+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Releases

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: Releases

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    That is not necessarily true. At the end of each year kids have the option to ask for a release. The starting point guard at Maryland has asked for a release. Reports are that she is homesick and wants to go back to Idaho. 2 highly recruited players from Notre Dame are transferring. 1 of those players was the Gatorade HS player of the year in 2016. There is a thread on the Rebkell message board site EACH year devoted to transfers.
    4 at one time does make you wonder. When you bring in a new coach though, it happens a lot- for a variety of reasons.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    4 at one time does make you wonder. When you bring in a new coach though, it happens a lot- for a variety of reasons.
    I think that is the key. New coach and new system. We can expect to see a lot more of Brooke's system this next year. Players have a choice on if they want to be in that system. I don't want to keep a player that doesn't have complete buy in. I wish them all the luck going forward, but if some choose another program/system/coach, that is up to them and it opens things up for players that have complete buy in....

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I think that is the key. New coach and new system. We can expect to see a lot more of Brooke's system this next year. Players have a choice on if they want to be in that system. I don't want to keep a player that doesn't have complete buy in. I wish them all the luck going forward, but if some choose another program/system/coach, that is up to them and it opens things up for players that have complete buy in....
    I agree. She had them competing this year- hopefully they will keep on improving, with the players that want to be here.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovebball View Post
    I am seriously disappointed in your response, philgarris, especially when you tout yourself as a basketball coach (and why would you disrespect those other programs like that?) I thought you would understand a little bit better than other posters.
    I'm going to post this scenario and let me know HONESTLY what you all think. Let's say you work for your dream company and you put in extra time, team building exercises, and classes to help the company be successful. Others on your team only care about themselves, don't put in the extra time and schooling, but get the raises and promotions. What should you do, stay because you are "loyal" to your company or move on to where you are appreciated for you hard work as a team player in order to build a successful company?
    My other question is, why is the player always being scrutinized for leaving, instead of asking the coach why she/he couldn't keep them? Many times people are too quick to say "see ya" when someone leaves instead of asking the question "why"? Or maybe people don't want to know the real reason, because it's easier to blame the player instead of asking the tough questions.
    Mental midget or Mental Giant, that is it in a nutshell, Athletes that want to be part of the program will be, if they are not cut out for it then they will find a better fit for them.
    We knew coming in we would have some that would not make it and if after a year in the program that is new they feel they need to go somewhere else then that is for them to move on, The coaching staff needs people that want to be part of a winning program and willing to do what it takes to be part of that program.

I have always told any athlete that wanted to transfer or walk away to make sure of their choice because I will support them in whatever they want to do but if they don't make the change within they will wake up on day saying "Welcome to McDonalds may I take your order at 40 yrs old" because it was always someone else holding them down and not understanding they hold themselves down and back.

I am not saying working for McDonalds is a bad thing but if you settle for it when you have the opportunity to thrive above it that is your own fault and you must own that.

I am sure in reference to your other question any of the players that leave will have that answer if they just ask the coach, it isn't our business as fans why they didn't stay just like the conversation the coach has with them about their part is between the athlete and coach.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

I do have the inside scoop, but every time I post either I'm accused of lusting after a player or I'm a Coach Brooke hater, which is sooo fricking annoying. No one takes anything seriously if you don't go with the norm, which is everything is perfect on the LaTech women's basketball team.
    The inside scoop would be what you have been told by the coaches themselves, I am not sure maybe the coaches have confided that, but if your going off half a story and not both sides you don't have the scoop, you have one side of a story.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

so does anyone have any idea on which players are leaving that they can share?

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    so does anyone have any idea on which players are leaving that they can share?
    I don't know anything for certain but I am guessing one is Dawn Gibson and I think the former coaching staff did her an injustice by signing her because she was in over her head from the moment she stepped on campus, she is much better suited for DIII or lower level NAIA school, that would give her the chance to thrive at a program where she could be a big fish in a small pond.

I remember watching her play the first time and she just looked like a deer caught in headlights and that is not fair to her. I really hope she will look at going to Warner Southern or maybe St. Leo where she could look at schools that are more in line with athletic ability.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I do have the inside scoop, but every time I post either I'm accused of lusting after a player or I'm a Coach Brooke hater, which is sooo fricking annoying. No one takes anything seriously if you don't go with the norm, which is everything is perfect on the LaTech women's basketball team.
    Aahhhh.....okay...I get it now. You're making the foolish mistake of caring too much about what some of these clowns think.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I am now Post #45 in this BREAKING NEWS thread and the "news" has yet to break . . . .
    Are you saying our Breaking News break is broken, that the brakes are on the Breaking News, or that the Breaking News being broken is just a bad break?

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    If 4 players have ask for releases, then something is not alright with the program!
    Whether it proves to be good for the program or bad is yet to be determined tho!
    There is nothing wrong with the program or our head coach. Ilovebball has the players' perspective only.

In business, I've fired many people. Most of the people I have fired...quit on their own.

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    Just seeking attention. Excessive Attention Seekers did not get the attention they required from their parents.
    Let me backtrack on this.

I lheartbball is a woman, mid 50's from Illinois. Her breaking news is coming from Santos herself. She will not be posting any of the alleged names.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

I lheartbball is a woman, mid 50's from Illinois. Her breaking news is coming from Santos herself. She will not be posting any of the alleged names.
    It would be an interesting spin if ILB was Santos herself...

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

You may be on to something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    It would be an interesting spin if ILB was Santos herself...

Puppy Ilovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her game

I have never hidden the fact that I am a woman from Illinois, but am not in my mid50's . I have a connection to LaTech because as I stated before I played division one basketball and have followed the program for many, many years. I am not part of the Santos family, but know of them and have followed all of their children throughout their basketball careers as I do with a lot of Illinois players, and not in a creepy way.

I thought by now the releases would have been made public by the school, that's why I have waited to respond. Anyway, to stop the insanity here are their names: Dawn Gipson, Ashley Reid, Jasmine LeBlanc, and Ashley Santos. I wish them all the best of luck at their new schools. Please be respectful and don't bash them because transferring is a difficult decision to make.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

I have never hidden the fact that I am a woman from Illinois, but am not in my mid50's . I have a connection to LaTech because as I stated before I played division one basketball and have followed the program for many, many years. I am not part of the Santos family, but know of them and have followed all of their children throughout their basketball careers as I do with a lot of Illinois players, and not in a creepy way.

I thought by now the releases would have been made public by the school, that's why I have waited to respond. Anyway, to stop the insanity here are their names: Dawn Gipson, Ashley Reid, Jasmine LeBlanc, and Ashley Santos. I wish them all the best of luck at their new schools. Please be respectful and don't bash them because transferring is a difficult decision to make.
    LeBlanc is the only one that will be missed, I thought Santos was getting ready to graduate anyway

+ Reply to Thread