+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ESPN makes significant talent cuts

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: ESPN makes significant talent cuts

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Back in my day, we didn't need a phone to go poop!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: ESPN makes significant talent cuts

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    You had 3? Man, we only had 2. 8 and 10. On 8, "Good night to all good sports." - Harry Arthur. Mildred Swift and of course, Jack McCall and June Taylor. 10 carried NBC and ABC. 8 was exclusively CBS. If I remember right, we used to get a lot of St. Louis Cardinal NFL games. I remember Charlie Johnson at QB. J. D. Crowe at RB(?) and Sonny Sonny Randall at WR. Maybe Jerry Stovall was a Safety. And it seems like the game started at 1 PM. The Packers were on a lot with Ray Scott as the announcer on Packer games. I think Jack Buck for the Cardinals.
    We had Bud Campbell at ABC Channel 7 Little Rock.
    The NBC - Channel 4 and CBS - Channel 11 guys were not as impressionable.

Bozo the Clown at Channel 7 eventually became the station general manager.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread