+ Reply to Thread

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Adds Junior College Sharp Shooter

Hybrid View

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Adds Junior College Sharp Shooter

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech coach Brooke Stoehr announced Monday that Hutchinson Community College guard Taylor Stahly has signed a national letter of intent to play for the Lady Techsters the next two years.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Adds Junior College Sharp Shooter

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to see more assists from her. But the rest of the stats look great!

"During her sophomore season at Hutchinson, the 5-foot-7-inch Stahly averaged 12.7 points, 2.0 assists and 2.0 rebounds per game while shooting 50 percent from the field, 48 percent from the three-point line and 84 percent from the free throw line. She ended her two-year career as the program and KJCCC all-time leader in three-pointers made with 227."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I would like to see more assists from her. But the rest of the stats look great!

"During her sophomore season at Hutchinson, the 5-foot-7-inch Stahly averaged 12.7 points, 2.0 assists and 2.0 rebounds per game while shooting 50 percent from the field, 48 percent from the three-point line and 84 percent from the free throw line. She ended her two-year career as the program and KJCCC all-time leader in three-pointers made with 227."
    I agree, but she appears to be more of a two guard that they fed the ball for three pointers when she was open.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Sounds like a nice pick up for Brook and co.. now where did the forward Z. Whitney come from! Did I miss something?

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Sounds like a nice pick up for Brook and co.. now where did the forward Z. Whitney come from! Did I miss something?
    Check out the Boom thread.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I agree, but she appears to be more of a two guard that they fed the ball for three pointers when she was open.
    You are probably right.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Curry changed basketball forever.

It's all about the long ball.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Curry changed basketball forever.
    It's all about the long ball.
    That's what we've been telling ourselves at Tech for nearly 30 years. It still isn't working. It's about BALANCE- INSIDE and OUT on both ends of the court.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

UCONN has "bigs" who can run the floor like guards. They use their size to dominate the paint when UCONN is in a half-court situation, on either defense or offense, but as mentioned, they don't wait to set up in a half-court offense, they push the ball up court whenever they can.

WBB is getting more and more athletic. If you truly want to compete at the elite level....i.e. be a consistent Elite Eight contender...then you have to have athletes. A big, slow, wide-bodied center can help win games against those teams ranked way up in RPI, like 100+. But that same slow center would be a major handicap vs. the likes of a UCONN. They would simply run by her.

I think the easiest path back to prominence for a program like Tech is to emphasize athletic forwards and shooting guards. The three-point line is a great equalizer, much like a spread offense allows Tech to compete with anyone in football. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    UCONN has "bigs" who can run the floor like guards. They use their size to dominate the paint when UCONN is in a half-court situation, on either defense or offense, but as mentioned, they don't wait to set up in a half-court offense, they push the ball up court whenever they can.

WBB is getting more and more athletic. If you truly want to compete at the elite level....i.e. be a consistent Elite Eight contender...then you have to have athletes. A big, slow, wide-bodied center can help win games against those teams ranked way up in RPI, like 100+. But that same slow center would be a major handicap vs. the likes of a UCONN. They would simply run by her.

I think the easiest path back to prominence for a program like Tech is to emphasize athletic forwards and shooting guards. The three-point line is a great equalizer, much like a spread offense allows Tech to compete with anyone in football. Just my opinion.
    From the look of our recruits this year, I believe Brooke agrees with you. I think we have a VERY athletic class coming in. On our return players, I hope that Malone and Cleaver continue to develop. Both are very special!

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

I agree. I also want to remind everyone about Nikki McDonald, the 6'0 transfer from Elon, who sat out last year. She will be a welcome addition to this team. If you watch any of the Elon film, you will see that she is not afraid to rebound and take open shots. And, she was the first signee that Brooke announced after she got the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    From the look of our recruits this year, I believe Brooke agrees with you. I think we have a VERY athletic class coming in. On our return players, I hope that Malone and Cleaver continue to develop. Both are very special!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    I agree. I also want to remind everyone about Nikki McDonald, the 6'0 transfer from Elon, who sat out last year. She will be a welcome addition to this team. If you watch any of the Elon film, you will see that she is not afraid to rebound and take open shots. And, she was the first signee that Brooke announced after she got the job.
    Looking forward to seeing McDonald on the court as well!
    Still would love more information on Z.Whitney if anyone has it!

+ Reply to Thread