+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw this thread on a Miss State site

Varsity Bulldog SpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant future

Saw this thread on a Miss State site

Thought you all might be interested in it

http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showt...10#post1333010

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Saw this thread on a Miss State site

I'm more concerned about NSU right now.

I would say that those Moo State fans are pretty college football savvy. They have the proper mix of "we SHOULD win" and "we need our "A" game to win." It is true, especially on offense, we don't know what Tech 2017 will look like. We've never been good on defense under Holtz, except in 2015 when our defense was turnover crazy, leading the nation in take-aways. All that said, I expect us to beat Moo State. But, that's me.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

With an improved defense in 2017, we will pants Moo State.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Will our defense be improved? i think we are going to really miss X.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    From what I've heard they are simplifying the defensive schemes for next year. On the one hand, you'd like to have complex blitzes and the like, but it's better to do simple stuff well than to screw up complicated stuff.

Beyond that, the defense has a chip on their shoulder after last year. Cooper said the defense would "punch you in the mouth" next year, and they sure seemed to play with some fire in the spring game.

I'm not predicting a miracle turn around here, but I think the defense should be improved at least somewhat.

As for offense, J'Mar almost beat Arkansas (better than Fail State) on the road (this is at home) as a redshirt freshman in his first career game (he's now got experience and will have had a whole offseason with 1st string reps and Tim Rattay). We return 3 starters on OL IIRC and both leading RBs, plus Dancy will have a fire to compete. Yes we lose Henderson and Taylor, but we bring in Veal and Gaines is back from injury, plus Tarzan is a year older, etc.

I'm not saying we for sure will win, but I definitely think we can win.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

The DL will be better (in terms of depth and experience).
    The LB's should be better (unless Hogan doesn't translate into a gamer).
    I think the corners will be better overall--Kitchen are Roberson are both excellent athletes who know have enough experience to play with confidence. Cooper was one of our most improved players last year imo and he will be the emotional leader of the defense. I would like to see Sneed moved back to safety because of his tackling and ball skills. King and Lewis seem to be the frontrunners to start at safety right?
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    Thought you all might be interested in it

http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showt...10#post1333010
    I only detected a couple of really smart people on that thread. This guy is one of them:

05-01-2017, 01:35 PM #7

Hoover Dawg

Join DateMay 2016Posts1,233
    Your arrogance towards smaller schools clouds your good judgment. They've been a quality program for a while under Skip Holtz. On the road in those smaller, on campus CUSA type venues makes it even tougher. Southern Miss in 2015 was far from easy. I assume you remember Troy in 2012, where we were lucky to get out alive. We're one of a handful of schools who has to do this for budgetary concerns. I don't mind the USAs, UABs and Memphis' and such when we are playing in big, sleepy stadiums. Playing in these small ones and tend to get raucous, scares me, due to our history. We could be a good team and go down there and get beat.

SPS Magazine | Clarion Ledger Yes | No

05-01-2017, 01:42 PM

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Will our defense miss his tackling skills?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Leadership is what I am thinking.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He is going to have to run to the ball as fast as he can in the NFL.....and be the defensive play caller for the team.

As for MSU - whatever - we will probably play them close and it will be a good game. NSU scares me - we always have one of those WTF games the last 4 years or so an that game has all the markings of that.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    From what I've heard they are simplifying the defensive schemes for next year. On the one hand, you'd like to have complex blitzes and the like, but it's better to do simple stuff well than to screw up complicated stuff.

Beyond that, the defense has a chip on their shoulder after last year. Cooper said the defense would "punch you in the mouth" next year, and they sure seemed to play with some fire in the spring game.

I'm not predicting a miracle turn around here, but I think the defense should be improved at least somewhat.

As for offense, J'Mar almost beat Arkansas (better than Fail State) on the road (this is at home) as a redshirt freshman in his first career game (he's now got experience and will have had a whole offseason with 1st string reps and Tim Rattay). We return 3 starters on OL IIRC and both leading RBs, plus Dancy will have a fire to compete. Yes we lose Henderson and Taylor, but we bring in Veal and Gaines is back from injury, plus Tarzan is a year older, etc.

I'm not saying we for sure will win, but I definitely think we can win.
    From reading that link:
    - they will tend to run it right down our throats - simple D leaning toward run D - chip on shoulder better at run D
    - Henderson and Trent gone - they don't have a lot of info on who to cover and we could have some time to put up some points until or if they can regroup on pass D
    - O line needs to protect as they will try to put big pressure on J'Mar and J'Mar has a quick release
    - If we come out throwing and they adjust, then we unleash the RBs

That is a lot of ifs and buts. We have a few tools we could use to tip the balance though.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

It'll take us finding another Quin Harris and Phillip Lives to beat them again, but I think we can do it. J'Mar has star qualities and we have proven RBs who can catch out of the backfield.. It'll be fun. Depth is less of an issue since they're on the road. No reason we can't put another SEC scalp on the locker room wall.

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    It'll take us finding another Quin Harris and Phillip Lives to beat them again, but I think we can do it. J'Mar has star qualities and we have proven RBs who can catch out of the backfield.. It'll be fun. Depth is less of an issue since they're on the road. No reason we can't put another SEC scalp on the locker room wall.
    As far as the SEC games go, I'm really excited about next year's match against LSU. In 2018, Tech will be going into Death Valley with an experienced QB (assuming J'mar goes the distance). Meanwhile, LSU will be breaking in a new QB (2017 is Etling's senior year). Granted, we probably still won't win, but I'll take whatever advantage we can get.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    As far as the SEC games go, I'm really excited about next year's match against LSU. In 2018, Tech will be going into Death Valley with an experienced QB (assuming J'mar goes the distance). Meanwhile, LSU will be breaking in a new QB (2017 is Etling's senior year). Granted, we probably still won't win, but I'll take whatever advantage we can get.
    It's not LSU's QBs I'm worried about. It's the defense in the black and white jerseys (and their RB will probably be good also).

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I'm not worried about lspoo in 2018. They'll be in their 2nd year of "Fire O" frenzy!

+ Reply to Thread