+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Baseball. Diamond Dogs Sweep WKU, 5-1

Varsity Bulldog rlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to behold

Re: Baseball. Bulldogs Host WKU for Three-Game Set

Looks like we moved the game to right when the weather is coming in. Isn't even supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Question: do conference games have to be made up, no matter what? .
    No. First tie breaker is head to head. Then it gets rather complicated, but conference win percentage is involved. We need at least one W today.

Quote Originally Posted by rlirette View Post
    Looks like we moved the game to right when the weather is coming in. Isn't even supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon.
    The weather is holding to exactly what was predicted earlier in the week. There is a chance of storms after noon today with the bad stuff moving in tonight (wicked looking cold front has it snowing in West Texas now). The bad stuff is suppose to move out in the morning.

We will play a game tomorrow if we don't get both games in today.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Just looking outside, the weather looks ominous.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

We could pass FIU to grab 6th place if we sweep WKU today.
    FIU is playing at FAU.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Diamond Dogs‏ @LATechBSB 54m54 minutes ago

SCHEDULE UPDATE No double header today. We will only play one game today at 5 P.M. The series finale will be played at 1 P.M. on Sunday

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Diamond Dogs‏ @LATechBSB 54m54 minutes ago

SCHEDULE UPDATE No double header today. We will only play one game today at 5 P.M. The series finale will be played at 1 P.M. on Sunday
    I'm in MS, but it looks like they would have played the game today at noon. I looked at the weather in Ruston and it looks around 5 pm is when the bad weather will take place...
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Varsity Bulldog rlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to behold

I guess if they keep changing the forecast then they have to be right at some point,

Quote Originally Posted by rlirette View Post
    I guess if they keep changing the forecast then they have to be right at some point,
    It has not changed since Wednesday.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

I was checking 3 weather apps this morning and they showed wildly disparate precipitation percentages (e.g., 10-65% at noon). At one point, I had weather.com open simultaneously on two devices and they weren't even the same. These are tough calls to make.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I was checking 3 weather apps this morning and they showed wildly disparate precipitation percentages (e.g., 10-65% at noon). At one point, I had weather.com open simultaneously on two devices and they weren't even the same. These are tough calls to make.
    Yes, I have noticed the sources seem to "guess" differently on purpose. That's why I trust AccuWeather the most. As you recall, when playing baseball and/or golf you need the most reliable predictions. Not sure about the Shreveport meteorologists, but the ones in Monroe are pretty good. They are usually very close in their predictions.

I also understand the decision makers trying to avoid the cell headed NE and toward Ruston right now. It would have surely delayed a 1:00 start. Hopefully another one will not build in behind it when the rain chances are even higher.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Yes, I have noticed the sources seem to "guess" differently on purpose. That's why I trust AccuWeather the most. As you recall, when playing baseball and/or golf you need the most reliable predictions. Not sure about the Shreveport meteorologists, but the ones in Monroe are pretty good. They are usually very close in their predictions.

I also understand the decision makers trying to avoid the cell headed NE and toward Ruston right now. It would have surely delayed a 1:00 start. Hopefully another one will not build in behind it when the rain chances are even higher.
    Basically Monroe > Shreveport. Shreveport must suck. I'm only getting my weather forecasts from Monroe meteorologists from now on. Thanks for the insight PawDawg!

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Monroe got it right way earlier in the week. Their forecast never changed the entire time. Amazing.

I'm Listening to a tornado siren now.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

We may live a long time before we see a pitcher the caliber of Mr Harris in a Tech uniform. 9 innings, 1 run, 0 walks. The man is a warrior on the mound.

+ Reply to Thread