+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong????

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: Is it wrong????

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    His ambition alone will move him along. He's crawling out of his skin. He'll take an AD spot at a CUSA or AAC school, or a Asst AD position at a P5, or a conference asst commish. And his pitch will be that he accomplished stuff in spite of lil' ol' Tech and lil' ol' Ruston. I give it 1-2 more years.

As for Mike White ... I'll follow with casual interest. If he succeeds, great. If he doesn't, no sweat off my back.
    I don't see any AAC school giving him the top job. I also cannot imagine he could get a better job in CUSA. I suppose an Asst AD job at a P5 might be possible. Assuming the money is better than here at Tech perhaps that might provide his exit. Personally, I do not have confidence he can lead us to the top of CUSA or get us in the AAC. As I get older I have less patience in seeing Tech reach what I perceive as our full potential.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Because NCAA rules were broken. McClelland blocked Stapleton's transfer to UF because there was tampering involved and he and his family lied to Tech. He fully released the others who cooperated in compliance. You are comparing apples to oranges.
    Well rules may have been broken. I see it almost like when an employee wants to leave, sometimes you can take it personally, but the bottom line is if they feel like they would be happier going it is usually best to let them go. Also, these are kids we are talking about. I usually feel the players are committing more to the coaching staff than to the school. Lastly, I feel we have gained more recently than we have lost with transfers. I can appreciate and respect your point of view though.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

I didn't say that at all. He's obviously proven to be a great coach, but he's simply 0-for a lot of big games.

0 for 4 playing for Final Fours
    0 for 6 conference tourneys

He's 0 for 10 when it counts the most. It always ends in heartbreak for Mike White's teams.
    That's a bunch of crap. Winning a first-round, second-round and Sweet 16 game are all bigger wins than any NIT victory. The man led his team to being one of the final eight standing in the entire country. That's a huge, huge accomplishment. Knocking somebody for losing in the Elite 8, like many have done to Bill Self and you're doing to Mike White, is simply asinine. It's incredibly difficult to make it to the Elite 8, and even that much harder to win that game.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Yeah, why waste so much on MBB when we could put more into WBB where we have a real chance of winning!
    Too funny..........................

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Does Mike White winning a SS game help Tech? No? Then who cares?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Well rules may have been broken. I see it almost like when an employee wants to leave, sometimes you can take it personally, but the bottom line is if they feel like they would be happier going it is usually best to let them go. Also, these are kids we are talking about. I usually feel the players are committing more to the coaching staff than to the school. Lastly, I feel we have gained more recently than we have lost with transfers. I can appreciate and respect your point of view though.
    We probably are pretty much in agreement here. I'm generally of the opinion that kids should be able to go to school and transfer wherever they want. I don't like putting transfer restrictions on student-athletes, and I think that they should be let out of LOIs if they request it. However, when malfeasance is the reason an SA wants out, that's when I support the release with restrictions as in Stapleton's case.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    That's a bunch of crap. Winning a first-round, second-round and Sweet 16 game are all bigger wins than any NIT victory. The man led his team to being one of the final eight standing in the entire country. That's a huge, huge accomplishment. Knocking somebody for losing in the Elite 8, like many have done to Bill Self and you're doing to Mike White, is simply asinine. It's incredibly difficult to make it to the Elite 8, and even that much harder to win that game.
    Haters always gonna try to belittle the succeeders.

.............. However, when malfeasance is the reason an SA wants out, that's when I support the release with restrictions as in Stapleton's case.
    Pretty serious accusation to make when you have ZERO proof.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Those are the facts, like them or not. White was the favorite in every game in this tourney. He was gifted a clear path to the Final Four with other teams knocking out the 1, 2, and 3 seeds for him. He got to play the 1st and 2nd round games as home games just an hour and a half down the road, and then he got to play 7 and 8 seeds in the S16 and E8. It couldn't have gotten any easier for him. The fact is that White has lost the game that would've sent him to the Final Four each of the last four seasons. He lost every conference tourney, including 3 years as the 1 seed at Tech. Sorry he left you heartbroken again. I said he is a great coach (maybe you missed that). He just loses the biggest games every year.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 03-26-2017 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Pretty serious accusation to make when you have ZERO proof.
    Thanks, Dusty.

And actually there was proof that Stapleton and his family lied to Tommy in the emails that were FOIAed by TNS.

Thanks, Dusty.

And actually there was proof that Stapleton and his family lied to Tommy in the emails that were FOIAed by TNS.
    Wait a minute, I thought you were referring to mw, not "Dusty" or "Stapleton and his family" ??

Wait a minute, I thought you were referring to mw, not "Dusty" or "Stapleton and his family" ??
    Several of y'all have made some really poor assumptions in this thread. I posted what I posted. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Does Mike White winning a SS game help Tech? No? Then who cares?
    At least we got our name called several times on CBS TV, and we haven't had us to watch for quite some time now .............................

Several of y'all have made some really poor assumptions in this thread. I posted what I posted. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Heck; there I thought you were accusing mw of malfeasance, and you were really accusing "Stapleton and his family" of malfeasance.

My Bad.

Heck; there I thought you were accusing mw of malfeasance, and you were really accusing "Stapleton and his family" of malfeasance.

My Bad.
    No, I said Stapleton and his family lied, which was shown in the FOIAed emails.

+ Reply to Thread