroom. Just a snip-it of why Brooke is what we (what any school needs) need for our WBB program. WBB will never be a financial engine. There are other positives they bring. We want/need our WBB team to excel on the court, the best they can do, but more importantly, excel off the court. To be exemplary student-athletes in the classroom, in the community, to represent the university with class and character. And then become proud alums who will continue to support our alma mater.

Louisiana Tech has that covered....

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You heard her tell the players about focusing on the classroom. Just a snip-it of why Brooke is what we (what any school needs) need for our WBB program. WBB will never be a financial engine. There are other positives they bring. We want/need our WBB team to excel on the court, the best they can do, but more importantly, excel off the court. To be exemplary student-athletes in the classroom, in the community, to represent the university with class and character. And then become proud alums who will continue to support our alma mater.

Louisiana Tech has that covered....
    Amen!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice Tech crowd at the game. Dogwin was correct, we could use some more BIGS. SMU scored the last seven points in the 3rd quarter and controlled the 4th and OT. Good to see Kathy & Les Guice and Tommy McGlelland at the game.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

So close.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Nice Tech crowd at the game. Dogwin was correct, we could use some more BIGS. SMU scored the last seven points in the 3rd quarter and controlled the 4th and OT. Good to see Kathy & Les Guice and Tommy McGlelland at the game.
    I DO agree that we need some bigs, but the refs were out of control. By that time we had 4 players with 4 fouls and were inside players. Another one of our had already fouled out. The refs were really out of control. I did think we had a chance when they had their star post player foul out in OT.

+ Reply to Thread