+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Baseball RPI

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Re: 2017 Baseball RPI

We averaged 7 runs per game coming in to tourney. We scored only 2 - it suffice to say we were below avg offensively & if we were even close to avg we likely win 1of the 2 or both.
    1/22 with runners on base- 19 Ks.
    Can't play like that this time of year & advance.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    We averaged 7 runs per game coming in to tourney. We scored only 2 - it suffice to say we were below avg offensively & if we were even close to avg we likely win 1of the 2 or both.
    1/22 with runners on base- 19 Ks.
    Can't play like that this time of year & advance.
    Small ball was the ticket...or if only we had not pitched Nate in game 1...or only if we had played those make up games...

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Or if this just wasn't the season of " it's just baseball"

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting weekend of college baseball. Tech, ODU, UL-Lafayette, Coastal Carolina, McNeese, and SELU all going winless in tournament play.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    You're right about small ball not being the answer. When you have a pitching staff like we have, it never is. This team has been streaky all year long. They just picked the absolute worst time you could possibly pick to go cold as ice.
    I can see not going small with 1st and 2nd with 0 out in the 1st. Don't take the bat away from the #3 spot.

But already behind when the same thing happened in the 2nd with the lower part of the order, the runners have to be moved over. I think Tech tried but just didn't get it done.

The team did not execute in any phase of the game in Hattiesburg. And that includes on the field, in the dugout, and in the coaches' boxes.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Interesting weekend of college baseball. Tech, ODU, UL-Lafayette, Coastal Carolina, McNeese, and SELU all going winless in tournament play.
    That's baseball!

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Question:

If USM wins today it appears we finish with second highest RPI in CUSA. Assuming committee takes (3) CUSA teams doesn't that bode-well for us??

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Question:

If USM wins today it appears we finish with second highest RPI in CUSA. Assuming committee takes (3) CUSA teams doesn't that bode-well for us??
    I'm not getting my hopes up.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Question:

My thoughts are we're out at this point. If we do somehow make it to a regional I'll be elated. I've learned with Tech sports it is always best to expect the worst and hope for the best to avoid disappointment.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Regardless of the rpi factor when it comes down to who beats who as much as I'd love for Tech to get an NCAA bid, I think Charlotte is more deserving.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Warren Nolan has USM predicted to win today and Louisiana Tech barely scraping by into the NCAA tournament. Now that would have to be a program first to not be on the outside looking in. http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2017/projection

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Warren Nolan has USM predicted to win today and Louisiana Tech barely scraping by into the NCAA tournament. Now that would have to be a program first to not be on the outside looking in. http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2017/projection
    that was before We were 0-2 in tournament

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    that was before We were 0-2 in tournament
    But strangely they list our record post tourney 36-20

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    What if he had "pursued" those games and not gotten them? Would you feel better? Who was available?

If only he had pitched Nate in game 2 vs. USM.
    Yes, I would've felt better if he tried.

IIRC: ULL, McNeese, and Arkansas were a few I found with openings on a quick search back then. I'm sure there were many more Top 50 to Top 100 teams available.

But it's the lack of seeing the need to try to add a couple games that really bothers me. I could see all this coming a mile away. Starting with scheduling a 3-game SWAC series to open with to refusing to try to replace the Arky State and ULM games. He (and our softball coach) stated over and over again that they have no clue how RPI works. All of this really bothers me. Are our diamond coaches really not that bright? It's not difficult to simulate RPI. I can easily do it in a spreadsheet along with probably every engineering and math major and professor at Tech. It's a really simple formula. They really need to seek the help they need to understand it because their ignorance will end up costing us big time.

By refusing to add a couple good games, Burroughs was basically telling our guys they had to be almost perfect down the stretch, basically winning 9 of our last 10 to secure an at-large bid heading into the C-USA Tourney. He should've known our lack of pitching depth after Nate didn't set us up well for success in the conference tourney. He put so much pressure on our guys down the stretch and gave us no room for error, which is not very smart in a sport like baseball.

And I'm still waiting for you to admit Pawdawg was wrong and Dawg06 was correct about the starting pitching strategy for the tourney. Times like this I hate being right.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    ODU won their opening tourney game vs. FIU.

McNeese State won their tourney opener vs. Lamar.

+ Reply to Thread