+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jack Abraham transferring

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: Jack Abraham transferring

He definitely "filled in at QB" during the spring, but when the roster is it's thinnest (during spring) that's not unusual.
    http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/spo...tech/99982272/

He is definitely a 100% WR/TE now.

Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    May have something to do with the Blinn Juco. But I was really counting on having Abraham in case J'mar flopped. I'm just remembering all the hype for Stallworth who had thrown the winning TD against Alabama. Then we had to burn McCown's redshirt.

With Stallworth was it just one throw vs. Alabama?

At least with J'mar it was an entire game vs. Ark and PT in several other games too. Hopefully, there's more evidence of his ability with J'mar to remove some concern?

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

I was surprised that Abraham left. I don't know the kid, but clearly he would have pressed Smith to start. If Smith is the starter, Abraham was probably a close #2. With Wilson leaving, he was clearly the #2 with the true freshman from Amite as #3. All of this makes me really respect Higgins for staying the entire time. 2 times graduate transfers came in and he stayed. He stayed and had a terrific senior year. I guess the juco transfer will now get Abraham's scholarship. I'm hoping Rattay saw something in him, b/c he does not have much experience. We are all thinking Smith is the next great QB. He seems to have the tools and a great QB coach to help him. I would definitely feel more comfortable if Abraham would have stayed. He was 1 play away from being a D1 starter.

My A D D got me off the point of this post. I didn't realize how much respect and admiration I had for Higgins for NOT transferring when things didn't go his way. The young man is smart...he stayed here, received a great education, and had a great career in my opinion even if it was for 1 year as a starter.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Looks like the plan is set for the next 5 years or so. We need guys who want to compete. Higgins was the epitome of competition despite being down the depth chart. I wish Abraham and Price had paid closer attention to him.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

I couldn't help but think of this great video that went viral a few weeks ago... "Work while you wait"

http://973thedawg.com/ragin-cajuns-c...-speech-video/
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand how an undersized kid who has NEVER started a game in FBS football believes that he's going to go somewhere else sit out a year and be given the starting job the following year. Seems rather dumb. If he stayed here, he was basically guaranteed the back-up spot and, in all likelihood, would have gotten some snaps THIS coming season as a redshirt freshman! At the very least, he would have been groomed by Rattay and handed the keys his 5th year in the system. That's a pretty good scenario imo. We're not talking about a guy who was a coveted blue chipper coming out of high school either. Good grief!
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Ensminger was the worst flop!!!
    agree as a Tech qb a flop but did have decent run as a Tech coach 88-89 and went on to play qb for Saints-Eagles ( 1 year each) --coached at Georgia-AM-Clemson and LSU til Miles fired as OC ( nuff said about their offense). Cant help but wonder if talent was not developed-- he came out of Monroe area as #15 qb in nation ( espn or Rivals). One of many things I like about Holtz is way he has developed offensive players and adapting to personel ..

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I was surprised that Abraham left. I don't know the kid, but clearly he would have pressed Smith to start. If Smith is the starter, Abraham was probably a close #2. With Wilson leaving, he was clearly the #2 with the true freshman from Amite as #3.
    Nope, he knew he wasn't pressing Smith and not a close #2, so he is moving on. I just hope he doesn't chase the dream at the cost of earning a quality degree.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I don't understand how an undersized kid who has NEVER started a game in FBS football believes that he's going to go somewhere else sit out a year and be given the starting job the following year. Seems rather dumb. If he stayed here, he was basically guaranteed the back-up spot and, in all likelihood, would have gotten some snaps THIS coming season as a redshirt freshman! At the very least, he would have been groomed by Rattay and handed the keys his 5th year in the system. That's a pretty good scenario imo. We're not talking about a guy who was a coveted blue chipper com.ing out of high school either. Good grief!
    Agreed. I think Abraham was a little too impatient and is getting some bad advice. He was one injury away from being a starter as a redshirt freshman. He'll probably be restricted from transferring to anyone in C-USA, Louisiana, and our future schedules. Where's he gonna go? Sun Belt, FCS, walk-on at Ole Miss? Those all seem like worse options. Then he'll have to sit out another year and then try to win the starting job. Since he enrolled early for spring, he would've been able to graduate from Tech in 3.5 years, which would've allowed him to be a grad transfer with 2 years left of eligibility to play immediately somewhere else if he didn't win the starting job at Tech. I don't think he's thought this through very well. It makes you really appreciate guys like Colby Cameron and Ryan Higgins for sticking it out and shining when they got their opportunities.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

This is NOT meant as rip on either qb who transferred-- just a legit question. I can not remember any qb who left Tech who had attention after leaving. Our offense is a qbs dream and can't imagine many places better. Maybe he wants to get back to Mississipi-- back to question-- who left as qb and had a great career?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    agree as a Tech qb a flop but did have decent run as a Tech coach 88-89 and went on to play qb for Saints-Eagles ( 1 year each) --coached at Georgia-AM-Clemson and LSU til Miles fired as OC ( nuff said about their offense). Cant help but wonder if talent was not developed-- he came out of Monroe area as #15 qb in nation ( espn or Rivals). One of many things I like about Holtz is way he has developed offensive players and adapting to personel ..
    You are confusing Steven Ensminger Sr https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Ensminger

with Steven Ensminger Jr http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m..._steven00.html

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Both LSU fans

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    . Thanks-- and I mean it-- I really am getting worse as I get older--

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBark View Post
    With Stallworth was it just one throw vs. Alabama?

At least with J'mar it was an entire game vs. Ark and PT in several other games too. Hopefully, there's more evidence of his ability with J'mar to remove some concern?
    If I remember correctly, Stalwortb started the next game vs USL and had a pretty good game in a win.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    If I remember correctly, Stalwortb started the next game vs USL and had a pretty good game in a win.
    I was there. That was that 44-34 win over USL, when the refs tried their best to steal the game from us. Tech had 19 penalties for something like 250 yards. In one sequence, James Jordan made a great catch for a first down, looked at the chains and motioned "that's a first down" because it was close. Refs hit him with a taunting penalty. Bicknell was like What? stepped out on the field to speak to the nearest ref for an explanation and he was hit with a 15-yarder! Was like that all night. USL had at least 3 TD drives kept alive with bullshit calls against our defense.

But, our offense was simply too potent, even for the refs. Delwyn Daigre (sp?) had a huge night. Stallworth enjoyed a great night.

+ Reply to Thread