+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Comey's Firing

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Comey's Firing

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Your statement is liberalism in a nutshell. Liberals do seem to think they know it all.

You seem to know better than I how to spend my hard earned money. You seem to know better than I as to which charity I should give. You seem to know better than I how I should think. You seem to know better than I what I should say. You seem to know better than I how I should say it. You seem to know better than I what pronouns I should use. You seem to know better than I what I should eat. You seem to know better than I where I should send my children to school. You seem to know better than I how to discipline my children. You seem to know better than I what courses my children should take. You seem to know better than I what history I should learn. You seem to know better than I how I should interpret history. You seem to know better than I how I should pay for my health care. You seem to know better than I what car I should drive. You seem to know better than I whether I should believe in and follow Jesus Christ. You seem to know better than I with what and how I should defend myself. You seem to know better than I how I should use my property. You seem to know better than I how I should treat my wife. You seem to know better than I with whom I should associate. You seem to know better than I how much I should pay my employees. You seem to know better than I what I should call a human sporting a penis. You seem to know better than I who I should share a bathroom with.

"Seem" is the operative word. It is subjective. To you it "seems" you know it all. To me you are just a meddling liberal who seems to think he knows more than he does.
    That wasn't my statement - it was a quote from the article you linked.

I am pretty sure that you know that you misrepresented my views when you laid out the beautiful anaphora portion of your post. I will give you high marks for your prose.

I don't for a second think I should decide how other people live their lives up until the point that they are infringing on someone else's equal rights. But posting about my complete disagreement with a viewpoint that someone else has stated on here does not remotely suggest that I would rather have control over their decisions. We all have blind spots and on the pawlitics board I am more than happy to point these out in others.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Pure Liberalism is a true mental illness.
    Speaking of, when are you going to go defend trump on your narcissism thread?

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    ato, that's a good question. Look at the federal budget, look at the source of their income, look at the federal benefits they receive, look at their tax burden as a percentage of income. While the impact of federal benefits might be indirect, it is still real. How much in federal benefits are you getting? I know that while my federal tax bill last year was $15k, I got more than that in direct and indirect federal benefits (probably at least $50k).

As to your second point, look at the House health care bill that recently passed.
    Can you detail the direct and indirect benefits? A simpleton like me isn't inclined to just accept a $50K number just because you said so.

What about the house bill that the Senate hasn't taken up and has indicated will not be taken up without significant changes? Is it the getting rid of pre-existing conditions? What specifically?

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I have never watched Olbermann or MSNBC. I do my best to avoid hyperpartisan sources of news and opinion because I don't find it very reliable.
    Didn't ask if it were reliable, here he is advocating the same thing Trump was during the rallies. He is asking foreign intel agencies to give info on the POTUS. Surely you can see the parallels.

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Didn't ask if it were reliable, here he is advocating the same thing Trump was during the rallies. He is asking foreign intel agencies to give info on the POTUS. Surely you can see the parallels.
    I didn't watch it because I can't stand the guy. But, sure I think that is unAmerican. Would similarly say that such statements shoukd morally disqualify him from being POTUS. Though, I am sure I would also morally disqualify him for other extreme things he has advocated.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

That wasn't my statement - it was a quote from the article you linked.
    I don't think I said it was your statement. I said that statement was liberalism in a nutshell. But, since you mentioned it, you adopted it when you copied and pasted it with approval, or should I say, when you echoed it.

I don't for a second think I should decide how other people live their lives up until the point that they are infringing on someone else's equal rights.
    Maybe not for as second, but certainly for hours on end.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post

Maybe not for as second, but certainly for hours on end.
    Since it makes it easier for you to disregard what I said, and it is reaffirming to you, statistics say you probably believe that.

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.re.../idUSKBN1881YJ

Really just typical NPD behavior.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    As one who is gainfullly employed and requires/receives $0 in public assistance, you aren't talking about me, salty.

And it is funny for devoted DIMMs to be talking about beliefs of any kind. The only thing I see from devoted DIMMs are anti-beliefs, particularly anarchy and agnosticism.
    Frisco, public assistance such as food stamps and Section 8 is a very small portion of federal benefits given out to individuals and corporations. How much in federal income tax did Trump pay last year?

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Roughly speaking the federal outlay is 3 trillion per year and there is roughly 300 million people in the US. That averages out to $10,000 per person. Household of 2's share would be roughly $20k. If you have 3 kids, $50k.

That is obviously before you make adjustments for your use of federal resources relative to the average.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Since it makes it easier for you to disregard what I said, and it is reaffirming to you, statistics say you probably believe that.
    I'm sure your future posts will provide all the data I need.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Out of curiousity - is foxnews or any of the rest of the Trump propaganda apparatus talking about the pledge of loyalty requested by Trump of Comey?

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Can you detail the direct and indirect benefits? A simpleton like me isn't inclined to just accept a $50K number just because you said so.

What about the house bill that the Senate hasn't taken up and has indicated will not be taken up without significant changes? Is it the getting rid of pre-existing conditions? What specifically?
    Well, in my case Medicare benefits, Social Security benefits, and Veterans benefits. Indirect benefits would be governmental subsidies/tax credits/grants to companies in which I own stock.

I think that our approach to health care is flawed. It is being operated as a for-profit enterprise whereas I think the better approach is to make it non-profit. Take a look at the best health care systems in the world and adopt their principles. Somebody just said that Australia as a great health care system, better than ours. Don't know if it is true or not.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Somebody just said that Australia as a great health care system, better than ours. Don't know if it is true or not.
    Yeah, Trump has said that on multiple occasions.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Out of curiousity - is foxnews or any of the rest of the Trump propaganda apparatus talking about the pledge of loyalty requested by Trump of Comey?
    One of the more interesting conflicting reports from the initial reason given for Comey's ouster.

+ Reply to Thread