+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Penn State Frats in Big Trouble

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Penn State Frats in Big Trouble

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...piazza-n755436

I hope all 18 of them are convicted and spend several years in prison.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Penn State Frats in Big Trouble

Well, according to that report, the guy was drunk and fell down some stairs, where the injuries occurred. They (the frat dudes) put him on a couch, guess to sleep off his drunkenness, and security cameras show he got up in the middle of the night, tried the front door but couldn't get it open, and then staggered toward where the stairs led down.

Crimes? underage drinking, giving alcohol to a minor. It's a stretch to say "negligent homicide" as no one took any steps to verify the nature of the injuries after the fall. But, come on, a bunch of 20-something college guys!? These are the same types who voted for Bernie Sanders. Can't expect rational, responsible behavior from them.

I expect to see criminal charges either dropped, or greatly reduced to some misdemeanor, and then the family will seek their satisfaction thru a civil "wrongful death" lawsuit.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Well, just saw a more detailed report released by the grand jury....those frat dudes are in deep trouble. It's not so much the incident itself, although that was not good, it's what they did/didn't do afterwards that is disturbing.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Well, just saw a more detailed report released by the grand jury....those frat dudes are in deep trouble. It's not so much the incident itself, although that was not good, it's what they did/didn't do afterwards that is disturbing.
    Exactly.... He was unresponsive and they tried to revive him several times. One or two wanted to call 911, but the others wouldn't let him. A LOT is on surveillance tapes, which I heard that an alumnus donated a few years back during home renovations. That surveillance is damning evidence, apparently.

Another thing...it's unusual for so much detail to be released by a grand jury. Or, usually the DA's office wants to keep such evidence under wraps, and wait to a trial to reveal it. It's like they are trying this case in public. For one thing, it may be hard to seat an unbiased jury. I know if I were selected for jury duty and was being interviewed by the lawyers on this case, I'd have to be honest and say I think there was wrong-doing by some of the frat dudes. No way would the defense want me on that jury. Of course, if the prosecution was pushing for some murder charges, they might not want me on the jury either.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Why would consuming a a dangerous amount of alcohol be a requirement for joining a fraternity? Fraternities should have counseling for all members and pledges on the dangers of consuming too much alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Why would consuming a a dangerous amount of alcohol be a requirement for joining a fraternity? Fraternities should have counseling for all members and pledges on the dangers of consuming too much alcohol.
    I have only sporadic, vague memories of Rush Week September, 1976. I know I had a blast and visited a bunch of Frat houses... other than that ?????????????????

They just played some of the text messages of the frat members where they tried to cover up and lied about what really happened. Some of these kids are going to prison.

Must be something in the water at Penn State....

Yo! I have a water treatment system that will clean up anything.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Must be something in the water at Penn State....

Yo! I have a water treatment system that will clean up anything.
    If y'all will all be multi millionaires, no one will be able to afford it!! Is LaVar Ball head of marketing??

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    If y'all will all be multi millionaires, no one will be able to afford it!! Is LaVar Ball head of marketing??
    Environmental and waste services have a really high PE ratio. Assuming a reasonable ROI of 20-30% and you're looking at multi-millions easy.

r/iamverysmart

+ Reply to Thread