+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 5/9 @Lafayette (Midweek)

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: 5/9 @Lafayette (Midweek)

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Their reliever that shut us down in the 6th inning is very impressive. Bases loaded and then 3 strike outs. I don't remember a single time out by our guys in that stretch. Take a little time, get your optics set, and get him out of his groove. That's what I was taught. That pitcher is the real deal, although no Nolan Ryan.
    He had something like 85 K's and 16 bb's in only 50+ innings of work...

He had nasty stuff to K the 3 he k'd
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

He only K'd the first two with the bases loaded. Neither of our first two guys could even foul off one of his pitches. Ullrich grounded out to SS to end the inning.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    He only K'd the first two with the bases loaded. Neither of our first two guys could even foul off one of his pitches. Ullrich grounded out to SS to end the inning.
    Regardless - he specializes in getting the K in those situations and got some BIG ONES last night
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Regardless - he specializes in getting the K in those situations and got some BIG ONES last night
    Right. That's one of the reasons I said it would have been a horrible situation to try to squeeze. The guys who would've squeezed couldn't even foul off a single pitch. They wouldn't have been able to get a bunt down either.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

A bunt is far and away an easier effort than a full swing especially when the pitcher is throwing well. If I was HCB I'm pretty sure I would've called for a bunt after the first K. Considering the big picture... on the road against a motivated underdog, losing, lifeless hitting, fairly late in the game with no over achieving hitters in order... I bunt!

Of course it's all water under the bridge now. Interesting side note is that shortly thereafter ULL rubbed Burroughs' nose in it by doing the very thing he should've. In order to win you have to play to win. Hoping that a "W" falls in your lap isn't going to work out well most times.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    A bunt is far and away an easier effort than a full swing especially when the pitcher is throwing well. If I was HCB I'm pretty sure I would've called for a bunt after the first K. Considering the big picture... on the road against a motivated underdog, losing, lifeless hitting, fairly late in the game with no over achieving hitters in order... I bunt!

Of course it's all water under the bridge now. Interesting side note is that shortly thereafter ULL rubbed Burroughs' nose in it by doing the very thing he should've. In order to win you have to play to win. Hoping that a "W" falls in your lap isn't going to work out well most times.
    But with the bases loaded, wouldn't a bunt be an easy force out at home? Unless the bunt was absolutely perfect.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    But with the bases loaded, wouldn't a bunt be an easy force out at home? Unless the bunt was absolutely perfect.
    Safety squeeze...

What is Safety Squeeze?

A type of squeeze play, which is a sacrifice bunt with a runner on third, where the runner waits to leave third base until the bunt has been hit. This is opposite of a Suicide Squeeze where the runner at third leaves the moment the pitcher begins their pitch.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Rarely will you see a squeeze of any type with the bases loaded. The force out at the plate negates any advantage of doing it. Plus, if it happens to be a bad bunt you're likely to end up with a double play. Not saying it never happens, and everyone can second guess all they want, but it is not a smart baseball move there.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

We had every chance in the world to win and didn't. Against a team with a good pitching staff like ULL, you have to make them pay when the bases are loaded with nobody out. Game over, time to win the upcoming conference series.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Yep, it dropped our RPI to 39. How's that search for a new baseball coach going after your 12-43 season. Or are you going to hire another AD first before that? Glad we aren't a UL-X.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

I have only seen pictures but it certainly seems like a nice facility you guys have @ Lafayette. I can't recall any Tech fans saying otherwise. Yeah, losing 2 of 3 to MTSU probably hurt. What are @ Lafayette's chances of gaining an at large bid? Welcome back, LaCajunFan.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

I thought all grandstands were elevated and that was why they were called grandstands. Rows one behind the other wouldn't make much sense for a sports venue.

“I take full ownership of the recent issues within our program,” Hudspeth said.

That took a while

Puppy ULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you think ULM2009's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I have only seen pictures but it certainly seems like a nice facility you guys have @ Lafayette. I can't recall any Tech fans saying otherwise. Yeah, losing 2 of 3 to MTSU probably hurt. What are @ Lafayette's chances of gaining an at large bid? Welcome back, LaCajunFan.
    (LOL: seems my posts are being deleted, yet I have done NOTHING wrong, lol. So let's try this again)There are none so blind than thos that will not see. Especailly someone who is blinded by hate, fear and loathing. From post #59 on this very thread….by one 'rabid' dawg (lol): "What was your impression of ull's new stadium? They try and make it out to be "one of the best" in the country. I went inside the place for three innings during their astate series. An old budd's son pitches for the red wolves. In my limited opinion the brick exterior is impressive. The inside was just another ball park. I wasn't impressed." That’s so painful to read….he first says he was impressed, but no, he was not impressed. OMG. Must be really lacking something to be so insecure you can't admit it when something is nice, even if it is a foe. It's not just a 'façade'…again, the entire grandstand is elevated, so that anyone on the main course going to the can, concessions, etc., has a clear view of the game. This also raises all of seats in the GS, so there really is not a bad seat in the house. Not to mention the 10 fantastic suites, the new PB, the new club room, the size/attendance, crowd participation, etc., etc. But yeah, just 'another ball park.' Painful as it may be to acknowledge, it was already known as one of the best in the country....and now it has far surpassed that. Oh, and I am not 'LCF.' From what I hear, he has no posting privileges here….he would like to be able to post, but cannot. Why don't you get your mod friend to let him post???
    Last edited by ULM2009; 05-21-2017 at 08:00 PM.

Puppy ULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you thinkULM2009  - Nobody cares what you think ULM2009's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    “I take full ownership of the recent issues within our program,” Hudspeth said. That took a while
    No, it didn't. Just because you are reading about it now, doesn't change the fact that he has owned it since the beginning. This is just another example of the deep-seated hatred you have for Lafayette, the city and people of LFT. Also: why do ltur couples not like the reverse cowgirl position? Because they were always taught not to turn your back on your family.
    Last edited by ULM2009; 05-21-2017 at 08:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread