+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well...

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Well...

Gotta flush it and win the next one. It really bites getting swept at home. Hats off to USM for playing solid all weekend. If it helps anyone understand that the baseball season is a marathon and not a sprint.

#5 team in the nation Florida gets swept by Auburn
    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2..._florid_1.html
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Re: Well...

Hate getting swept.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Starting pitchers really let us down this weekend. They gave up 18 runs in 11 innings. A 14.72 ERA by your starting staff is going to lead to a lot of sweeps. We have to get that corrected going into next weekend.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

To many walks. I haven't looked at the numbers, but it seemed like we had three times as many as they did. Our pitchers for the most part had no command of the strike zone.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

We have lost 4 of our last 6 baseball games and 5 of them were played at home. We now have a better road record 5-1 than home record 10-4 and we are in last place and winless in C-USA.

On the bright side, at least we didn't have to wait until the end of the regular season to take our annual beating from USM heading into the CUSA tournament!!!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Is it really a sweep if your beat writer only covered 1 game?

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I am curious why we chose to change our starting rotation after starting 15-2 and going into conference play. Has there been any reason given for that?

We were not ready to be the hunted and I hope we learn from this weekend and can move forward. I'm not too concerned at this point but if we keep pitching like we did this weekend that could change.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    I am curious why we chose to change our starting rotation after starting 15-2 and going into conference play. Has there been any reason given for that?

Yes the reason(s)...

Injury and "illness"

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I can live with that but we need to get Linc back in the rotation and I don't think I like the idea of Harris going into the rotation. I am afraid that is an over reaction. Our pitching will improve when we are not facing usm every game and he can impact 2 games of the weekend from the pen. I'd stick with him out there especially since we don't have anyone comparable to fill the closer role.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    I can live with that but we need to get Linc back in the rotation and I don't think I like the idea of Harris going into the rotation. I am afraid that is an over reaction. Our pitching will improve when we are not facing usm every game and he can impact 2 games of the weekend from the pen. I'd stick with him out there especially since we don't have anyone comparable to fill the closer role.
    Linck will start tomorrow vs. SFA. Hopefully he will be back in form, will only have to go a couple or three innings, and be ready for the weekend. I don't expect him to start Nate. It was probably a rant directed to our starter(s).

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Burroughs did not hesitate in making Nate Harris a starter in the post game interview. Harris has the 2nd lowest ERA among all CUSA pitchers. Leaving Sutton in the game Sunday too long was a huge contributor to the loss. Harris took control after Sutton was rocked but it was too late. Coaching error.

La Tech also leads CUSA in strikeouts by batters. It has been a huge problem all year and clearly Burroughs nor Zulli know how to fix it.

Of course our bats consistently not showing up until the 5th inning or so in big games is another lingering liability.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Linck will start tomorrow vs. SFA. Hopefully he will be back in form, will only have to go a couple or three innings, and be ready for the weekend. I don't expect him to start Nate. It was probably a rant directed to our starter(s).
    I wondered the same and hope you are right about all of that.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

WE lost 2 of the first 3 conference series last year vs much lesser competition...

I'm concerned about our starting rotation - there is NO Phil Diehl on this staff and there is no Nate Harris to get us to Adkins like last year

Yes we are leaving too many runners in scoring position but that tends to balance out over the course of a 53 game season

Daigle is struggling with vision and confidence but the rest of our hitters are there - 7 runs a games should be MORE than enough to win most nearly every game except for FREAKISH wind games like the 2nd Arkansas game

I'll take 15-5 over the next 20 and be very satisfied
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Losing 1-2 in each of our first two CUSA road swings last year was respectable. NOBODY came into Ruston last year and won a series, much less swept Tech 3 games! USM did it this year and came close to 10-RUN RULING us TWICE (down by 9 on Sat and down by 7 on Sun) in the last two games of the series!

I would be dancing in the streets if this team is 15-5 over our next 20 games! That's the point- we've played 14 home games and only 6 road games thusfar and we're 2-4 in our last 6 games. Of our next 20 games just 7 will be in Ruston and 13 will be on the road. UL-Laf barely missed sweeping USM this year 3 games, but lost the Sun game in the 11th inning.

We need to stop living off memories of last season and start digging ourselves out of LAST PLACE in CUSA baseball. Finding a way to:
    1. Not lead the conference in strikeouts stranding double-digit base runners,
    2. Not leaving a struggling starting pitcher in to get hammered on 7 earned runs before he is FINALLY replaced, and
    3. Getting some offensive scoring production before about the 5th-6th innings of games

would all be a very welcome start!

+ Reply to Thread