+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Baseball RPI

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Re: 2017 Baseball RPI

It's a good thing the team has a couple of days to put these last two sub standard performance losses behind them. We definitely need to get our minds right for a weekend sweep (knock on wood). They can do it... Go Dawgs!

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    They are 75. When are they going to drop Charlotte from projections?
    WarrenNolan already did this week. 3 C-USA teams in the latest projection...USM, Tech, ODU.

Tech RPI up to #37 as of this post after tonight's loss.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Big blown opportunity tonight. Gotta win out the regular season to take the pressure off of getting a few wins in Biloxi. Need two straight sweeps.
    Emotional over reaction here. The loss last night will not hurt our RPI any more than the loss on Sunday. At best we could be 35ish right now. We still have plenty of time to bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post

Tech RPI up to #37 as of this post after tonight's loss.
    We are at 39 this morning.

Varsity Bulldog rlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I agree with you PawDawg.

A series win over Marshall and a sweep of MTSU I think gets us in regardless of what happens in Biloxi. Last night's game didn't affect that.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

There are 31 auto-bids leaving 33 at-large bids. Some of the auto-bids are in the top 33...maybe half most years, something like that. So, generally speaking, if your RPI is in the Top 50 you should have a pretty good chance of selection. But the committee has its own fudge factors so as to show favoritism/bias against schools/teams/conferences. Don't assume you will get in....just because you should.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rlirette View Post
    Yeah I agree with you PawDawg.

A series win over Marshall and a sweep of MTSU I think gets us in regardless of what happens in Biloxi. Last night's game didn't affect that.
    I still think we need to win 2 in Biloxi. 2 and out hurts our RPI and looks bad to the committee. 1-2 would be a maybe IMO.

I don't expect us to sweep Middle.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    But the committee has its own fudge factors so as to show favoritism/bias against schools/teams/conferences. Don't assume you will get in....just because you should.
    Teams in the 40s get left out, but it's usually due to factors like quality wins. Do you have examples of past bias when a deserving team was left out?

Varsity Bulldog rlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    There are 31 auto-bids leaving 33 at-large bids. Some of the auto-bids are in the top 33...maybe half most years, something like that. So, generally speaking, if your RPI is in the Top 50 you should have a pretty good chance of selection. But the committee has its own fudge factors so as to show favoritism/bias against schools/teams/conferences. Don't assume you will get in....just because you should.
    "Life Lessons from dawg80"

I think the players shouldn't make that assumption but I will go ahead making the assumption that the 3rd best team in the 6th toughest conference will be in. Sorry.

I still think we need to win 2 in Biloxi. 2 and out hurts our RPI and looks bad to the committee. 1-2 would be a maybe IMO.

I don't expect us to sweep Middle.
    Just saying that would guarantee us a spot if we do what I said. I don't expect to us to beat middle 3 times in a row with our pitching staff.

We should at least win one in the tourney bc we have an all American pitching for us.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Emotional over reaction here. The loss last night will not hurt our RPI any more than the loss on Sunday. At best we could be 35ish right now. We still have plenty of time to bring it up.

We are at 39 this morning.
    Not an emotional reaction at all. Go back and read what I posted last week. I said we needed to win 8-9 of our last 10 for me to feel good about our at-large chances heading into the C-USA Tourney. We've already lost 2 of 4. You are only focused on what the RPI on WarrenNolan says each day and assume Top 45 earns an automatic at-large bid. A win last night would've bumped us up to ~31. That is a very big blown opportunity. This loss wasn't good for our resume at all even though it had little effect on our RPI. Now another one of our good midweek results is now a split... just like Arkansas and McNeese. And it gave a rival team with a good baseball reputation on the wrong side of the bubble a big boost. The FIU loss on Sunday wasn't as big a deal because we already won the series. We can't claim a split vs. ULL as a series win. At this point our only Top 100 series wins are Old Dominion (clinging to Top 50 at the moment), FIU (RPI 77), UTA (RPI 81), and Rice (who is 5 games below .500), and then we have a single midweek win over Mississippi State. That resume just isn't that impressive, definitely not as good as last year's resume. Our 2 remaining series are against 100+ RPI teams that won't help our RPI or resume at all.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 05-10-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Not an emotional reaction at all. Go back and read what I posted last week. I said we needed to win 8-9 of our last 10 for me to feel good about our at-large chances heading into the C-USA Tourney. We've already lost 2 of 4. You are only focused on what the RPI on WarrenNolan says each day and assume Top 45 earns an automatic at-large bid. A win last night would've bumped us up to ~31. That is a very big blown opportunity. This loss wasn't good for our resume at all even though it had little effect on our RPI. Now another one of our good midweek results is now a split... just like Arkansas and McNeese. And it gave a rival team with a good baseball reputation on the wrong side of the bubble a big boost. The FIU loss on Sunday wasn't as big a deal because we already won the series. We can't claim a split ULL as a series win. At this point our only Top 100 series wins are Old Dominion (clinging to Top 50 at the moment), FIU (RPI 77), and Rice (who is 5 games below .500), and then we have a single midweek win over Mississippi State. That resume just isn't that impressive, definitely not as good as last year's resume. Our 2 remaining series are against 100+ RPI teams that won't help our RPI or resume at all.
    Okay, I didn't realize it was common for low to mid 30 teams to be left out because they lacked enough quality wins.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Okay, I didn't realize it was common for low to mid 30 teams to be left out because they lacked enough quality wins.
    How we get to "low to mid 30" without sweeping these last two series?

How we get to "low to mid 30" without sweeping these last two series?
    The same way we did last year, by winning games in the tournament. We should be almost exactly where we were last year going in after the Rice series.

Losing one this weekend will likely put us in the low 40s.

Losing only one next weekend will keep us there.

This is fun right? Having a team now that has the chance of getting into the tournament with an at large bid so we can even be having these conversations. Loving it.

I understand your anxiety completely Dawg06, but I think as long as we can stay better than fau and charlotte we will be okay. Side note: a real wrench will be thrown into that plan if rice wins the cusa tourney... yikes!

Tech is last 4 in on baseball america

+ Reply to Thread