+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LaTech lands commitment from Blinn College QB Westin Elliott

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: LaTech lands commitment from Blinn College QB Westin Elliott

Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgs13 View Post
    so wait...we are going into the year with J'mar and true frosh and a hand full of walk ons at QB. Sounds like taking those 5th year transfer QBs has finally caught up with us. Maybe we can find another 5th year guy this summer. God bless Higgins for sticking it out!
    Wilson and Abraham transferring had nothing to do with bringing in Sokol or Driskel.

Belton and Woodall's injuries also had nothing to do with bringing in a couple grad transfers.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgs13 View Post
    With the success we've had so so QBs are unacceptable IMO. I think its fair to bring up the fact we only have two scholarship QBs right now. There is no doubt we struck gold with the 5th year guys and Higgins was a pleasant surprise. However, when you build a rep for taking 5th year guys it turns off top HS QBs. I know for a fact that OK St used that against us with Wudtee. Both the QBs that just transferred were not good enough to play for us IMO, but staff can't let those guys leave. I think Smith can get it done, but our backup situation scares me.
    A Big 12 school used Tech's successful QBs against us to steal a commitment? The Man must've been really desperate! I seriously doubt we lost Wudtee because of 2 successful grad transfers who left before he ever would've stepped on campus at Tech.

And honestly, I don't think we lost anything in Wudtee. Most Parkway-Feaster recruits have been a bust at the FBS level. I doubt Wudtee will ever take a meaningful snap at Okie State. Wudtee was like Plan Z for Okie State, a last minute warm body for camp to replace a QB they lost to a bigger school.

Of the 10 former Parkway-Feaster players who committed/signed with FBS programs, only 1 has had a positive contribution so far: Kam Eloph at Houston.
    - Eloph... contributed at Houston
    - Lynn... hasn't played a single down yet
    - Morgan... hasn't played a single down yet
    - Wudtee... hasn't played a single down yet
    - McGhee... bust
    - Harris... bust
    - Jefferson... bust
    - McKnight... bust
    - Jones... bust
    - Williams... bust

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    A Big 12 school used Tech's successful QBs against us to steal a commitment? The Man must've been really desperate! I seriously doubt we lost Wudtee because of 2 successful grad transfers who left before he ever would've stepped on campus at Tech.

And honestly, I don't think we lost anything in Wudtee. Most Parkway-Feaster recruits have been a bust at the FBS level. I doubt Wudtee will ever take a meaningful snap at Okie State. Wudtee was like Plan Z for Okie State, a last minute warm body for camp to replace a QB they lost to a bigger school.

If Wudtee plays at OSU, he'll really have to earn it. Here's a quick depth chart review of OSU's QB position going into the 2017 spring game. Wudtee is currently listed as #3 on the depth chart. However, he's got a 4-star All-World sophomore QB from Norman, OK right behind him at #4 (John Kolar) and a new celebrity 5-star signee at #5 in Jalani Woods. Woods is 6'7, and had an offer from Jim Harbaugh at Michigan....and about 45 other P5 schools.

There's going to be some disappointed QB's at OSU over the next 2-3 years. I just don't see how Mike Gundy can keep that many egos happy very long.

http://pokespost.com/2017/03/08/okla...-quarterbacks/

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I just don't see how Mike Gundy can keep that many egos happy very long.

Bulldog GoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Wilson and Abraham transferring had nothing to do with bringing in Sokol or Driskel.

Belton and Woodall's injuries also had nothing to do with bringing in a couple grad transfers.
    I agree 100% with these two statements. Here is my point about taking 5th year one and done transfer QBs. The "everybody gets a trophy" generation are the kids we are recruiting these days. These kids today are so freaking scared to "compete" for a spot on the depth chart. They are used to getting things handed to them or they look for somewhere else to play. I think any school that we go up against during recruiting would bring up the fact that two of our last three starters were 5th year guys. I'd be willing to bet with our current scholarship situation at QB. We take a 5th year guy this summer or next spring and that scares me.

p.s I love Belton, but his scholarship was a charity signing, let him walk on. Plenty of healthy deserving kids would have loved to have his spot.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    If Wudtee plays at OSU, he'll really have to earn it. Here's a quick depth chart review of OSU's QB position going into the 2017 spring game. Wudtee is currently listed as #3 on the depth chart. However, he's got a 4-star All-World sophomore QB from Norman, OK right behind him at #4 (John Kolar) and a new celebrity 5-star signee at #5 in Jalani Woods. Woods is 6'7, and had an offer from Jim Harbaugh at Michigan....and about 45 other P5 schools.

There's going to be some disappointed QB's at OSU over the next 2-3 years. I just don't see how Mike Gundy can keep that many egos happy very long.

http://pokespost.com/2017/03/08/okla...-quarterbacks/
    I saw a depth chart post-spring practice that shows Wudtee as Number 2. He must have had a good spring.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I saw a depth chart post-spring practice that shows Wudtee as Number 2. He must have had a good spring.
    It looks like Wudtee is 3rd string entering fall camp. Gundy didn't seem too pleased with any of the backups during spring practice, and all of the backup QBs struggled in the spring game.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...58bd0acc8.html

http://newsok.com/article/5545656

+ Reply to Thread