+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We get to play in new Raiders stadium in 2020

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

We get to play in new Raiders stadium in 2020

I think I'll try to make this one!

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Re: We get to play in new Raiders stadium in 2020

Dang I didn't even think about that.

Wait... will this be the first ever collegiate game there???

Puppy TheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Why would we be playing in that stadium? I know we play at UNLV that year, but from what I see (http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-20/2...l-schedule.php), the game will be played in Sam Boyd Stadium (UNLV's stadium). Unless i just haven't seen something and UNLV is going to use Raider Stadium for their home games

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustonRustler View Post
    Why would we be playing in that stadium? I know we play at UNLV that year, but from what I see (http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-20/2...l-schedule.php), the game will be played in Sam Boyd Stadium (UNLV's stadium). Unless i just haven't seen something and UNLV is going to use Raider Stadium for their home games
    From what I've read, UNLV intends to use the new Raiders Stadium. If the Raiders didn't move to Las Vegas they were going to build a new stadium for themselves, but with the move now official they plan to just co-inhabit that stadium. FBschedules just likely hasn't updated yet.

Puppy TheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    From what I've read, UNLV intends to use the new Raiders Stadium.
    ah ok. Hadn't seen anything about co-usage of the stadium. Guess i need to research some more lol. Should be interesting with them using such a big stadium, with UNLV only averaging 19k in attendence for home games in 2015. Raider Stadium will look awfully empty on saturdays.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustonRustler View Post
    ah ok. Hadn't seen anything about co-usage of the stadium. Guess i need to research some more lol. Should be interesting with them using such a big stadium, with UNLV only averaging 19k in attendence for home games in 2015. Raider Stadium will look awfully empty on saturdays.
    My thoughts as well. Much better to fill a small stadium than have a large stadium mostly empty. Never been to Sam Boyd, so I don't know what kind of condition it's in, but I have a hard time thinking this is a good idea for them.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Maybe they'll have band day a la Gillette Stadium in 2016.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

The only reason they received public money was because UNLV would be a joint tenant

https://www.google.com/amp/collegefo...h-raiders/amp/

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Maybe they'll have band day a la Gillette Stadium in 2016.
    UH found this out several years ago. For years they played to crowds of 25,000 to 30,000 (more than UNLV I know) in the old Astrodome which seated about 50,000 for football. We played them in their first game back on campus and the stadium was packed (we won by the way). It barely held 25,000 then. Then they slowly built attendance and have a new stadium on campus which they almost fill for every game.

As a footnote we played the first college game in Houston's Reliant (NRG) Stadium. They let us use it for free so I guess Rice got to keep all the gate receipts. I remember that the parking cost as much as the game tickets.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    UH found this out several years ago. For years they played to crowds of 25,000 to 30,000 (more than UNLV I know) in the old Astrodome which seated about 50,000 for football. We played them in their first game back on campus and the stadium was packed (we won by the way). It barely held 25,000 then. Then they slowly built attendance and have a new stadium on campus which they almost fill for every game.

As a footnote we played the first college game in Houston's Reliant (NRG) Stadium. They let us use it for free so I guess Rice got to keep all the gate receipts. I remember that the parking cost as much as the game tickets.
    And we could not stop the option that night, either.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

UNLV and the Raiders will both use the stadium, but UNLV will have trouble filling it. Sam Boyd Stadium (formerly the Silver Bowl) holds about 40K and the new stadium will hold about 70K. The current plan for Rebel games is to seat everyone in the lower section and close the top. It's going to be a nice place, so it would be cool if we get to play (and win) the first college game ever played there.

This is huge for UNLV football. Sam Boyd Stadium is about a half hour drive from campus, and getting students to attend games has been a problem for years. It is also on the opposite side of the valley from most of the growth in the last 20 years, and nobody wants to drive that far to see a bad team play. It might sound crazy, but don't be surprised if this stadium puts UNLV in the Pac-12 on the next round of conference shake-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    UNLV and the Raiders will both use the stadium, but UNLV will have trouble filling it. Sam Boyd Stadium (formerly the Silver Bowl) holds about 40K and the new stadium will hold about 70K. The current plan for Rebel games is to seat everyone in the lower section and close the top. It's going to be a nice place, so it would be cool if we get to play (and win) the first college game ever played there.

This is huge for UNLV football. Sam Boyd Stadium is about a half hour drive from campus, and getting students to attend games has been a problem for years. It is also on the opposite side of the valley from most of the growth in the last 20 years, and nobody wants to drive that far to see a bad team play. It might sound crazy, but don't be surprised if this stadium puts UNLV in the Pac-12 on the next round of conference shake-ups.
    How far is the new stadium from their campus?

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

The campus is just east of the strip. The stadium location hasn't "officially" been chosen, but it is going to be just south and west of the strip. Traffic will probably be a nightmare in the beginning, but it will be in a great location, with easy access to I-15. Short drive from campus.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

Just another damn non-conference road game.

+ Reply to Thread