+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tulane, Southern Miss schedule future four-game football series

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tulane, Southern Miss schedule future four-game football series

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And the timing was great for them, not so great for us.

In 1998 Tulane was unbeaten and ended up ranked in the Top 10.

In 2013 we sucked, and even then, it was a HORRIBLE call on TT's punt return for a TD (called back) that changed the outcome.

Let's catch Tulane in a year when things are normal: Tech has 8-9 wins, and Tulane a couple of wins.
    I also remember a dropped sure TD pass to one of our running backs in that 2013 game.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    That's the kind of misleading headline one would see in lib rags like the NY Times and Wash Post.
    Better than the misleading statement that they have never lost to us.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    Speaking from the viewpoint of a USM fan, this news is good to hear if for no other reason than Nw Orleans is close to Hattiesburg, so it is an easy game to attend for USM fans. I have been to more than one USM/Tulane game when they were playing in the Dome when there were more USM butts in the stands than Tulane fans.

Just my two cents on playing Tulane vs. playing Tech. Playing Tulane was rarely a big game when we played. The games with Tech are exciting and actually mean something. Wouldn't trade Tech for Tulane as a conference mate. Tech plays real football and your fans actually travel. Whatever happens in the future, I think USM and Tech will stay together in the same conference. This rivalry will continue to grow.
    Thanks, Spread. look forward to seeing your fans in Ruston this year.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    Speaking from the viewpoint of a USM fan, this news is good to hear if for no other reason than Nw Orleans is close to Hattiesburg, so it is an easy game to attend for USM fans. I have been to more than one USM/Tulane game when they were playing in the Dome when there were more USM butts in the stands than Tulane fans.

Just my two cents on playing Tulane vs. playing Tech. Playing Tulane was rarely a big game when we played. The games with Tech are exciting and actually mean something. Wouldn't trade Tech for Tulane as a conference mate. Tech plays real football and your fans actually travel. Whatever happens in the future, I think USM and Tech will stay together in the same conference. This rivalry will continue to grow.
    Don't tell The News-Star.

+ Reply to Thread