+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Back-to-Back-to-Back-to-Back Bowl Champions

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Back-to-Back-to-Back-to-Back Bowl Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    You need to get out more often.
    The man crush continues

Quote Originally Posted by Terence32 View Post
    Speaking from experience, Hester is right
    Like I said only the ignorant and arrogant would make that mistake.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Terence32 View Post
    Speaking from experience, Hester is right
    Not a problem for those in the DC area. ULL and Louisiana Tech are not as well known, but they are not confused for one another...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Not a problem for those in the DC area. ULL and Louisiana Tech are not as well known, but they are not confused for one another...
    FWIW, that's not what Hester said. He said people confused us with ULL BECAUSE we were winning.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    FWIW, that's not what Hester said. He said people confused us with ULL BECAUSE we were winning.
    I know, but confusing us with ULL is still the two schools being confused for one another. The stupidity of Hester's statement is horrendous, as ULL only started "winning" in football from 2011-2014, sandwiched by 3-9 & 4-8 seasons. They were not "winning" in basketball in recent memory, and their only claim to recent fame besides their 4 seasons of success has been their softball and baseball seasons. We were receiving votes in 2011, ranked in 2012 (followed by the bad press with the bowl), then plummeted in 2013, and then crushed ULL both in 2014 & 2015. So the only year Hester could have gotten such a stupid viewpoint was in 2013, probably when Holtz got him to join our staff. If one year is enough to make people forget Tech and claim anyone beside LSU in Louisiana who is winning after that is ULL, they are not well versed, and PD is right, they are ignorant. And such confusion does not occur in the DC area (in my experiences). Maybe it happens more often in Southern Louisiana where ULL is based

Of course, if Hester was talking about the New Orleans bowl, where ULL had won 4 straight times (with 2 wins vacated), then I could sympathize with him there. When we won it in 2015 it had been ULL the previous 4 years, so it could confuse the casual observer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    I know, but confusing us with ULL is still the two schools being confused for one another. The stupidity of Hester's statement is horrendous, as ULL only started "winning" in football from 2011-2014, sandwiched by 3-9 & 4-8 seasons. They were not "winning" in basketball in recent memory, and their only claim to recent fame besides their 4 seasons of success has been their softball and baseball seasons. We were receiving votes in 2011, ranked in 2012 (followed by the bad press with the bowl), then plummeted in 2013, and then crushed ULL both in 2014 & 2015. So the only year Hester could have gotten such a stupid viewpoint was in 2013, probably when Holtz got him to join our staff. If one year is enough to make people forget Tech and claim anyone beside LSU in Louisiana who is winning after that is ULL, they are not well versed, and PD is right, they are ignorant. And such confusion does not occur in the DC area (in my experiences). Maybe it happens more often in Southern Louisiana where ULL is based
    Thank goodness our AD and football strength coach have made us legit in the last couple of years. Maybe that's why football attendance has been up so much?

Thank goodness our AD and football strength coach have made us legit in the last couple of years. Maybe that's why football attendance has been up so much?
    Did we even have an athletic department before McClellan? No wonder we are being confused with other programs

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Living outside of Louisiana, people confuse us with ULL often. I correct them and they don't do it again. Ignorance not stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    . Ignorance not stupidity.
    That's what I said...ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Living outside of Louisiana, people confuse us with ULL often. I correct them and they don't do it again. Ignorance not stupidity.
    But do they do it because ULL was winning as compared to us? That made Hester's comment a little stupid without any context. If Hester meant the NOBowl, maybe I can forgive that...

I should also note that since you live in Memphis, Tennessee, i.e. within striking distance of MTSU and WKU, two former Sun Belt rivals with ULL, I could see some of the locals being ignorant of the ULL-Tech difference, as WKU/MTSU replaced ULL with Tech in the last few years as conference mates. It would probably take some corrections to the casual observer, especially with such an identity fickle school as ULL, as they may have assumed ULL changed their name again . In DC, we don't have local Sun Belt schools, so such issues are less prevalent.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

My neighbor a Ok State alum mentioned they were playing a La. team and wanted to know if that was TECH. My reply "No Bill that is ull. Those are the guys we all make fun of in La.!"
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    My neighbor a Ok State alum mentioned they were playing a La. team and wanted to know if that was TECH. My reply "No Bill that is ull. Those are the guys we all make fun of in La.!"
    I have found that most "big school fans" are a low college football IQ.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I have found that most "big school fans" are a low college football IQ.
    So true . . . and we meet them every day.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread