+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 UL-Laf Players Charged

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: 13 UL-Laf Players Charged

Much better "press" with stuff like this.

http://herosports.com/news/louisiana...-stitches-aiai

Jus' Sayin' ......................

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I don't blame ULL for this incident..
    1 or 2 involved and might be inclined to see your point. But it was 13. Points to systematic issues with the culture and ethics of the football program which is part of the athletic department which is the window to the university.

In this case, blame away.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

I spent all day today in Lafayette. The ULL fans that I work with there are completely disgusted about what happened and they all want Hudspeth fired NOW. And for what it's worth, these same Cajun fans are telling me that unless the ongoing coverup efforts are successful, there will be more arrests of ULL football players that stem from a recent home invasion. These ULL fans are very involved with ULL sports and are usually in the know about the goings on over there. If they're right about this home invasion business, there are some very, very dark days ahead for ULL football.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I spent all day today in Lafayette. The ULL fans that I work with there are completely disgusted about what happened and they all want Hudspeth fired NOW. And for what it's worth, these same Cajun fans are telling me that unless the ongoing coverup efforts are successful, there will be more arrests of ULL football players that stem from a recent home invasion. These ULL fans are very involved with ULL sports and are usually in the know about the goings on over there. If they're right about this home invasion business, there are some very, very dark days ahead for ULL football.
    Darker days. They're only marginally better than ULM.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I hope they keep Hud forever!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Pour it on them. Dont forget...

ULL suspends 4 players for locker room video involving 'F*** Donald Trump' song
    http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...s-donald-trump

Exam fraud, recruit payments among NCAA accusations against UL-Lafayette
    http://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/...b42c4de52.html

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

So if Hud was fired, they would have to pay his remaining contract costs, plus a new coach, plus deal with all the bad press they've been receiving. He'd be payed 1M a year for the remainder of his contract term, right?

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    He'd be payed 1M a year for the remainder of his contract term, right?
    Probably not if he was fired "for cause". They could think of something, with all the cheating and everything else going on. If things got bad enough they might convince him to resign to keep from being blamed and ruining his reputation, whatever that was worth.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Probably not if he was fired "for cause". They could think of something, with all the cheating and everything else going on. If things got bad enough they might convince him to resign to keep from being blamed and ruining his reputation, whatever that was worth.
    I think even I could represent him and win if he got fired for the things that happened earlier. At this point, they have no cause to fire him (that has been made public).

They can't afford to fire him until the price of oil gets up a bit.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I think even I could represent him and win if he got fired for the things that happened earlier. At this point, they have no cause to fire him (that has been made public).

They can't afford to fire him until the price of oil gets up a bit.
    So assuming some big boosters are "fed-up" with Hud, and decide to stop donating towards his salary, can they? And if so, what would such a school do to pay for the guaranteed $1M/y?

Of course if I'm totally off-base on understanding coaching contracts, please let me know...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    So assuming some big boosters are "fed-up" with Hud, and decide to stop donating towards his salary, can they? And if so, what would such a school do to pay for the guaranteed $1M/y?

Of course if I'm totally off-base on understanding coaching contracts, please let me know...
    I'm not an attorney, but "for cause" was probably passed on after the testing scandal. Of course he didn't know it was going on. They missed their chance. Here are some of the typical "for cause" listings...

• Fraud, embezzlement, or theft;
    • Willful misconduct damaging to the company, its reputation, products, services, or customers;
    • Intentional violation of any law or regulation;
    • Any unauthorized disclosure of any trade secret or confidential information of the company or a subsidiary;
    • Continued failure to perform duties owed to the company; and
    • Being charged with a felony or a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not an attorney, but "for cause" was probably passed on after the testing scandal. Of course he didn't know it was going on.
    If the university fired Coach Hudspeth over the NCAA violations now, then it would open up another can of worms. Why didn't ULL fire him then? What evidence came to light all of a sudden that wasn't made public way when the investigation was ongoing or ended?

If UL-Lafayette had evidence that Coach Hud knew what was going on with the cheating scandal and covered up/didn't act on information, then I would consider that as "for cause".

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I'm not an attorney, but "for cause" was probably passed on after the testing scandal. Of course he didn't know it was going on. They missed their chance. Here are some of the typical "for cause" listings...
    • Fraud, embezzlement, or theft;
    • Willful misconduct damaging to the company, its reputation, products, services, or customers;
    • Intentional violation of any law or regulation;
    • Any unauthorized disclosure of any trade secret or confidential information of the company or a subsidiary;
    • Continued failure to perform duties owed to the company; and
    • Being charged with a felony or a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude.
    Would a urine sample from Coach Roid Rage be enough cause?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Would a urine sample from Coach Roid Rage be enough cause?
    Are you saying his bench press max may be enhanced?

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Interesting info-- I have been on Holtz wagon from day one and proud of the standards he has set for our program. ULL paying Hud twice as much as Holtz got until this year (from Tech)-- many of us remember the ULL days of Field Goal kicker from there went to Cowboys--they touted him all the time til he was convicted of being a pedophile-- . I have friends in Lafayette and they have seldom had anything positive to say about football program , they started leaving stadium last time we played them when Dixon went 99 yards early. I was at game they honored Jake D and we had at least twice as many fans as ULL--we had class and stood up and applauded Jake ( Saints fans).

+ Reply to Thread