+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Football. TV Selections Announced for Two LA Tech Football Games - latechsports.com

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: Football. TV Selections Announced for Two LA Tech Football Games - latechsports.c

Just glad that everyone will get to see JMar and the rest of the LaTech Bulldogs Whoop up on some Miss State Bulldogs on National TV!

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Football. TV Selections Announced for Two LA Tech Football Games - latechsports.c

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    It is that bad. You're paying for lousy service. That happened way too many times for me. Generally right in the middle of a program. I don't watch much TV, so I don't want what I am watching cut off. All they need to do is boost the signal. I
    If you had one of the newer oval-shaped dishes and had it aimed properly at the satellite arc, the signal should have only gone out just before the strongest storms arrived.

Light rain showers should not have caused any signal outage at all if the peak satellite signals were shown at 98s or 99s in good weather. If the signal did go out, it was a bad alignment and a service tech needed to come take a look.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

My service tech said I was receiving the best signal possible . . . better than what he got at his house.

Hey, it's satellite. $hit happens in the air between my house and the bird.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I just wish C-USA could have gotten a deal with someone like Fox, instead of a third-rate soccer channel owned by Al Jazeera that is really only popular in the Middle East and France...

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    I just wish C-USA could have gotten a deal with someone like Fox, instead of a third-rate soccer channel owned by Al Jazeera that is really only popular in the Middle East and France...
    Fox offered a deal - CUSA declined because it mandated Tuesday & Wednesday conference games...

This has been pointed out many times
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Yeah, we'd have been on TV, but we'd have had 10,000 people at the games.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Nobody knows exactly what the negotiations on the current deal looked like. But the rumor circulating is that Fox's final offer was to move no more than 4 to 6 games per year to Tuesday/Wednesday. No school would have more than 1 game moved in any year and that no school would have more than one home game moved to Tuesday/Wednesday over the two-year life of the contract.

It's only speculation on my part, but I think it's safe to say - given the news reports that were circulating at the time - that the presidents believed the final deal they would get from ESPN/ASN/BEIN, which didn't include any mid-week games, was going to have far greater value. They thought they might lose some value on the deal but didn't realize the money was going to plummet.

I suspect the league was given bad advice by the consultants they were using. Had they known what they were getting into I think it's safe to say the presidents would have taken Fox's final offer. We would be giving up one home-game weekend every two years for a mid-week game.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I believe that would depend on who we were playing and if if meant something. The only Wednesday night game I remember we played Hawaii in a red out game and had a very good crowd, especially the students. The game was on ESPN national TV with their best announcing team.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Is a Tuesday game any worse than a Thursday game? We had 17k for WKU on Thursday this year (had 22-23k on Saturdays).

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I believe that would depend on who we were playing and if if meant something. The only Wednesday night game I remember we played Hawaii in a red out game and had a very good crowd, especially the students. The game was on ESPN national TV with their best announcing team.
    That was the FIRST red-out game and it had some novelty to it -

Not so much anymore...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    Is a Tuesday game any worse than a Thursday game? We had 17k for WKU on Thursday this year (had 22-23k on Saturdays).
    As an out of town season ticket holder, I prefer Saturday>>>Friday>>Thursday>Tuesday.

I'm 99% probable to come in for a Saturday game with odds lessening as displayed above.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    That was the FIRST red-out game and it had some novelty to it -

Not so much anymore...
    I didn't realize that. But I also think it was hyped a lot more than we ever do today.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realize that. But I also think it was hyped a lot more than we ever do today.
    Something wrong with three tweets the morning of?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Based on last years TV numbers here's what left
    10 beIn sports
    15 New ASN/Campus Insider TV
    10 Espn3
    6 New ASN/Campus Insider Digital

So adding 12 CBS/ESPN games - that's 53/86 games on TV/Streaming

I'm thinking other games will be on ESPN3 - UNT, MTSU, ODU, FIU, etc home games

There will probably be very few cusa.tv football games.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

We/C-USA must solidify contact with Shreveport, Monroe/El Dorado, Alexandria TV markets (so many digital channels are available) for football and basketball, while at the same time targeting those markets for games played in Ruston. If folks can attend, they will attend. Yes online streaming is great. "Owning" a market is so important, too.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread