+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UTEP

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: UTEP

Best part about SC winning the NC, is that Moo State was not the best team in the tourney. Pigtails and UCONN lost to Moo State and now they can't say, well, Moo State was awesome and over-whelming champs. Nope! SC would have whipped both by double-digits.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    SC wins the NC. The memory will be of a team who lost the NC, but won a historic game in the semis.

WBB...gotta love it.
    Nice having you over here. Maddawg would never have written this!

Also very pleased to see SC coach Dawn Staley get the NC.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I am not close to saying we are seeing the end to UConn's dominance, but we may be beginning to see the beginning of some cracks in their armor. With them in the AAC and not making it to the championship game, there is a good possibility that the P5 conferences will start to take over. Recruiting just became tougher for them. They can still get close to the best, but will have plenty of competition for the top high school players from here on out.

Their advantage outlasted us, because they had the Big East name behind them for a long time. That is gone. We all knew that when we fell, it would be extremely tough to get back. Barmore alone kept up at the top or close. Geno may be able to do that for a while, but I don't think you will see UConn completely rule WBB over the next 5 years anything like what they have done recently.
    I doubt it. Everyone knew this was a down year for them (making the final four in a down year isn't bad). Next year they have three new top five players coming in -- and lose only one significant player. They're not going anywhere until Geno retires.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    I doubt it. Everyone knew this was a down year for them (making the final four in a down year isn't bad). Next year they have three new top five players coming in -- and lose only one significant player. They're not going anywhere until Geno retires.
    You may be right. I guess I am saying that it will take a bad year (this really isn't that) and they will have a tough time climbing back up. If they are still loaded this year, they will make another run at it. This is a crack in their recruiting, hopefully, though.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I predict UCONN wins the WBB NC in 2018. And, there's a 99% probability they will be unbeaten too.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

As long as they are TeamESPN, I just don't see a crack in their recruiting. If you're top female athlete and you know you'll spend a lot more time on TV, have a better chance at a national title and possibly even have a better chance at the Olympics, why would you go anywhere else? I'm impressed that Kim and Staley and McGraw are doing as well as they are considering how badly the deck is stacked against them.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

wbb is in big trouble -

Talking about moving Regional Finals back to campus sites due to very poor attendance - 3,000 actual or so in most instances

This will only make UConn and Baylor that more formidable
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread