Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
Question:

If USM wins today it appears we finish with second highest RPI in CUSA. Assuming committee takes (3) CUSA teams doesn't that bode-well for us??
The selection committee will have a very interesting case if USM beats Rice.

If that happens, C-USA looks like a 1-bid league with 4 teams just on the wrong side of the bubble: Tech, ODU, UNCC, FAU. Rice would be ineligible without a winning season even with a Top 50 RPI.

Would the selection committee only put in 1 team from the nation's No. 6 conference? I'd like to think not. Our prayer is for USM to win and for the committee to overlook of 5th place finish and dreadful finish in favor of our strong RPI compared to the other C-USA bubble teams. I'm guessing less than 10% chance. We no longer have a single Top 50 series win thanks to ODU's collapse. Does ODU have the best case to be the 2nd team from C-USA? Probably.

It's really interesting to compare C-USA to the Southland. The SLC is No. 12. The SLC has a bid thief plus to potential at-larges with Top 40 RPIs in SELA and McNeese. Would the committee give the #12 SLC 3 bids and #6 C-USA only 1? I hope not.