+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Releases

Puppy Ilovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her game

Re: Releases

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    LeBlanc is the only one that will be missed, I thought Santos was getting ready to graduate anyway
    Nice response, very respectful. Santos has already graduated and is working on her masters. She still has one more year to play bball.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovebball View Post
    I have never hidden the fact that I am a woman from Illinois, but am not in my mid50's . I have a connection to LaTech because as I stated before I played division one basketball and have followed the program for many, many years. I am not part of the Santos family, but know of them and have followed all of their children throughout their basketball careers as I do with a lot of Illinois players, and not in a creepy way.

I thought by now the releases would have been made public by the school, that's why I have waited to respond. Anyway, to stop the insanity here are their names: Dawn Gipson, Ashley Reid, Jasmine LeBlanc, and Ashley Santos. I wish them all the best of luck at their new schools. Please be respectful and don't bash them because transferring is a difficult decision to make.
    See . . . ? It only took 61 posts for you to write what you should have reported in your first post. If they play elsewhere more power to them. Good luck.

And, guess what? There are more players elsewhere.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

I wish all these young ladies the best at their new schools. I will always root for them. Once a Techster, always a Techster. All of that said, looking forward to the next group of signees and the upcoming season.
    Nice response, very respectful. Santos has already graduated and is working on her masters. She still has one more year to play bball.

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

I have never hidden the fact that I am a woman from Illinois, but am not in my mid50's . I have a connection to LaTech because as I stated before I played division one basketball and have followed the program for many, many years. I am not part of the Santos family, but know of them and have followed all of their children throughout their basketball careers as I do with a lot of Illinois players, and not in a creepy way.

I thought by now the releases would have been made public by the school, that's why I have waited to respond. Anyway, to stop the insanity here are their names: Dawn Gipson, Ashley Reid, Jasmine LeBlanc, and Ashley Santos. I wish them all the best of luck at their new schools. Please be respectful and don't bash them because transferring is a difficult decision to make.
    See was that so difficult? I knew if I said you were in your mid 50's you would spill the beans.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Techsters need to make a play for Notre Dame's Erin Boley who is transferring and played high school basketball w/ Sweets

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...ame/100296434/

Puppy Ilovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her gameIlovebball is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    See was that so difficult? I knew if I said you were in your mid 50's you would spill the beans.
    Sorry Mr. Canada my age is irrelevant, as displayed by the emoji, so don't pat yourself on the back. As I stated earlier I was waiting for it to be posted by the school, that's it! And no I don't need/want the attention, even though my mom did died recently, thanks for reminding me. Once again try to be respectful to these young ladies.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Sorry Mr. Canada my age is irrelevant, as displayed by the emoji, so don't pat yourself on the back. As I stated earlier I was waiting for it to be posted by the school, that's it! And no I don't need/want the attention, even though my mom did died recently, thanks for reminding me. Once again try to be respectful to these young ladies.
    that was uncalled for, no need to make insults

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

I'm not Canadian, I'm just stuck up here. But thanks for reminding me.

Techdawg: Ask champion110 and dawg 80, they know everything that is going on with the Lady Techsters, because they are bff with Coach Brooke.
    Now that's not very respectful, now is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    I'm not Canadian, I'm just stuck up here. But thanks for reminding me.

Now that's not very respectful, now is it?
    Obviously you have not followed the Lady Techsters discussion throughout this past season. My comment about them being bff's with Coach Brooke has been solidified by them, not me. No disrespect was intended. I just raised the question as to what they knew about the transfers, because during this season they have always responded with affirmation from the coaches, that's all, nothing more.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck to all of these transfers! I will always wish Tech student athletes the best for their future, no matter if they choose to go elsewhere. Can't wait to see the new recruits for our Lady Techster program now!!!!

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Thank you! I have always admired Ashley Santos, and even more so following the departure of the previous HC. It seems there are a lot of "graduate transfers" in all sports. I wish all of the transfers only the best as they move on to other schools.

For what it is worth, my favorite Lady Techsters are McCutchen, McLeod, Cleaver, and Malone so I'm good.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Thank you! I have always admired Ashley Santos, and even more so following the departure of the previous HC. It seems there are a lot of "graduate transfers" in all sports. I wish all of the transfers only the best as they move on to other schools.

For what it is worth, my favorite Lady Techsters are McCutchen, McLeod, Cleaver, and Malone so I'm good.
    It's difficult to be ones left behind by a previous regime. Deputies who campaign for one sheriff are pretty much guaranteed to be out of work if a different sheriff wins. Unless players "buy in" to the new system, then it can be a long road. In the end coaches usually want "their people". You wish people well no matter what.

But you can't fault the coaches or the players in this. I think that's what someone has chose to do.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    It's difficult to be ones left behind by a previous regime. Deputies who campaign for one sheriff are pretty much guaranteed to be out of work if a different sheriff wins. Unless players "buy in" to the new system, then it can be a long road. In the end coaches usually want "their people". You wish people well no matter what.

But you can't fault the coaches or the players in this. I think that's what someone has chose to do.
    Very true. Santos saw her playing time greatly reduced and Kev Moten's playing time really took a hit. From what I have read, Santos and Moten were still good team members even though their playing time was slashed.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Very true. Santos saw her playing time greatly reduced and Kev Moten's playing time really took a hit. From what I have read, Santos and Moten were still good team members even though their playing time was slashed.
    I agree..... I have heard nothing but great things about Kev and Santos. Both seem to be exemplary people. They both played for 3 different Head Coaches in their college career (Kev all at Tech and Santos at Marquette and Tech). That has to be extremely difficult, but they handled it with grace. All my best wishes for both of these bright young ladies!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Brooke didn't have much to say, and I didn't push the subject. I got the feeling she views this as a "business decision." Comes with the territory.

But, from MY perspective, and this is strictly MY opinion, the Techsters have lacked true quality Division I talent. These players, all of them, not just the ones who left, had no business being in a Lady Techster uniform in the first place. They were 30-31 the previous two seasons and with proper coaching managed a winning season this past year. But it's impossible to soar with eagles when your players are turkeys. Well, yeah, to be fair, we do have a couple/few players, like Anthony, who are good. But overall, the players were in over the heads, better suited for playing for a Division II or NAIA school.

And it's also not just about on-the-court ability, pure basketball talent. Players also have to fit into the culture. Brooke has brought a serious, workman-like attitude to the program, much like her college coach....ahem. Most of the players could not adjust to the change, having been used to a loosy-goosy approach of the previous coach, who had things other than basketball on his mind.

This release of players is part of the purge that was needed to right the ship. For those remain, and buy into this new (although it is not new, it's tradition) culture they will excel, and achieve things they didn't think possible.

Again, most of what I posted comes from me. It comes from my knowing Brooke and how she approaches the job. Coach Brooke has NOT told me most of what I posted here, so don't assume she views this as a "purge" and some of the other things I stated here. Remember the first line of this post.

+ Reply to Thread