+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LaTech lands commitment from Blinn College QB Westin Elliott

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: LaTech lands commitment from Blinn College QB Westin Elliott

Another QB is walking on at Louisiana Tech. He is Justin Stolberg, QB 6-1 185 from Mandeville, LA. Senior season ~2,800 yards passing, 26 TD passes + 3 rushing. He is an excellent student- 3.6GPA and 25 ACT.
    https://twitter.com/justinstolberg_

http://www.ncsasports.org/football-r...ustin-stolberg

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3192911/justin-stolberg

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

So we have Smith, Elliot, Walker, and walk-ons Stolberg and Kraft? Is that correct?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Another QB is walking on at Louisiana Tech. He is Justin Stolberg, QB 6-1 185 from Mandeville, LA. Senior season ~2,800 yards passing, 26 TD passes + 3 rushing. He is an excellent student- 3.6GPA and 25 ACT.

Hard to not cheer for the walk ons.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

This kid has a little something. A steal at the price of a walk-on.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

A scholarship opened up today as LB Dante Williams tweeted that he will transfer.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

A scholarship opened up today as LB Dante Williams tweeted that he will transfer.
    So now every commitment we've had from Parkway under Feaster hasn't worked out.
    - Williams, transferring from Tech
    - Jefferson, signed with Tech but didn't qualify academically, ended up at JUCO & arrested after 1 season
    - Wudtee, decommitted & signed with Oklahoma State
    - Eloph, decommitted & signed with Houston
    - McGee, decommitted & ended up at McNeese State after we wouldn't take him back after switching to Tulane & decommitting from them
    - Jones, decommitted from Tech citing TOPS, signed with DII school & ended up enrolling at JUCO

I'm probably forgetting a couple more.

Well, the good news is Neil May is the HC at Parkway now and has the respect of the players that Feaster didn't have. I talked with Neil last year prior to a Tech home game (when he was still DC there) and he clearly believes that most local players should go to LA Tech.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

https://www.google.com/amp/collegefo...g-alabama/amp/

Would be a good player for us me thinks.

Bulldog GoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her game

so wait...we are going into the year with J'mar and true frosh and a hand full of walk ons at QB. Sounds like taking those 5th year transfer QBs has finally caught up with us. Maybe we can find another 5th year guy this summer. God bless Higgins for sticking it out!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgs13 View Post
    so wait...we are going into the year with J'mar and true frosh and a hand full of walk ons at QB. Sounds like taking those 5th year transfer QBs has finally caught up with us. Maybe we can find another 5th year guy this summer. God bless Higgins for sticking it out!
    You've forgotten what it like to have a so so QB. Crack on our COYHCSH for things like bad defense and special teams, but not the way he has handled QBs.

Bulldog GoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You've forgotten what it like to have a so so QB. Crack on our COYHCSH for things like bad defense and special teams, but not the way he has handled QBs.
    With the success we've had so so QBs are unacceptable IMO. I think its fair to bring up the fact we only have two scholarship QBs right now. There is no doubt we struck gold with the 5th year guys and Higgins was a pleasant surprise. However, when you build a rep for taking 5th year guys it turns off top HS QBs. I know for a fact that OK St used that against us with Wudtee. Both the QBs that just transferred were not good enough to play for us IMO, but staff can't let those guys leave. I think Smith can get it done, but our backup situation scares me.

If the backups that transferred weren't good enough to play for us then we didn't need them. We are upgrading our talent and those that can't stay in shape (Price Wilson) or are too impatient (Abraham) to watch and learn for a while, well, best of luck to them. There is always a good player HS/JC/GR who would love to have their vacated spot! The coaches are working on that at all of these camps right now.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

With the success we've had so so QBs are unacceptable IMO. I think its fair to bring up the fact we only have two scholarship QBs right now. There is no doubt we struck gold with the 5th year guys and Higgins was a pleasant surprise. However, when you build a rep for taking 5th year guys it turns off top HS QBs. I know for a fact that OK St used that against us with Wudtee. Both the QBs that just transferred were not good enough to play for us IMO, but staff can't let those guys leave. I think Smith can get it done, but our backup situation scares me.
    First, Higgins didn't surprise me as much as others on this board. But I agree with the 5th year senior thing. That was a worry of mine at the time. However, I also believe that Higgins helped that situation by sticking it out and showing a "home grown" QB can be successful. As HCSH noted Higgins gave Driskel a run in 2015 until he got sick and hurt. I have no idea how much talent we are losing in Wilson and Jackson, but evidently they didn't believe they could compete with Smith for the starting position and neither wanted to be a back up.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

However, when you build a rep for taking 5th year guys it turns off top HS QBs. I know for a fact that OK St used that against us with Wudtee. .
    Interesting. Give us more of the facts about Wudtee. A Big12 school had to use our success against us and ...

If the backups that transferred weren't good enough to play for us then we didn't need them. We are upgrading our talent and those that can't stay in shape (Price Wilson) or are too impatient (Abraham) to watch and learn for a while, well, best of luck to them. There is always a good player HS/JC/GR who would love to have their vacated spot! The coaches are working on that at all of these camps right now.
    Backups aren't good enough to be the starter, but your still need them on your roster. There is a way to go about things to keep these guys around, like not naming a starter after spring ball. IMO the starting QB shouldn't be named until after the second scrimmage of the fall every year. Yeah I know sometimes it's obvious who the starter is, but the illusion of a QB competition is good for all players involved. Also, the camps this summer aren't going to solve our QB problems this season, but hopefully we won't have the same issues next year.

I get that OK St is a big 12 school and that we should never beat a big 12 school in recruiting. At least for a competitive kid that wants to play at the highest level possible. As a parkway grad, I know Wudtee's parents well. The LA Tech coaches sold him hard on playing early in his career because of those 5th years guys being gone. It was a tough decision for him especially after being committed so long, but the culture of the 5th year QB played a role in his decision, that's all I'm saying. Who knows what other QBs we have lost in recruiting because of our 5th year success. All I'm saying is that it has caught up with us a little bit. If we do take another 5th year guy it will def help us in the short term, but prevents us from developing a good local HS QB imo.

+ Reply to Thread